“Good overnight in an area with somewhat higher rates?”

Holiday Inn Express Cortland
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Cortland
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is a more than adequate over night stop. The rooms, amenities, and breakfast room, were all fine. My only question is as to why rates seem higher in this relatively non tourist area. Apparently it's all about what the market will bear. That being said, if you're staying in the Cortland area, this is a reasonable choice. Definitely family friendly.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Theresa W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

Dear Traveler: We are so happy that you took the time to comment on your recent stay with us. We are happiest when our guests enjoy themselves. Outstanding guest service is our goal! We hope to see you again when you are in Cortland!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I stayed with my family at the holiday inn express over the memorial weekend to attend my sons' graduation from Cornell. Bravo to the staff of this establishment. Spotless, friendly people, excellent breakfast. We purchased the graduation package and received goodies everyday from a welcome bag that included munchies, to a teddy bear that was wearing a Cornell tee shirt and Lindor Chocolates. I spoke to many of my sons' friends and nobody had as good an experience as we did. Kudos Holiday Inn Express. Outstanding job!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I was traveling for business and was there for five days. The rooms were large and, in my opinion, were more like suites. The room was nicely furnished with a pull-out couch with end tables and a coffee table. The room was very clean. The Bath and Body Works shampoo products were a pleasant surprise. The only complaint I have is the emergency exit drawings posted at the elevators were for the wrong floor. When I mentioned this to the front office staff, she mentioned they knew about it and blew it off and said it was a result of the owner trying to be helpful. It is an easy fix and leaves me wondering why they knew about them and still hadn't changed them. It may be picky, but safety is important and it would take 5 minutes to fix. Other than that, this is a very nice hotel.

Room Tip: I would recommend a room in the back of the hotel. The rooms facing the front could be quite noisy...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 31, 2013

We reserved on July 2012 for Cornell Univesity Commencement weekend May 26, 2013 for a special 3 night rate of $259, upon check in we discovered that guests walking in that weekend were getting a rate of $215 for one night. We understand that it is a high demand weekend and that there are rooms unsold, however other establishments, to respect their guests who took the time to reserve ahead , rates for these type of weekends are set and should not be lower than those guests who are booked for longer stays. Upon requesting that they change our rates we were refused. Cortland is 35 minutes away from Ithaca, you are better off staying closer or check out Quality Inn right beside them or a hotel that has a resturant.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Dear frappy661,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments online. We aim to provide the best possible service and experience and it is always great to read from our guests on how we are doing. I am sorry that we were not able to deliver the quality of service you would've expected. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world-class service to our guests. We will use your comments to improve on our efforts.

Again, thanks for the candid review and my apologies for the shortcomings.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times to visit my daughter at college. Each time the stay has been enjoyable. They treat their guests very well, especially if you are a Priority Club member. I would recommend staying here when visiting Cortland.

Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 18, 2013

A nice new hotel. We were planning on staying just the two of us but our son decided to join us. They were very accommodating to bring up a roll away bed. Bed was comfortable. Breakfast was good. Location good.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

What a pleasant surprise??!! I enjoyed a two night stay on business. The room was very clean and modern. The staff was friendly and accomodating. Very reasonably priced. Close proximity to many dining options and shopping.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Theresa W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cortland, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Dear Guest: We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back in the near future!
Best regards!