“Great Property with an amazing staff.”

Holiday Inn Express Cortland
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Cortland
Jacksonville, Florida
“Great Property with an amazing staff.”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

This hotel is hands down a keeper. I setup a block of rooms for family who was coming in from all over the country for thanksgiving and Theresa the GM was awesome with all her efforts in making this a memorable time with our family together. Hands off to Maryellen the night auditor her cheer was a pleasantry to deal with at the middle of the night. Cheers and see you next time we are in town together.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Let me start by saying this was not originally my hotel of choice being that I was in the area for Cornell University parents weekend and would have preferred to stay in Ithaca. With that being said, this hotel was well worth the 25 minute drive. The staff was awesome and very accommodating. There were snacks available in the evening (for free...I love free) and quite the array of items for breakfast.... even a pancake machine (huge plus ). The rooms were extremely clean and I absolutely love the double headed shower. The Holiday Inn Express in Courtland made such a great first impression that this is where I will choose to stay for the next 3 years while my daughter attends Cornell. Keep up the great work as you truly have a beautiful hotel!!!!

• Stayed October 2012
Theresa W, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cortland, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your impressions of our hotel. My staff and I are always very happy when we achieve our goal to make the Holiday Inn Express in Cortland your home away from home. Please come and stay with us again!
Theresa Wilson, GM
West Chester
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My start here was rocky, but overall I really like this hotel. Check-in was very prompt, but I had to sign & initial more than I would to buy a house. Hotel is very new and is one of the nicest HI Express I've ever stayed. Room was very quiet and comfortable. HVAC worked well, even when I switched fan to "on" instead of automatic (on drowns-out noise). Shower was fantastic. TV is a large moden flat screen. There were plenty of electrical outlets all over the room.

Everything in the room worked well. I'll come back my next time through.

Room Tip: Get a room in the back. Interstate 81 is a few blocks away, but the trucks using brake retarders wi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
NJ
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We decided to split up our drive from Philadelphia to Niagara Falls. Cortland was a little more than half way. The check in was fast and courteous and the room was stylish and spotless. The facility is only about a year old.
We went into Cortland to visit the town and have dinner. It is a quaint town with a main street of stores and restaurants. It was slightly more crowded than normal because teh NY Jets were holding their preseason training camp in town.
Free breakfast was part of the reason I chose this hotel for a family of four. The cost of $161 per night seems a little high for a highway hotel, but teh breakfast makes up for it. The menu had scrambled eggs, pancackes, bacon, assorted breads and pastries as well as cereal and yogurt. It was suprisingly good.
I would reccomend this hotel highly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Reviewed August 6, 2012

This is a fairly new (1 year?) property, so it had all of the amenities that you would expect at a HIE, but compliments to the staff: It was exceptionally clean!

The front desk staff was friendly and efficient. The included breakfast was no more nor no less than standard for HIE.

Room Tip: 122 was close to the lobby, but quiet
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I must first say that it's been about 10 yrs since I stayed at a Holiday Inn. It's never been my kind of hotel. Wow! I was surprised how they have changed. The hotel we stayed in was very new and easily comparable to a Hilton Garden or Marriott Courtyard. It was clean, elegantly decorated with great customer service. The rms offer high quality beds & bedding and all the amentities you need - free wifi, alarm clock w/ipod connector, HBO, etc. There is a small pool, but we didn't use it. Free breakfast is included and a variety of options are offered (eggs, bacon, oatmeal,etc) with free snacks avail during the day/eve. We booked 2 double bed rms via priceline, yet were able to upgrade 1 rm to a king on request. The cleaning staff also did a great job on the rooms. The only recommendation I would make is change the brand of coffee.....but I am a bit of a coffee snob. I just didn't like the coffee! Well done Holiday Inn Express @ Cortland.

Room Tip: The hotel rates in the area are high, so try Priceline. Also, double rm we had2double beds, not que...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Long Island, NY
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed here for the weekend to watch the Jets practice at SUNY Cortland 7/27-7/29. 100% satisfied with this hotel. Rooms are clean, staff is friendly, and breakfast is free. Whats not to like? We got a great price on priceline.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple