“Excellent Authentic Mexican Food”

Garcia's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #27 of 111 Restaurants in Cortland
Cuisines: Mexican
Kingman, Arizona
“Excellent Authentic Mexican Food”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Great food, great prices. The only thing not authentic is the decor. There was nothing in the restaurant that was Mexican or anything else. It was very no frills. The food came out within 10 minutes of taking our order. It was hot and delicious. The server recommended I get my chalupas fried. I took the chance and am so glad I did. The prices here we very reason. We had 3 entrees and a kid's taco meal and it was $54.00. Would definitely go back here next time we are in town. The only negative thing was when it was time to pay I had to go find the waitress to pay the bill as we waited about 10 minutes for her to come back and she never did.

• Visited February 2014

Rochester, New York
“Great Mexican Food, great service”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed our dinner. Great Mexican food and lots of choices. Fast service. Not fine dining, but clean and comfortable, lots of seating, and tables are nicely spaced out. Great place to bring a family.

Visited February 2014
Cortland, New York
“Always fast and delicious”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

We have eaten here so many times I figured it was time to write a review. The food arrives very quickly and Is served HOT! We generally order fajitas...and they are delicious. Have also had the taco salad which is very large. Large Margaritas are huge, and impressive. Generally they are on the weak side-but the one I had this evening was strong and good. Very friendly staff, and an overall good experience.

• Visited November 2013
Potsdam, New York
“Read their sign - Authentic Mexican restaurant - no tex-mex here!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

We stopped in while in Cortland and went looking for something Mexican. We stumbled on this place and went in, seeing the interior looked like a couple of places we've been in Tijuana or Reynosa or Nuevo Laredo. The menu conveyed what we understood from the sign outside - this place serves Authentic Mexican food. Do NOT think of Chili's or Taco Bell or Chi Chi's or some other gringa-fided cuisine! If you are looking for the simple decent blandness of real Mexican food, this is THE place in CNY. If you want a bunch of tasty salsas and fancy flavor combinations, keep driving. These folks do it real good, just not what a lot of northerners think of when eating mexican. Simple ingredients and base flavors abound on the very extensive menu. We had an excellent beef tip chimichangas - these are much smaller than a typical restaurant Chimi but very well prepared. We also had chicken enchiladas, very nice as well. Good fresh lettuce and refried beans Pancho Via would be proud of...very smooth and bland, and dirty rice was good also. Remember, you're not getting a lot of gooey cheese or spicy flavors, or complex sauces (mole is the exception). You are in for a real treat as long as you are prepared...remember I warned you...think authentic mexican. Then when you are done you can say Wow - I had something new, authentic mexican - not americanized tex-mex. The servers were authentic Mexicans as well, excellent atmosphere - like I said, really reminded us of a place in Mexico we've been. Give them a chance and get yourself educated on what Authentic Mexican food is like...you'll be able to say you had real mexican food!

• Visited September 2013
Tioga, Pennsylvania
“Good Food”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

When Bon Ton Roulet (bicycling around the Finger Lakes) ends we always stop for our final meal in the area at Garcias. I think they may have changed owners because the service was a little confusing. We never knew who our wait staff was. I don't think the same person came to our table twice. And when they did, they were a little slow. But the food was fantastic. We started with the Choriqueso. The cheese was a little watery, but the taste was delicious. They did serve additional chips with the dip so there was plenty for dipping in the cheese sauce and the regular salsa. Ed had his old standby of Chili Relleno and I had a Shrimp Quesadilla. Both meals came out piping hot and pleasant to the palate. When we are in the area, we will stop there again.

Visited July 2013