“only place to stay”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland
Ranked #1 of 10 Hotels in Cortland
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 13, 2011

If your going to take your child to school I know this review is a bit late.........My child is up at Cortland and my 1st choice of hotels would be the country inn suites....right behind the school and very clean top shelf hotel....nice breakfast in th emorning included....they give you a cortland parent dicount so ask...Good luck

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
cortmanager, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2011

Dear SUNY Cortland Parent!

Thank you so for taking your time to share your experience with our travlers and to spread the word about our SUNY Parent rates. We look forward every year to meeting our new parents and then welcoming them back time and time again.

Your comments are very much appreciated and shared with our entire staff.

There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland

Reviewed August 13, 2011

The rooms smell and the breakfast was poor. Powdered eggs, sugary fruit, kids yogurt. All a very noisy hotel. The walls must be made of cardboard.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
cortmanager, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I am very sorry we did not meet or exceed your expectations during the stay.
I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further about your stay, please contact me at your convenience and I will make right your past stay.

-----

Reviewed July 25, 2011

This is one of the better properties in the limited pool of accomodations in Cortland. The location is excellent, facilities were clean, and the size of the room for what you pay is A+ albeit the furnishings and bathroom could desperately use an update.

I could have definitely done without the attitude of the front desk and in the breakfast area. Very young staff looked like they were not trained in the area of greeting guests and just basic hospitality 101. I think if management trained their staff better in these areas, I could rate this place 4 or maybe even 4.5 stars.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
cortmanager, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns about our hotel. I am very surprised by your comments concerning the staff in both the front desk and breakfast areas, not our normal feedback. We strive to make sure all guests are 100% certain they will return and most of the time it is our staff as the reason why.
I would love the opportunity to talk with you about your stay specifics and make right your experience. Please feel free to reach out to me at the hotel and share your experience.
I appreciate you taking the time to bring to my attention your stay and I invite you back again to give us another chance to wow you with our hospitality!

607-753-8300

Reviewed July 3, 2011

My family and I stayed at Country Inn for a few days while visiting the Cayuga Lake area. Overall, our experience was great and we would definitely stay at this hotel again. Throughout our stay, the front desk staff was friendly and helpful. On the first night, we ran into an issue with our room and the next morning we were able to switch to a new one without any problems. They even made sure the new room was spotless before we moved into it. The room was spacious and quiet and the beds were comfortable. Breakfast was also an added plus. The location was also nice because we were close enought to Ithaca without having to pay Ithaca prices. The pool was a little small and a bit too warm, but the kids enjoyed it.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Everything was perfect. Clean and very friendly staff. The pool and spa was perfect and breakfast had everything that we needed:-)
We were very satisfired.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
cortmanager, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to share with others your recent stay at our hotel.
Hosting guests is what we do best and it was a pleasure to host your stay.

607-753-8300

Reviewed June 18, 2011

Right away after driving up to the front, my wife and I noticed how clean, bright, and well kept the hotel was, this includes the lobby area and breakfast room. We had good impression of the hotel right from the start. Desk personnel who were on duty the evening of June 11th and all personnel on duty during the morning of the 12th were excellent and made us feel at home, the desk attendant who checked us in was very kind and helpful, even going so far as to find forks for my wife and I in the closed up breakfast room so that we could eat some dinner leftovers we had brought with us. The room was exceptionally clean and well kept. The amenities available such as free coffee, milk and cookies were welcome additions to the positive experience. The bed was very comfortable (down pillows) and breakfast was excellent also. Overall, I would have to say that this experience was one of the best I have had, even better than I've had at some higher priced hotels such as Sheraton or Ramada. Excellent value for the money spent, I will definitely return again to this hotel and highly recommend to all. Thank You!!!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
cortmanager, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2011

Thank you very much for your great review and the details of your stay. We appreciate your business and hope we will be able to host a stay for you again soon.

Thank you again for your review and taking valuable time to let us know about your stay.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Hotel was in a good location. Professional, friendly and helpful staff. Clean and comfortable - two things I am very fussy about. Restaurants a few minutes away by car. Breakfast was adequate. Would recommend to other travelers and stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with other guests and potential guests. It is always our pleasure to host your stay. Please allow us the opportunity again while traveling in the area.

Teri

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cortland
Hampton Inn Cortland
Hampton Inn Cortland
#2 of 10 in Cortland
Best Western Plus Finger Lakes Inn & Suites
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ithaca
The Statler Hotel at Cornell University
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ithaca
Holiday Inn Express Cortland

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland? Share your experiences!