Hollywood Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2012

You're in Cortland and eventually you have to eat. The Hollywood is the place everyone will send you. It really isn't the only restaurant in Cortland but it seems to be the best of a poor lot. It's clean. The Hollywood is a Cortland institution serving American food, think Hamburgers, fries and spagetti. The food isn't particularly good but there is a theme. The restaruant has some film stuff and a larger than life plastic Marilyn Monroe in the air up her skirts posture. If that sounds like your idea of fine dining you can ignore the eggplant that isn't cooked and the iceburg lettuce salad while you live your fantasy. You'll be in some company as the locals all seem to drag in on weekend nights.Some of the college students will also attend but that won't uplift any spirits. Next time you're in Cortland, bring food from home.

1  Thank Sir Jeffrey b

Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

Jar sauce and 2 of our entrees came out burned. Former glory had faded fast. OK service but not worth the $$$.

1  Thank homer13077
Reviewed August 4, 2012

My wife and I met eachother at Hollywood Restaurant 12 years ago. When we go to New York we make sure to stop and visit the little gem of Cortland.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

I am not going to make this a long review. I did not enjoy anything about this restaurant. My wife and the 13 liked the food.

We sat to a table quickly. The atmosphere is old memorable and mood set in dim lighting. Serve took a few minutes to get to us. She was pleasant, but it quickly went down from here. This was my first time here and I thought I would try the lasange that states on the menu they it famous. My wife scallops and teenager chicken something. Anyways they got salads, and waited for bread what seemed like forever.

The waitress ask how was meal, and didn't want for a response.

Long story it was roughly $15 per person, and I still felt robbed.

1  Thank futureray
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Yes, we will be back. What else do you need to know. I had the anti-pasta salad. Excellent. All of our meals were good including the kids chicken strips.