“Excellent value for price paid”

Holiday Inn Express Cortland
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Cortland
Maryland
“Excellent value for price paid”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2011

Everything was up to my expectations for a clean, quiet, comfortable and accommodating facility. Everything worked, and the breakfast had good quality choices. Was it haute cuisine? No - but I wasn’t expecting or paying for that.

Room Tip: I always ask for the top floor.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank db1812x

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Long Island City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2011

I came up from Long Island to the central NY area with my son to look at some schools he was interested in. As I am a priority club member I like to stay at Holiday Inn Express hotels. I came to cortland from syracuse, and saw this hotel when i came off the highway. As soon as I walked in you can tell it is brand new by the smell. The place looked beautiful both inside and out. The front desk staff was very friendly and in the morning the breakfast staff was extremely nice as well. And after I checked in I recieved a call from front desk asking if there was anything I needed. Wow! Keep up the gerat work!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Michelle R
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2011

I have never written a review about a hotel, good or bad; but I had to write this one. I brought my daughter to the SUNY Cortland open house and, as we came of hte highway, noticed that there was a Holiday Inn Express. Apparently, this is a new property and what a find. A very friendly, outgoing clerk made us feel right at home. The place was great, clean, friendly, and a wonderful breakfast. My daughter loved the pancake machine and the cinnamon buns were to die for.And elegant, very tasteful decor. If my daughter choses to go to Cortland, we will be staying there for the next few years. I will tell all of my friends on Long Island and I mujst say, I highly recommend this place,just wish that I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank Oscar W
toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2011

We were heading to long island and planning to stop in Binghamton, however there were no rooms available. Noticed this hotel and was glad we stopped here. Such a great location, right off the highway. The morning breakfast was a great way to start our drive. Brand new, clean comfortable room.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dorismct
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2011

Great hotel. I was traveling from Canada to New Jersey on business and decided to stop for the night. I normally stay in Binghamton but noticed that the Holiday Inn Express in Cortland was now open. It was a great stay. Wonderful Staff, comfortable rooms, close to the highway but very quite. I will never stay in Binghamton again, this hotel changed it for me! Try it out, you wont be dissappointed. Having traveled all over most of the eastern US I have seen some really nice hotels and some not so nice hotels. This hotel is one that you dont see too often. From front desk to housekeeping the staff is truely incredible. They are down to earth and go above and beyond for their guest.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Jason C
Cold Spring, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

I chose this hotel because it was new and I have stayed in Holiday Inn Express hotels before and have always had a good stay. The hotel was new and was in very good shape. I had prebooked the room prior to visiting one of the local colleges with my son. After a long day visiting one college and trying to recouperate to visit another the next day I decided to go to bed early (9pm). The room they gave me (#215) was right next to the elevator and all I could hear was the elevator tone when it reached the floor and doors slamming all night long. It was advertised that I would have a refridgerator in the room and there was none. The person above me took a shower and I could hear the water running down the drain through my wall. I did not get the rest that I needed. The next morning I went to the desk to file inform them of the problems. When they found out I booked through a 3rd party they said that they could not do anything about it (booked through my credit card). They told me that they would give me a discount on my room the next time that I stayed there (really after a night of no sleep did they really think I would stay there again?). After they told me that they had a full house they asked me if I had told anyone (no it was 10pm and where would have they moved me if I did complain - the place was full). There were no noise reducers on the doors (including mine) which could have stopped all of the slamming. I give truthful reviews and do not use this site as a complaint session (please see by my other reviews). I really would not recommend this hotel if you were looking for a restful night. The hotel is new and clean and the breakfast was good but does that really matter if you do not get the rest you need.

Room Tip: The back of the hotel would be better being it is located next to an interstate but that is not goin...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank CalalilyD
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

We really enjoyed our night at this brand spanking new hotel. I especially appreciated the choice of firm or soft pillows, having slept fitfully for the previous several nights, trying to make my noggin comfortable on the mush-balls at another hotel. The two-person whirlpool tub was FABULOUS after seven hours in a car spent channelling my inner pretzel. Liked the modern decor and room layout, and the bathroom was well-lit and attractive. Very nice windows that actually opened to let in a breeze, should you so desire.

Very clean, nice lobby, no complaints. Didn't get a chance to check out the pool, but I was happy with that HONKING BIG BATHTUB. Very conveniently located near the interstate, but with good soundproofing. A no-smoking hotel, big YAY.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends