SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Corona
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I have stayed in dozens of hotels around New York City over the past 40 years and have never been so impressed (especially with an airport hotel) in the New York area. Arriving at Laguardia at 1:30 AM after several several delays, I was not in a mood for a dingy airport hotel with a night clerk with a big city attitude. Was I shocked with how bright and welcoming this Springhill is! The night clerk was welcoming, friendly, and professional. The hotel entrance is a little off street level which lends itself to a security that is appreciated in NYC, especially with the the security staff on hand. The suites are large and inviting. The hotel still appears new. The beds are comfortable and the bathroom clean and fresh using very current fixtures and materials. Breakfast is provided and was well-stocked and fresh. I have already booked a return visit for my next trip to New York. Also impressive was an email from the assistant general manager thanking me for staying almost immediately after checking out. The only downside is the limited access to public transportation to get to Manhattan if you were planning to use this hotel as a base of operations to visit the sights of the city. I imagine that their shuttle buses could get you to an MTA station if you asked.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Sean M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Dear Nrstycz,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am sorry for the delays you experienced during your trip to our hotel. As a frequent traveler myself I know firsthand the frustrations associated with the airlines and the delays that can happen. However, I am happy to hear that our team was there to make your trip less stressful and more relaxing. Our breakfast team takes great pride in providing a plentiful and nutritional breakfast for all of our guests so I will be sure to share your kind feedback. Again, thank for the review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to NYC.

Sean Meade

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We had an overnight layover in NYC recently, and due to an early flight out the next day we stayed at the SpringHill Suites New York LaGuardia. We were very impressed with this hotel. We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite which was very modern, clean, and nice. To get into Manhattan we had a short 10 minute walk to the subway, and then you could take the #7 directly to Times Square. The hotel does offer a free shuttle to the subway station, but that didn't work for us since the shuttle was busy making LaGuardia runs. We did use the free shuttle to get to the airport the next morning. The driver was prompt and pleasant and dropped us right off at our airline within minutes of the hotel . I loved that they had coffee available early, early in the morning with lots of creamer options. It was a great place to stay if you are traveling from LaGuardia.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear BoJuli,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad you enjoyed your time at our hotel and were able to take advantage of the complimentary shuttle service. You are correct in that for anyone looking to get into the city we are a short walk away from the 7 subway line which can have you in Manhattan in about 30 minutes. Again, thank you for the review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to NYC.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We stayed here for one night when we went to a Mets game. Check in was easy, staff was very nice. We walked to the stadium. The area is fine in the day and it was nice to walk in a different part of the city. Since it was a night game we did take a cab back. Cost about $8. The area is a mixed use area. It is very ethnic with some great looking restaurants making food from all over the world. If we'd had more time I would've love to have checked a couple of them out.
The hotel is clean and neat. Our room was a suite and it was perfect for the three of us. If you are going to a Mets game, you will be fine at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Wheels2222
Sean M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2014

Dear Wheels2222,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent stay. I am glad the hotel worked out for you and your guest who attended the Mets game. We are only a short 15 minute walk to the stadium which does make us an excellent choice for anyone looking to attend a Mets game at Citi Field. We are currently working on a schedule that would allow us to drop off and pick up guest from all home Mets games. Again, thank you for the review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

We had a great stay here. Our flight was delayed and the airport shuttle only runs until midnight, but we gave them a call and they still came to get us. The airport is only about 10 minutes in the shuttle from terminal to the front door. Super convenient! The staff was also incredibly friendly and even offered us late check-out when we asked about returning shuttles. Complimentary breakfast was solid with actually decent eggs, sausage, french toast and the usual cold to-go items like bagels and muffins. Modern decor which I really liked and cute and comfortable lobby. The room was really nice as well and had 3 TVs!! I was, however, totally baffled by the lights. We couldn't get any in the bedroom to turn on except the little nightlights on a moveable arm, but it didn't really matter since we passed out straight away anyway. Rooms were super clean and I slept like a rock on the bed. We had a really great stay...

But I can't really recommend it if you are here on vacation and plan on venturing into the city. This hotel is great for layovers at LaGuardia or have your own/private transportation. If you are here to spend time in the city and wanted to use public transportation, I really don't recommend it based solely on the area. We stayed here and had no problems at all with the hotel shuttle.. but the area around this hotel is not a good area. We walked to the 111th station for the subway and even at 6am, the area was weird and I felt a bit uncomfortable walking past the homes and cars that are en route. On our way home, we found out that the 111th station was closed that day for maintenance. We got off early Junction Blvd which is only a mile walk to hotel, but were really uncomfortable in the areas we were walking in and there were no taxis. If you are coming to NYC for a visit, I would not recommend using public transportation for going to/from the hotel. Afterwards we did a little research about the area (because I was really curious if I was being paranoid) and it really just isn't a great place to be walking around in. Here is a link to the Queens safety map.. the hotel is in a yellow, but the surrounding area by the subway is orange. https://www.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&gl=us&ie=UTF8&oe=UTF8&msa=0&msid=214504384267441423605.0004ba59fe4d28b309238

So again, I really enjoyed the actual hotel, but in the future, I will be staying in a different area of the city.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelcal033
Sean M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear Travelcal033,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent stay at the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our convenient complementary shuttle service and breakfast. The shuttle service is an excellent benefit to staying with us as it provides shuttle service starting at 4am through 12am to LGA airport and the 111 subway stop. Our breakfast team works very hard to ensure each of our guests starts their day off with a nutritional meal and we always enjoy hearing from a satisfied guest.

We are in NYC and for the guest who is looking for a more economical and spacious hotel room we are a great choice. Our hotel is a 12 minute walk from the subway station which can have you in Manhattan in about 35 minutes. Our neighborhood is a safe place to walk around but it is populated by the working class of NY. The neighborhood is family oriented but due to the low income most families cannot afford the cost of keeping their home and yard well-manicured. I walk daily to and from the subway at all hours of the day and have never once been bothered in any fashion. Thank you for providing the map but like it indicates we are on the very edge of the “yellow area” and the map is only indicating areas considered unsafe during night hours. The map is an unofficial map and provides no details or factual objective points to why our neighborhood would be considered unsafe.

I am sorry about the lack of taxis in our neighborhood. Being that we are a borough of NYC no yellow cabs are permitted to work in our borough according to city law. However, I am happy to report that the city has just introduced the green cabs which are permitted to work in our borough. The number of green cabs was just increased so going forward the cab situation should be improving over the next six months. Again, thank you for the review.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I am a frequent guest at The SpringHill Suites Marriott LaGuardia and the service just keeps getting better. Sandra & Natasha went above and beyond the call of duty to make my stay amazing. Thanks to all and I will be back.
Mark Fiebig
Darien, IL

Dear Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent stay. Our team works very hard to ensure each of our guests are taken care of. I will be sure to share your kind words with Natasha and Sandra. Again, thank for the review. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to NYC.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

I travel for work on a regular basis and I have never stayed at a hotel that featured such friendly and helpful staff. They are truly interested in making sure your stay is as good as it can be. They went above and beyond for me on several occasions, even waiting outside Citi Field for 15 minutes with the shuttle as I finished up some work to give me a late-night lift back. On the (very early) morning of my departure, one of the front-desk employees who'd set up a wakeup call for me some hours earlier called my room personally a few minutes before I had set up my shuttle ride to the airport to make sure I hadn't overslept. Really, who does that? People who are committed to doing a great job.

The hotel itself is very solid. New, modern, clean. The rooms have a cool design (I had a normal king). The bathrooms are gigantic. The workout room has three good treadmills and some dumbbells so you can do the basics. The breakfast is great also – lots of options to fill you up each morning.

The only drawback is the area. For those staying for one night before a flight, no big deal. But if you're staying multiple days, there isn't a lot to do in the surrounding neighborhoods. You can order in food, which I did, and that worked just fine. And the shuttle drivers are so friendly and accommodating, they will take you where you need to go if they're able. Just ask – and give them a good tip. They deserve it!

All in all, don't hesitate in booking a room here. You won't be disappointed. I will definitely be staying again when I return to the area.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the airport/Flushing Bay. Much quieter than facing Northern Blvd.
1  Thank TR R

Dear TR R,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed our hotel and the staff that works here. Our team works hard to ensure each of our guest are taken care of and we always enjoy hearing from a satisfied guest. You are correct in that a guest who is staying multiple nights will have a challenge finding things to do in the surrounding area. However, I am happy to report that our complimentary shuttle service does drop off and pick up at the 111 subway stop which can have you in Manhattan in about 40 minutes. Again thank you for the review and thank you for making our hotel your home away from home.

Reviewed June 12, 2014

This hotel has a magnificent staff. All staff from the manager to the front desk staff to the valets and houskeeping and kitchen staff do their best to accomodate your every need. Will stay here again

Dear James K,

Thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback on your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Our team works hard to ensure each of our guest are taken care of and we always enjoy hearing from a satisfied guest. Thanks for choosing our property as your home away from home.

Sean Meade

Also consider these accommodations in or near Corona
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
Hyatt Place Flushing/LaGuardia Airport
Fairfield Inn New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing
Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport
Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!