“Vacation ”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Rochester, New York
“Vacation ”
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Great place. Friendly and helpful staff.
Outside looks nice and clean and well taken care of.
The lobby is inviting and a cookie is welcoming the guest.
The breakfast room of the lobby has good size and breakfast was plenty.
The room was big with nice rustic furniture. I could do without the whirlpool and the mirrors . Bathroom was big and everything worked.
The room was clean.
The pool looked inviting but I did not have time to use it.
Nice place.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Kelly F, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear Guest,
I thank you so much for sharing your detailed feedback about your experience here at the Country Inn & Suites. I thank you for mentioning our team and the cookies! (We love them too!!) We strive to give our guests the best experience possible and feel very rewarded when we receive a response such as yours. Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you to Cortland! Take care until then!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Long Island
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed overnight at the hotel during a weekend while we were visiting some colleges in the area. My friend recommended Country Inn and Suites for their free breakfast. The clerks at the front desk, Cassie (?) and Javier were most polite and friendly. Although we only stayed overnight, we found the accommodations spacious and comfy. My younger son went in the pool, though small, it was fine for a quick enjoyment during an overnight stay. There is coffee/tea available 24 hours in the lobby as well as home-made cookies. The breakfast buffet was well stocked, with a variety of typical buffet breakfast items. The woman who was the breakfast attendant was so friendly and interacted with the guests, making them feel comfortable. She was very active and always was brining out more items such as fruit and donuts for the buffet. In addition, the lobby was quaint with coordinated furniture and a gas fireplace, wood accents. We were there in late October and the lobby was decorated cheerfully for Halloween. They have a lending library and some board games available for the guests as well. We were very pleased with our overnight stay. Lastly, the hotel is conveniently located across from SUNY Cortland and down the road are chain restaurants and shopping available.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Teri T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear LlChick,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay at our hotel with us and our guests. Our team works very hard to ensure all our guests have a pleasant stay and when this is reinforced so positively it really is the best reward for a job well done.

Cassie and Javier were thrilled to see you mention them and I am happy to hear they made an impact and were a great welcoming team.

We hope to see you back in Cortland soon and it would be an honor to host your next stay.

Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I am a Marriott fan and try to stay in one of their properties when ever I can. That being said, there were no Marriott's in Cortland when we visited our daughter in the area recently. We gave this a try and were pleasantly surprised.
The hotel was immaculate inside and out. There is always coffee and fresh cookies available in the lobby. I saw chips and salsa in the lobby most nights. The breakfast was good...not gourmet but good. Eggs two ways each morning were available with home fries. Hard boiled plus scrambled or omelet style. Other changing choices included sausage, diced ham, shredded cheese, salsa, sour cream, depending on the egg choice. There were 3 juices, coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Bagels and toast were available. I did wish they offered english muffins. Mini donuts and muffins were also available. Hot and cold cereal choices plus make your own waffles.
Our room was clean and well maintained.The beds were great if you like a softer bed, which I don't but my wife was very happy. The bathroom was in very good repair. I think I stayed during the time of the previous reviewer and the bus. I was on the back side and did not here a thing. All and all...the best choice for the Cortland area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Hello R&R48,

I am so glad to hear you now have a second choice for your hotel stays and I'm thrilled to hear our hotel is the lucky choice!!
We take great pride in our hotel and it shines in both the level of cleanliness our guests see but more so in the guest service experienced while staying with us.

Thank you for taking your time to share your stay with our future guests, we appreciate your comments and your observations.

We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back again soon!

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Reviewed October 11, 2013

This has always been one of my two places to stay while in Cortland for business. The last day of my visit started with a tour bus idling in the parking lot at 6:10. The bus continued to make noise for 45 minutes. There was no one in the bus except the driver who appeared to be talking on his cell phone. I understand the bus fills a lot of rooms, but most states, including New York, have laws against this and it was really annoying. I've never had this happen at my other local lodging option. I travel here multiple times a year for multiple days. I'll choose elsewhere going forward. With the college nearby and traveling sports teams I guess I have just been lucky with past stays.

The rooms are clean and quiet. The exercise room was in great shape. This is a nice place to stay, but nothing else matters if my sleep is disturbed!

Room Tip: The buses apparently are permitted to use the rear parking lot as their extended idling zones so I w...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Teri T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Busywithbusiness,

I agree with you 100%-waking to the noise and smell of an idling vehicle is an absolute annoyance. I apologize for this and hope you know this is not the normal bus etiquette at our hotel. We work very hard with our drivers to ensure this doesn't happen and with all the buses we have hosted over the years the impact on our guests is very low.

Please know we value your business and I personally understand how a good nights sleep impacts your business-A peaceful and restful nights sleep are our goal for you and all guests, with a nice calm transition in the morning.

I do hope you will give our hotel another opportunity and allow us the opportunity to show you this was a one time incident not the norm for our hotel and our bus drivers.

I have used your comments as a learning opportunity for our desk associates-it opened up the conversation on what we can do beyond talking with our drivers at check in time to ensure all bus drivers are aware but more so all hotel associates are aware when there are buses in the parking lot how we need to be more proactive to ensure their location is not going to impact any of our guests.

Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel, as I would like to talk with you in person and invite you back for your next stay in Cortland.

607-753-8300
St. Thomas
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stayed at the hotel on our way between Detroit and Long Island. Kind of a crazy drive with road construction, etc. The hotel was a tranquil respite, nice, big room, comfy chairs and great beds...lots of space to stretch out. Nice people at the desk, clean, clean room, cheese and crackers, cookies, lovely breakfast.... what more could one want??

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Teri T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Hi Loy N,

Your stay sounds wonderful, I'm so glad we were able to share your stop over and provide you the comfort needed during your travels!

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon

Teri Tarshus, CHA
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

One of the nicest Country Inn's we've stayed at!!! Super clean in all areas. Breakfast was excellent. Great room rate as we stayed here three nights. Will stay here again next year when we visit Cortland

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Checkpilot767
Teri T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Dear Checkpilot767,

I am thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful stay at our hotel-the team and I always enjoy our guest's feedback. I am very excited to share you comments with them tomorrow.

I look forward to welcoming you back on your next Cortland visit. Fly Safe!

Niagara, Ontario
Reviewed September 1, 2013

We were here for 1 night in August. The hotel is very clean, the staff friendly, the cookies delicious. The price of the room was average for the quality. The breakfast room was large and the food very adequate. Margie was very helpful and attentive. We would definitely stay here again if we were in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liz42
Teri T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Hello Liz42,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback about your recent stay with us. Margie was thrilled to read her name and you were right on the money with her-she is fantastic!

Time is precious these days and we truly appreciate you taking some of yours to share your stay with us and our future travelers. We look forward to welcoming you back again very soon!

Teri Tarshus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cortland
Best Western Plus Finger Lakes Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Cortland
Hampton Inn Cortland
#2 of 10 in Cortland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ithaca
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca
The Statler Hotel at Cornell University
Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland? Share your experiences!