“Clean, Friendly, and Convenient”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Corona
Worcester, Massachusetts
“Clean, Friendly, and Convenient”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We were visiting our granddaughter who now lives in LI City in Queens. This hotel was convenient to her and is a Category 4 Marriott so reasonable as well. The suites are very comfortable and clean. Valet and front desk staff always courteous and friendly. We stayed two nights and the bed was comfortable and the room temperature controls worked very well, my wife and I like a cool room, even in winter. There was a complimentary breakfast buffet. It included juice, yogurt, hot and cold beverages, make your own waffles, hot and cold cereals, scrambled eggs and egg whites, bacon, sausage, turkey ham and sausage, tater tots (not so great), bagels, muffins, and breads to toast. A great breakfast included in room cost, great for families. Plenty of breakfast seating. Will; stay here again when we visit. Convenient to LGA and Manhattan (Queensboro bridge).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sean M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Dear Richard,

Thank you for taking the time to write an excellent review of our property. You are correct; we are conveniently located to long island city for anyone who is searching for convenient accommodations. I am glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast. Our team works hard to ensure we are providing a nutritional start for our guest. However, I am sorry about the tator tots. We do not have an oven to cook with which makes it challenging to get the tator tots crispy but thank you for the feedback. I will bring it to the attention of our lead breakfast attendant. Again, thank for the review and the feedback.

Sean Meade

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Hotel is about a mile from LGA and offers a free shuttle. Not only do they offer airport shuttles, they can take you the half mile to the #7 subway stop in Corona and other locations in the area. The room we had had 2 bedrooms and kitchenette and had views of Manhattan on one side and the Bay/river on the other side. Room was huge with 3 TV's and sofa bed. Hotel is new, had superfast elevators, and a large workout room, no pool though. This was the best room and breakfast I have ever had at any Springhill Suites and I have been to many in the US. The breakfast was great, had multiple hot meats, cold meats and cheeses, tons of pastries, bagels, hot oatmeal, waffle, French toast sticks, eggs, egg whites, scrambled, even omelets one day. Breakfast was consistently good and had great service keeping it clean. I always enjoy the complimentary tea and coffee and hot chocolate open all day unlike other Marriott chains. All the guests were nice and friendly and the room was very quiet!

Daisy, the front desk clerk was friendly and assisted in scheduling the van driver who will take you anywhere in the area. The few bad things are that there really is nothing close by to walk to eat out in the winter. Also, the hotel has no restaurant for dinner or lunch. We did walk to Corona and went to the Satchmo museum, about 6 blocks from the hotel and then ate at a local Dominican restaurant...very good! The neighborhood is a bit dodgy at night, but was fine in the day time. The hotel has deliveries of food and a small bar. But with the kitchenette, you can store food and make food. Nice! Very close to CitiField and Billie Jean King USTA tennis center as well and the park.

I even rented a car for a day and drove to see a hockey game, and went to a Broadway play. Plenty of free street parking is available in the area or pay to park in the attached hotel's parking garage. Hotel has a coin laundry and tons of free papers every day.

One of the best Spring hills I have stayed and very good staff! I will tell others and be back soon!
Great Job!

Room Tip: Get an upgrade room, huge size is great for families.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Sean M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, January 27, 2014
Dear Emsiess,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our property. I am glad you enjoyed our spacious suites as they are very comfortable and very spacious in comparison to rooms in Manhattan. Our breakfast team works very hard to ensure they deliver an exceptional breakfast to our guest and we always enjoy hearing from a satisfied customer. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Daisy and the rest of the team. Again, thank you for taking the time to write a great review. I hope you will choose us again on your next visit to NYC.

Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

After the storm that hit NYC, my employer got me a suite to this new hotel. Check in was fast and staffing were friendly. Suites are in excellent conditions, mine had two TV's. Next morning they offered a full breakfast Buffett. Hotel is located near the Lga airport, free shuttle to and from the airport.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Rudy1717,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our property. I am glad you enjoyed our spacious suites as they are very comfortable and very spacious in comparison to rooms in Manhattan. I am also glad you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and shuttle. Again, thank you for the review. I hope you will choose us again on your next visit to NYC.

Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed January 20, 2014

stayed at this location this past weekend and I must say that I was completely impressed and satisfied. They had a free breakfast ,but we we're unable to use . everyone was friendly and caring .Close to LaGuardia airport and we will stay here again in the near future..The hotel is fairly new and reasonable..

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank juan t
Sean M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Juan T,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our property. Our staff works very hard to ensure each of our guests is taken care of and we always enjoy hearing from a satisfied one. I am sorry you were not able to try our amazing breakfast. The team works hard to prepare a healthy and nutritional meal and if you can make it back I strongly recommend you try it out. Again, thank you for the review.

Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed January 18, 2014

My evening Delta flight got canceled, and this is the hotel Delta arranged for me.

It's a great hotel to stay in. The room was huge and very clean. The bed was superb, I really had a great night sleep.

I stayed the night before at another hotel near LaGuardia, but if I'll have to book a hotel again in the area, I'll first check SpringHill Suites!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Steven V,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I know being stranded at an airport with a cancelled flight can make for an awful travel experience. However, I am glad we could be there for you to make the experience more enjoyable. Again, thank you for the review. I hope you will stay with us on your next visit to NYC.

Best,

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I loved loved loved this hotel, from the moment I walked in, actually starting from the shuttle drivers. Everyone was extremely nice and very informative. Every question I asked I received a good answer. I ended up staying there because my flight was canceled and Delta gave us a room. And I really want to thank Sharron at the front desk because I really feel like she went above and beyond to accommodate me with anything I needed. My children wanted to thank her printing out things for them to color and I wanted to thank her taking the time out to help me with the wifi and also helping me with the sofa bed. I've never stayed at a hotel that gave this kind of service and because of that I will definitely come back to NY and stay there. Even upon check out the ladies at the front desk were so nice. I'm not sure if all guest are treated this way but, this definitely made a great impression on my husband and I. Also the breakfast was amazing! Thank you! & See you soon!

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Brown2014
Sean M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Brown2014,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our property. We work very hard to ensure our guests are taken care of and we always enjoy hearing from guest who have experienced what we have to offer. I will be sure to share your comments with Sharon and the rest of the team. Every guest does receive the same level of customer service and I hope this review encourages more people to give us a try. Again, thank you for the great review. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit to NYC.

Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Our flights were cancelled and we have 5 small daughters under 11 yrs old. We had already been in NYC for our vacation with the kids for 5 days when we learned we were stranded at the airport for another 2 1/2 days before they could fly us out. Delta put us up at this hotel and I must say on the way over in the shuttle I was NOT HAPPY!!! We just came from a luxury hotel in NYC and I wanted to be home in my own bed in Florida. Even as we walked in I was miserable at the thought of having to stay somewhere for 3 more days. We were tired, had no clean clothes and just wanted to be home. My spirits were lifted as soon as we checked in, the staff was so lovely and thoughtful. They put us in the 2 bedroom suite to meet our needs with 7 people. We were able to ask the ladies questions about the hotel and where we could get food and they were very pleasant! Up to the rooms we went and they were so clean and so nice!! I was happy!!! We quickly realized we needed food, clean laundry and coffee asap!! A quick call down to the desk and they were able to help us with all of the above! They helped us with food delivery, more clean towels, brought more coffee to the room, tooth brushes, and laundry soap for the washers. We did 2 loads of laundry the first night and we had everything we needed!! They had a wonderful free breakfast in the mornings which was great! They helped us to organize a trip to the Science Hall the next day so the kids could get out of the hotel for the day, it was a few minutes away and the shuttle drivers drove us and picked us up because it was so cold out. We cannot thank the staff enough for helping us make the best of those few days. We were so thankful!! Thank you so much!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sean M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear Vkromer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our property. I am very sorry that you had to be put up for two days after your vacation. I completely understand the frustration and the desire to sleep in your own bed. However, I am very glad that we could be there to save the day for you and your family. Our team works very hard to ensure each our guest expectations have been exceeded and we always enjoy hearing from a satisfied guest. Again, thank you for the review. I hope you will consider staying with us again on your next visit to NYC.

Sean Meade
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corona
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport
The Parc Hotel
The Parc Hotel
#5 of 18 in Flushing

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!