“A Gem that has with stood time...”

Parkside Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 132 Restaurants in Corona
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Bar scene, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed August 28, 2018 via mobile

I’ll have to date myself.. to emphasize the fact that this Italian gem has been here for years.. It has withstood the changes in its surrounding area..which can be quite congested , depending on time of day..
They do offer valet parking, which here is a plus plus..
it is ample inside.. you can have a dinner for two or dinner for many..
service is consistent, friendly.. all moderately priced...the food is flavorful.. From meats to fish, all sorts of pasta dishes, wines, specialty drinks( btw not water down!).. well worth the trip!
If you don’t have dessert here, walk up block to the” Italian ice king”.. the original .
Stood many a summer night as a youngster waiting to order one of the many yummy ices they offer..
Thank you all for making sis n laws birthday lunch special!!!

Reviewed August 24, 2018 via mobile

Among the top Italian restaurants in Queens. Professional waiters and fabulous food. My wife and I shared the langoustines, 4 huge pieces each. Comes with salad or pasta. Fish that the other couple had was great also. Another table had the veal chop that seemed juicy and ample.
Not that easy to find but worth walking across the street to the “park” to see the old Italian men playing bocce. DO IT! It’s a New York experience.

Reviewed August 19, 2018 via mobile

The food and service as always is perfect. We were celebrating a birthday and brought our own balloons. One flew up to the ceiling in the room with the fans. Holy disgusting. Dust and cob webs that haven’t been cleaned in a very very long time. Don’t take your success for granted. Window sills light fixtures fans all layered in dust and dirt.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

I’ve been going to the Parkside for many years and the food is outstanding. Never a complaint about the food. The only problem is that’s it’s so popular, getting a reservation can be hard especially on the weekends. I have had a reservation for 6:00 and have not been seated until 7, but I really don’t mind the wait because I know that I will have an exceptional meal. The meal I order, isn’t even on the menu for the past 5 years and they still make it when I order it. Staff can be overwhelmed at times, but it’s well worth it!

Reviewed August 9, 2018

Not as great as last time. I traveled 55 miles from my home to go to Parkside and I do it because it is fantastic. The food is great and the service phenomenal. Well usually phenomenal. This time the food was still great but the service was average. I was thinking 4 stars but I would need the service to be better to earn the 4 stars. Now my wife and I talked about how the service was not like the usaual and we think it is becasue this time, unlike the other times, we were seated on the second floor. I think they put the second string crew there including the Maitre d'. I got the feeling the Maitre d' was related to some of that staff because a few time the hostess, who I think is the owners daughter, brought more people upstairs and always had a few words with the Maitre d' like they were brother and sister or husband and wife.

Anyway back to the service. We had one waiter take our drink order, appetizer and main course. Which was OK but then the Maitre d came over to take our drink order and we said we already gave it and he did not look happy as if we waisted his time. The first waiter then served us our drinks and the appetizers with the help of the busboy. After he helped the bus boy bring out appetizers we see him helping new poeple seated at other tables and ignoring us, Then a younger waiter took over and since he came in the middle he looked a little befuddled with where he was to pick up. so he helped the bus boy serve dinner and took our dessert.

Now all the previous time we went to Parkside, when you ordered espresso, even before you ordered, the waiters brought out the biscotti and put a bottle of Sambuca and Anisette on the table. A very nice and classy touch. This time I received my double espresso and had to ask for the Sambuca which took him a few minutes few minutes. It was 5 feet away. I could have grabbed it myself.

Now for the good stuff. The food is great. they start you off with a bread dish which is enormous and very good. The bar drinks are good (when brought at once). My daughter loves their Margarita's and she thinks is the best she tasted on the island and still is. For appetizers we had the fried zucchini, Baked Clams and Hot Antipasto. All were exceptional. For dinners we had the Chicken Alfredo, Ravioli, Chicken Pollard, Seafood Combo and Veal Chop Milanese. All were great. And finishing with the courtesy Biscotti and double espresso (which was perfect) and we had the american cheesecake and two tortufos. All were great.

We will probably go back again one more time but we will probably say we have a problem with the stairs so we stay on the first floor and get the first string waiter