“Disappointed”

Hampton Inn Cortland
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Cortland
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We've stayed at this Hampton Inn three times and the last time was a disappointment--cranky staff and wet fresh fruit on the breakfast bar, even the bananas. Need I say more? Thank goodness the rooms were comfortable and very clean!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Meegan B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your concerns regarding your recent stay with us. Please know that I have shared your comments with my staff to better serve our guests. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the cleanliness and comfort of your guest room while you visited. Please let me know if there is anything furthur I can assist you with.

There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Cortland

Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

When staying here i witnessed a large group of students, parents and coaches and I was impressed with the hotels ability to accommodate their special requests. When asked for glasses, they got them, they allowed parents to use their kitchen to plug in crock pots and they provided a conference room for the kids to wax their skis in. Very accommodating

• Stayed: January 2013
Meegan B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Cortland, NY. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and that even during a crazy sports weekend you were able to enjoy yourself and have a comfortable stay. I have passed along your comments to the rest of the team here at the Hampton Inn and I thank you again for taking the time to share them with us! We look forward to your next stay in Cortland!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Meegan was so helpful in helping me to cancel my 2nd room reservation with Expedia. I was passed my cancellation time and was so upset. I had 2 rooms reserved and unfortunately my other son was not able to make the trip.. She calmed me down and assured me everything would be ok. She was right! Thank you Meegan, I appreciate your kindness.

The front desk staff went over and beyond their responsibilities. Jenna and Tessa helped me with so many things from directions to places I needed to go, to listening to me when I needed someone to just listen. Thank you so much for your kindness and your ears.

Kelicia keep the breakfast area stocked,clean and organized. Thank you for getting me my peach yogurt!

I have never been more pleased with all the kindness and warmth that the staff provided to me and my son.

Thank you all for a great weekend!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Meegan B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Thank you for your kind words and praise regarding your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Cortland! I am very pleased that I could help you with your reservations and that Tessa and Kelicia made your stay that much more enjoyable. I hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in Cortland and we hope to see you again soon! Thank you again for taking the time to share your wonderful comments with myself and my team.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is a very nice hotel for the price paid. It is kept clean, up to date & well lit.
It has a nice indoor pool, along with a fitness & Business center.
The best part of this hotel is their customer Service. They always have warm cookies and a little cheese & crackers, or something out...
They provide free coffee/tea 24/7, so if you don't like making it in your room you can go down to the lobby & help yourself. A warm breakfast buffet is also included in the price of your stay. It's not fancy, but it's more than adequate for a quick bite.
Definitely recommend this hotel if you're in the area. :)

Room Tip: All rooms equal. no advantage to them at this location.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Meegan B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for your review of your stay. I am happy to hear your stay was comfortable and enjoyable. We look forward to your next visit so you can enjoy the brand new beds in every guest room and the new Perfect Mix Lobby. Again thank you for your wonderful comments and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed January 19, 2013

The rooms were clean and the staff very helpful, but after settling into room #102 we found that the shower didn't work. The staff was very helpful, but we had to re-pack and move to another room. The disappointing thing was that apparently the non-working shower had been previously reported, but the room was still assigned.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Meegan B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2013

I just wanted to thank you so very much for taking the time to share your concerns. I know that you are very busy but I cannot tell you how incredibly important your feedback is! Please know that I will share your comments with the appropriate members of my staff in order to better avoid a situation like this in the future, and more effectively serve our guests. If I may be of any assistance to you, or if you care to discuss the matter further, please do not hesitate to let me know. I hope the rest of your stay, and time in Cortland, was pleasant. All my best for your future travels we hope to see you again!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

We stayed one night on10/5/2012. When I made the reservation I requested a lower room. The check in time is 2:00PM. We arrived right at 2:00. The girl at the front desk gave us our rooms which were on the third (top floor). when we asked for lower floor she said no kings were ready. When we entered the hotel there was a very strong odor in the lobby and in the elevator and hall way to our room. They were replacing their carpet. My wife has severe allergies. Needless to say the stay was not pleasant. We were not told of the carpet replacement when we made the reservation.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed at the Hampton in Cortland with my husband, and other family members. The hotel was great. We had a wonderful room, flat screen tv, free movies, everything was spotless. The beds were very comfortable. The desk staff was very friendly, and helped us with directions to shopping. The free breakfast was one of the best I ever had at a hotel. Hot scrambled eggs with cheese and ham, potatoes, sausages, and all kinds of pastries, fruit, and juices. Will definitly stay there again when we go back

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family