“"We don't make beds" - Front Desk” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Cortland

Hampton Inn Cortland
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Cortland
“"We don't make beds" - Front Desk”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

That was the answer given to us by the front desk clerk when we arrived to the hotel after being away for the whole day. We arrived to the room to find the beds as if someone else had slept in them.

After calling Hampton Inn, we were informed that we should make a request when we arrive in Hampton Inns for our beds to be made properly each day.

So, when you make a reservation, no matter where you are, be sure to ask wether they have a policy of making beds everyday. You could be surprised...

Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Maria Georgina N

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
Syracuse, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

Strong smell of clorine from the pool in the entrance way. Also somewhat in the lobby. Counter clerk, a young woman, called me "Hon." I am 69 years old and not her Hon, Sweetie or anything else other than a customer due a modicum of respect. In case the manager is equally insensitive, I will spell it out: A man should be addressed as "Sir" and a woman as "Ma'am." Examples might be "Thank you, Sir," "Yes Sir," "No Ma'am," and "Thank you Ma'am."

Cary, NC, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013

The staff was friendly but always in a hurry and never at the desk. Beds were comfortable and clean but room could use better cleaning. This is my first time in Cortland. First I look for clean, second is good staff. I will try somewhere else next time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

St. Petersburg, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Very nice staff...extra clean...Good breakfast & convenient location. We would stay there again when visiting the area. The parking was convenient and we found the room to be comfortable, clean and very quiet. There are resturants/bars etc very close by.

Cleveland OHIO, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

Good overall hotel. Clean, Friendly Staff, Breakfast not perfect; however, not much different than other hotels. HBO/ Showtime seemed to be blocked, not working. However, excellent hotel for the area. Strongly recommend it

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Worcester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2013

Immaculate hotel and very good free breakfast. Nice area an hour drive from the beginning of the Finger Lakes. Check out the A&W Drive -In restaurant about 5 minutes from the hotel; it is a real hoot, a blast from the past.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Patrick O, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cortland, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Joe D,

Thank you for your feedback. It makes me so happy to see how much you enjoyed your stay here at our hotel and that you thought the location was great. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast, as well. Thanks again for telling us about your stay!
We hope to see you soon!
Ithaca, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

My room was very satisfying, they told me there was no king beds open a couple days before and when I got there, they put me in a king size bedroom. I was very pleased with that, they kept up on cleaning my room. The staff was very quick on my request and also very friendly, specifically Tess Braun was really great. She brought everything I needed and put in all my request quickly.

Lindsey Y,

Thank you so very much for your feedback. I'm so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay here with us. We pride ourselves on our courteous staff, so I'm very glad they accommated all your needs, as well. Thanks again for your feedback.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cortland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland
BEST WESTERN PLUS Finger Lakes Inn & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Cortland
Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center
Comfort Inn Cortland
Comfort Inn Cortland
#5 of 10 in Cortland
Ramada Cortland Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Hampton Inn Cortland? Share your experiences!