“Not a bad hotel, close to I-81.”

Hampton Inn Cortland
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Cortland
Manhasset, New York
“Not a bad hotel, close to I-81.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is a nice half way point stop for those traveling from the NYC area whose plans take them to Toronto, Ontario
The pros:
1. The hotel is extremely easy access to I-81.
2. Cortland is a decent size small town for upstate NY that has several dining, banking and fuel choices in the area.
3. The staff couldn't have been nicer. They were very interested in satisflying the customer so for that I give them kudos.
4. The morning breakfast was actually actually a tad better than most other Hampton Inn's I've stayed at.

The cons:
1. The only reason I give this hotel the rating I did, is because I really feel that the hotel is in desperate need of a makeover. Though the lobby is in good shap the room and especially the bathroom looked dated and shows many signs of wear.
2. Unlike many other Hampton Inn's I've been to, there was no shop in the hotel lobby where I could buy items such as snacks or candy or pain relievers.

Overall for what this hotel it is used for I was fairly satisfied, though I do feel the price is a bit high considering the surrounding area, but hey to me I always feel you can never go wrong with a Hampton Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Teri T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cortland, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Hello-

Thank you for sharing your experience with your recent stay at our hotel. The location is outstanding and makes the hotel an excellent choice for a traveler utilizing I81 as there means of travel. We are a very easy on and off.

The lobby just finished a complete remodel and early next year we will be starting on our guest rooms-we pride ourselves on keeping the hotel clean and providing outstanding guest service.

Teri Tarshus
Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Korean first
Pontypool, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

stayed here on motorcycle trip,try and find this brand of hotel when traveling, always satisfied with quality comfort and value. Better then average complimentary breakfast. this is a great travel hotel close to highway, lots of parking and staff was excellent. Room amenities are great hopefully they keep up the standard of there hotels and will stay in them for many years to come.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Teri T, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cortland, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Dear Darren,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your stay with our futures travelers. We appreciate your kind words about our hotel and the brand as a whole. Hampton Inns strives very hard to ensure consistency across the chain and our team in Cortland is no different.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Teri Tarshus, CHA
Operation Manager
Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Very nice reception, a great attitude throughout. A tad pricey, maybe? We have already been back. The best part (actually the only good part) of the free breakfast is that it is free. We avoided it on our subsequent stay. McDonald's is nearby. We will return on our next stop in this area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Robert,

Thank you for choosing to stay with our Hampton and it sounds like this was a return visit! I apologize our breakfast didn't fit your needs, I hope on your next stay we can win you over and get you to try our breakfast.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your stay and feedback with our entire team looks forward to your return and the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Teri Tarshus, CHA
Operations Manager
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

We were travelling by motorcycle and were pleased and grateful to be allowed to park the bike under the front canopy as storms were circling throughout the area. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful and the rooms were clean and well equipped.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Meegan B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cortland, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hampton Inn Cortland with myself and my team. I am pleased they were able to accomodate your needs with your motorcycles during the heavy storms in the area. We hope that the next time you are riding through Cortland you decide to stay with us again!
Cortland, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

The Hampton Inn is my first choice hotel and I am on the road half the year. Tonya the front receptionist really goes above and beyond to make you feel at home. Tess and Shane are great at ensuring you have everything you need when you are there. From prior to arriving to days after you leave you remember all the nice things that where done for you especially when you get home and have to pick up your own towels again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Brandon I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Hampton Inn Cortland. We enjoyed getting to know you during those few weeks. I have passed on your comments to the team and especially to Tanya, Tess and Shane. We hope to see you again soon!!
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Excellent choice fo all of my visits with my daughter at Cortland SUNY Always made my visit easy. Book in advance to assure you have a room. Staff are very accomodating. Close to necessary shopping and a day trip to the wineries.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for choosing to stay with the Hampton Inn Cortland during each of your College visits. I am thrilled to know thay my team has been accomodating during your stays and that you continue to enjoy the hotel. We look forward to your next stay!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

The staff was so wonderful and so helpful. They let us know what to do around town, where to get everything we needed. They were so great. The general manager, Meegan, even helped us out. She runs a fantastic hotel. The rooms were amazing, nice TVs, comfortable beds, SUPER clean. Anytime I am traveling through Cortland I will for sure be staying here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much Cody for sharing your comments with myself and my team! It was a pleasure having you stay with us at the Hampton Inn Cortland and we look forward to your next stay!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cortland
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cortland
Hope Lake Lodge & Conference Center
Red Roof Inn Cortland
Red Roof Inn Cortland
#5 of 10 in Cortland

Been to Hampton Inn Cortland? Share your experiences!