“Excellent stay for a reasonable price!”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Cortland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I stayed at this hotel on a very busy 4th of July weekend. The customer service is amazing, the hotel was very clean, and was very clean smelling, if that makes sense. The staff, from the front desk to the cleaning staff, to the wonderful, social butterfly lady, working the continental breakfast (which was excellent too by the way), who walked around greeting guests and insuring that their meal was top of the line. The reasonable price was worth every penny! An excellent experience!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
Kelly F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Dear Sandy W,

I thank you so much for your amazing feedback about our hotel and our staff. We do strive to give you the best experience possible while with us and feel very honored when we succeed. I thank you for mentioning Margie (from the breakfast room,) as well. She is an amazing team member and we are very lucky to have her. I will certainly share your feedback with my team. Thank you again and we do look forward to hosting any of your future visits to Cortland! Take care until next time!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Excellent hotel with great service right across from the Jets training facility at SUNY Cortland. My son loved the pool and the staff. They also serve a pretty descent breakfast. Would definitely go back!

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Dear generalKen,

Thank you for suggesting our hotel as the place to stay when visiting Jets camp! We love hosting our Jets fans here and hope they come back every year. We are lucky to be so conveniently located to the field. I am very glad that you enjoyed breakfast as well. Have a wonderful rest of the day and please know that we look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

I left something in my room and discovered it the night after I checked out. I called the hotel and they located the item, packaged it, and arranged for it to be FedExed to my next destination. This was very helpful. If they couldn't ship it I would have had to drive 12 hours round trip, overnight, to retrieve it. The staff was very helpful at all stages of our trip. They recommended places for dinner in town and we found a nice place that our family enjoyed.

Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Dear Katherine M.,

Thank you so much for sharing your awesome response with our future guests. I am so glad that we were able to assist in sending your lost item home. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again! Have a great day!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

We were recently on a visit to Ithaca and looked for a decent hotel. Most hotels in Ithaca are overpriced, but found this one located within 20 minutes to Ithaca very reasonably priced. We were pleasantly surprised by the hotel's quality and atmosphere. Major reasons for my rating are - (i)Excellent and helpful staff who go out of their way to make you feel comfortable (ii) clean rooms (iii) Strong Wifi connection that is free (iv) fresh cookies and coffee available 24/7 (v) decent exercise room (vi) nearby restaurants (vii) variety of hot and cold breakfast items with fruits. The pool is small and you may not bother with that, but the exercise room is decent. When we were there, they also had free nachos and cheese in the evening. Highly recommend their chocolate chip cookies and bold coffee.

2  Thank sub580
Kelly F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Dear Guest!

Thank you so much for your outstanding feedback about your recent stay. I appreciate you sharing your experience with our future travelers so that they might try us out as well. Not many people from the Ithaca area or that are traveling to Ithaca know about us so your feedback is very valued. I would also like to thank you for mentioning our staff, breakfast, and hotel cleanliness. We also feel that our "little extras, such as our snacks...which are known as a Visions Impressions item," make all the difference. Thank you again and have a wonderful rest of the day! I look forward to meeting you during one of your future visits!

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Had no problems with any aspect of our stay. It was the little extras that made this so great. Games for the kids, DVDs available to use, and desserts, crackers and cheese in the lobby. The hotel employee st breakfast, Marcie, was fantastic! Greeted everyone like she knew them personally. Very attentive to everyone's needs. Would definitely stay here again!

1  Thank Ashley K
Kelly F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you so much for mentioning Margie! She is truly an asset to our team. I know that we are very lucky to have her. I am so glad that you enjoyed our little extras as well, that is truly the reason that we offer them. I look forward to any future visits that you make to the Cortland area. Thank you again and have a wonderful evening!

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Pros: Excellent check-in, very friendly and helpful; room is very clean but sparse, good location, good breakfast, very comfortable king size bed,

Cons: Very loud in-room air conditioner; excruciatingly slow internet; very little space in the bathroom to put any of your items.

Bottom Line: If staying in Cortland again, or passing through I would stay here again, but please fix the internet.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kelly F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you so much for your response about your recent visit with us. We enjoy hearing all feedback, including areas of opportunity for improvement. I will certainly look into our internet connection and the a/c that was in your room. I thank you for mentioning how much you enjoyed our staff and breakfast as well. We do look forward to seeing you during any future visits that you make to Cortland and hope to give you an even better experience the next time around. Thank you again and have a wonderful rest of the day!

Reviewed July 9, 2014

We've stayed at this hotel before & both times have been great...clean/comfortable room...asked for a room near the pool & they gave us the very first room from the pool (next to the exercise center)...had a "goodie" bag for us when we arrived (water & Cheetos), & our 8-year-old daughter got a "prize" for coloring a picture they gave her...only problem was that our dvd player stopped working but they gave us a new one...good breakfast selection...stayed there 2 days & the breakfast attendant (Margie) was very nice & kid-friendly...staff as a whole was very friendly & helpful...if you like fish go to "Doug's Fish Fry" just down the street for lunch/dinner! On a side note: my wife is a U.S. government employee (& military veteran) & Country Inn & Suites offered her a discounted rate, even on the 4th of July, when other hotels wanted to raise the rate (and their "discounted" rate was higher in the first place!)...thank you for recognizing her service to our country!

1  Thank Bryan M
Kelly F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you so much for your wonderful response regarding our hotel. Thank you for mentioning Margie...she is a true asset to our team! We are very happy that we could honor your wife's military status and that you enjoyed the extra goodies that were available for you. We look forward to hosting all of your Cortland visits! Take care until next time. Thank you again!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cortland
Best Western Plus Finger Lakes Inn & Suites
Ramada Cortland Hotel and Conference Center
Comfort Inn Cortland
Comfort Inn Cortland
#6 of 10 in Cortland

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland? Share your experiences!