“Stay here if you find Ithaca pricey!”

Hampton Inn Cortland
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Cortland
Reviewed August 3, 2011

We recently visited Cornell and all the hotels in Ithaca were very pricey. Cortland is about 1/2 hr away and the drive to Ithaca is beautiful. So if you do not mind spending a bit on gas this hotel is for you. It is conviniently located off the highway and is a decent option. The room was very clean and the morning breakfast was fine. The only issue we saw was that the carpet needs cleaning in the common area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jayhir

Reviewed July 27, 2011

Room, hotel staff and breakfast were just great. Also had a room with a view of a farmers field!! Not something that I have seen recently.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 19, 2011

This Hampton Inn was clean and nice, with a very friendly staff. The free breakfast bar was well stocked, there was good coffee in the lobby at all times and cold bottles of water at the front desk for the asking. The fitness room had newer model elliptical trainer, treadmill, recumbent bike and free weights. The pool looked nice, although I did not get a chance to use it. I especially liked that the duvet covers on the bedding were cleaned for each guest. Nice job, Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2011

Right off the highway and in a good location for a weary travelor. Staff was helpful and friendly, the breakfast was good, and the beds were comfy. Rooms were fairly clean, but the bathroom could have used a bit more of a deep clean for my liking.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We stayed at this Hampton Inn for 5 nights in June. Everyone was extremely helpful and nice. When our refrigerator did not work, they were up the next morning and promptly fixed it. They even gave me a milk chocolate hammer. The rooms were clean and well appointed. I would definetly go back to this Hampton Inn.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 18, 2011

When our reservations were made, we were informed of a 15% discount upon checkout, as long as we had our ticket stubs from an area concert. Well...upon check in, we were told we could not get that discount, we booked through hotels.com and now they would not honor it. Then, my husband and I BOTH got room keys to two different rooms, and none of them were the non-smoking, king size with a whirlpool, that I had reserved for $178.00. We went back down to the desk and gave them both sets and they informed us we did not reserve a whirlpool room...until I showed them my receipt. "Oh yes," the girl behind the counter said, "You are in the wrong room." So again, we get another set of keys and go to our room and yes it did have a whirlpool, but it smelled from cigarette smoke. We were then sent to another room that was on the first floor (a room for the handicapped). I was tired from traveling all day, and sick of carrying our luggage from floor to floor, and decided to keep the horrible conditions I was assigned to now. The room smelled terrible, there was a space for a refrigerator, but there was none, the bed was probably 24" off the floor, the shower curtain did not reach the floor and the floor got all wet when you took a shower, and the carpet was dirty. After attending the concert, I needed the whirlpool and decided to get in at 11:30 p.m. Worked OK, but when it came time for the water to drain, it didn't. I got concerned, but did hear trickles of water, so I thought by morning it would be empty...and it was. The breakfast was OK, except for the rubber eggs. I am sorry, I do not usually complain, but staying here was a nightmare for me. I will not get over this anytime soon. I am glad the other couples staying with us were OK with their rooms. Don't ask me to come back, however.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank winechick329
Reviewed May 22, 2011

Just pulled in on the off chance of a night's stay and couldn't be happier. The welcoming is the similar to what we have found at other Hamptons, however they have more to offer, We are used to the cookies and all day coffee and tea, but this went one step further At 5pm, there was cheese, crackers, fruit, dip and vegs - what a lovely selection and a great surprise. The staff were very welcoming and friendly. Hampton Inns always have a very good standard, but this one went a step further. We were planning on driving on, but are so pleased we stopped here. Room is large with comfortable bed, plentiful supplies in bathroom, guest laundry and ice machine as well as a large refrigerator in your room. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple