“Great Room, Bad Breakfast”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Cortland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
“Great Room, Bad Breakfast”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The hotel staff was very friendly and courteous. The room was clean and comfortable. The pool and spa were very well maintained. Breakfast however, was poor. The eggs and ham in the warmer, were not warm and the oatmeal was cold and the consistency of glue. We would stay there again, however, we would opt for breakfast somewhere else.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor and there was little noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Teri T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear Alison,

Thank you so much for your thoughts and insight on your past stay. I appreciate it so veyr much and will work asap with my breakfast team to ensure we are cooking and heating properly as well as maintaining for the best presentation possible.

I am very glad to read you enjoyed yoru stay with the exception of breakfast but I guarantee your next visit will have differenct results.

I look forward to welcoming you back again on your next stay, if I can be of assistance with any future reservations please feel free to contact me directly.

607-753-8300

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for one night while traveling with family and visiting the University. The hotel is clean and the staff are very helpful. The fitness center was not too big but had a few different machines. The complimentary wifi worked exceptionally well throughout the hotel. The complimentary breakfast was good and served fresh & hot and featured a variety of options. My wife and daughter made their own waffles which they loved while I had the oatmeal and some eggs. Once again, the staff were very nice and attentive. Overall, a good hotel at a great price in a small town with limited options.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Robert,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your recent stay with our future guests, I truly appreciate and enjoy reading them. Our team thanks you and we look forward to welcoming you back again on your next SUNY Cortland trip!

Teri
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed in this hotel one week ago with my daughter of 3 1/2 years old and my husband. We loved it. It was clean, people worked there were nice. Good breakfast, I didn't know they also allow you to borrow movies and books with free of charge. My daughter said she wanted to live there, highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Teri T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland, responded to this review, January 27, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to share your recent stay. I am thrilled to hear there were so many surprises waiting for you once you arrived at our hotel. The books you will find at all Country Inn & Suites, so please look for them on future hotel stays, the DVDs are special to our hotel and I am glad the hear you enjoyed.

Country Inn & Suites are very kid friendly, so please as your daughter grows up keep us in mind for all your future hotel needs.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon in Cortland.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 20, 2013

We just stayed at Country Inn and suite. The room was clean and comfortable but what made all the difference was the staff. At the front desk: Monica, Kelly and Nicole were always smiling, keen to help. Margie at the breakfast area, was stopping at every table greeting, complimenting customers, chatting with kids. The pool was nice and warm. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Teri T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Thank you for taking your time to write a reivew about our hotel and than you so much more for mentioning our team members who had such an impact on your stay. They are all gems and I am very honored to have each on my team!

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon at the Country Inn, Cortland.

Harleysville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 5, 2013

This hotel waivers clean, the rooms spacious and well stocked. Comes with a refrigerator and a microwave. A/C worked perfectly. Plenty of hot water and didn't have to run it for awhile to get it to the third floor. Also has a large flat screen TV. Plenty of space in the bathroom. Hotel has a pool and whirlpool. Free Internet.

Breakfast was good and a large selection. Hot foods as well as cold cereals and breads. Also had some fruit and yogurt. Can't go hungry here. The hostess in the breakfast room was better than most waitresses. She was always ready to get something if someone needed it.

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful with directions. This hotel is approximately 6 miles from Greek Peak Ski Resort.

I would definitely stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Teri T, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Hello!

Margie in our breakfast room is one of a kind...she makes breafkast the BEST meal of the day for so many.

Thank you for taking your time to share your recent stay with future guests, your time and attention to details about your stay are very much appreciated.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Osceola, Indiana
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Stayed while visiting the area for a relatives 70th Birthday.
Check in was not an issue, very friendly staff gave us a review of the hotel.

The pool was nice, whirlpool nice, gym was adequate as I needed a run on the treadmill :-) Rooms were clean, Internet service was good.

I have no complaints.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BaseballTravelerNY
Thank you for taking your time to share your stay with our future guests. We appreciate your warm comments.

607-753-8300
Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

Clean with friendly staff that makes you feel at home makes a great place to stay a few days. Close to greek peak ski area and downtown Cortland which has lot of places to eat at a reasonable price. I had such a good time decided to stay an extra day.

• Stayed December 2012
Hello,

Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites, Cortland. We appreciate your time and the review you gave our hotel. We share all feedback with the entire team and I your comments were greatly appreciated. We work very hard as a team to make all stays perfect for each individual guest.

I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Teri Tarshus
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cortland
Best Western Plus Finger Lakes Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Cortland
Hampton Inn Cortland
#2 of 10 in Cortland
Holiday Inn Express Cortland
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ithaca
The Statler Hotel at Cornell University

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland? Share your experiences!