“Comfortable, clean, pleasant staff”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Corona
Rockport, ME
“Comfortable, clean, pleasant staff”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed here for a quick trip in and out of NYC because it was near the airport, and less $$ than in town options. Had a King room with a sofa bed which worked well for 3 of us. Desk space for working was excellent, and internet was easy to access, free, and reasonably fast. Breakfast buffet was good - not gourmet - but plenty of choices to start the day. Only downside is no nearby restaurants, and the neighborhood was not the greatest. Subway is about 7 blocks away, about a 10 minute walk. I would not choose to do that walk at night, though. Shuttle to and from the airport is a big plus, and they will take you to the subway as well, but you have to call them and wait for them to arrive(see comment above about nighttime hours). Staff was very friendly and attentive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Sean M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad you enjoyed our complementary amenities! Our WI-FI is three times the standard bandwidth which provides excellent connectivity and we just added some new items to our breakfast to make it even better. Thank you for choosing our hotel. I hope you will stay with us on your next trip to NYC.

Sean Meade

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Korean first
Reviewed May 11, 2013

I stayed in the one bedroom king executive suite with several members of my family while we were in town for a funeral in Brooklyn. Overall, this is a great hotel, but there were a few logistical breakdowns at an otherwise highly service-oriented hotel.

Pros: Airport shuttle is fast, free, and the drivers were helpful at giving details as to where exactly we would be picked up; hotel is in a "tough" looking neighborhood, but the front desk provides tons of menus for a variety of restaurants in the area that will deliver; the staff are extremely friendly and strive to be helpful; the rooms were extremely clean. Continental breakfast offers choices and is free. There is a convenience store on the corner across the street along with a sundry shop inside the hotel. Wifi was free and easy to connect to.

Cons: I am a Marriott rewards member and noted specific requests like crib and extra towels when I booked through Marriott.com, but these did not happen upon check-in. I alerted the front desk who assured me it would happen, but it still took about an hour (and two visits from housekeeping because I only speak English and German) to get this settled. When I arrived for the hot breakfast, in the morning, I could not find a high chair. I asked a staff member and they were searching all over. They told me they had one and it would be right out, but apparently some kind of meeting occurred the night before and the highchair(s) had been misplaced. I understand these things happen, but it was extremely inconvenient to wait 15 minutes and then have to try to feed my toddler on my lap while wearing clothes to go to a funeral in. All 3 of the breakfast staff members apologized to me for the mix-up. My family and I left our room at 8:30 AM and returned at 3:30 PM....and housekeeping had not made up the room. I called the front desk and I was told I should have called housekeeping (what?) and then was asked if I had put the "do not disturb" sign on my door - of course I had not!! After 30 minutes I called back because no one had arrived, and finally someone came up within an hour to at least provide clean towels and remove our delivered food waste. Although staff members seem customer-oriented, basic logistics like cleaning rooms during normal daytime hours and quickly accommodating guest requests need improvement.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during our breakfast and with our housekeeping services. I know attending a funeral is a stressful and unpleasant time and I am very sorry that our hotel inconvenienced you further. Our high chairs are now stored in our kitchen so they are always readily available and your concerns with housekeeping were addressed with the housekeeping supervisor to prevent this from happening in the future. Again, I am very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay with us. I hope you will consider giving us another chance on your next visit to NYC.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed May 5, 2013

A new and well supported Hotel to the franchise. Exceptional service, Stephanie and Peter at the front desk made the welcome a real treat.
The room was clean and services above average,and all the staff were very nice and welcoming.
Have no problem recommending the Hotel and will visit again myself.
if you can Citi park baseball is a pleasant walk and very good entertainment, even for the non baseball fan.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our hotel. We pride ourselves on great service and we always enjoy hearing from a guest who has experienced the best of what we have to offer. Peter and Stephanie are great, I will be sure to share your review with them. Thank you for the recommendation. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to NYC.

Texas
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We had an early (6AM) flight out of LaGuardia so decided to stay here close to the airport (5 to 7 min depending on the traffic lights). The hotel is brand new so everything is clean and in great shape. The front desk staff and the shuttle staff could not have been any more courteous, informative and helpful in every aspect. The bed was very comfortable but it is very noisy in this hotel (lots of street noise, horns honking, music from cars) so either you must be able to sleep thru that or bring your ear plugs. The layout of the executive suites is very strange -- bathroom on one side of the room, large meeting area in the middle, bedroom on the opposite side of the room. Great if you are using the room for a meeting. Weird if you are sleeping there and have to get up during the night and find the bathroom. Reviews noting the the entrance is strange are correct, we were in the shuttle so obviously the driver knew how to enter/exit but if you are in a cab, have them drive down the ramp to the front entry, it is not well marked. Good breakfast, fast wi-fi, would stay here again after a late flight or if we have another early flight, mostly because of the staff.

Room Tip: Not sure where it would be quieter -- but be sure to ask what has the least street noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad you enjoyed our complementary amenities! Our WI-FI is three times the standard bandwidth which provides excellent connectivity and we just added some new items to our breakfast to make it even better. Thank you for your feedback regarding the entrance and exit of the hotel. We have added signage to help with this problem. Again, thank you for the feedback. I hope you will stay with us on your next flight out of LaGuardia Airport.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night on Sat. Apr. 27, 2013.
Nice and clean airport suite 7 hotel by Marriott. Hotel entrance was somewhat difficult to find at first because it doesn't show the "Entrance" sign, but says "Parking" only.
Awkward hotel entrance, half way under ground.
Parking is valet parking only. $22 per day.
Got two disturbing phone calls from the front desk.
First one was around 11:30pm, asking if we requested some fix at bathroom...?? what the.. said "NO"... tried to sleep... then
GOT an another phonecall from the front desk at 2:30AM (Not kidding!!) asking if we had phoned to front desk ??? Said "NO" while sleeping!!!
After all, didn't bother when checking out...as it is kind of cheap airport hotel, though.

Don't want to stay at this hotel again.

1 Thank oh4300
Sean M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am very sorry for the late night phone calls. I know be woken in the middle of the night is very aggravating and makes for a bad night’s sleep. You should not have received these phone calls and I have addressed these issues with our front desk team. Thank you for the feedback and again, I am very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced. I hope you will consider staying with us on your next visit to NYC.

Morgantown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel was clean, beautiful, easy to get to and extremely pleasant. We booked a one bedroom suite for our stay. It was awesome; Stove, sink, mini fridge, and microwave. There were two full bathrooms and three TV! More than we needed but wonderful. We had a romance package waiting for us; delicious chocolate covered strawberries and sparking wine. Peter and Stephanie were especially helpful and help us get around for our stay and let us know there was a shuttle to and from the & subway. The shuttle was quick and easy and the 3 different drivers we had were all awesome. The breakfast in the morning was great; waffles, oatmeal, eggs, cereal. It was very nice. My only complaint was that were were on the 7th floor and backed up against the elevators. When it was in use there was a sound like someone was playing their bass really high on their stereo, however, it did not disturb our sleep and once we figured out what it was, it faded into the background and did not bother us.

Room Tip: Rooms that back up to the elevators have some noise when the elevator is in use.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skle1978
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We pride ourselves on great service and we always enjoy hearing from a guest who has experienced the best of what we have to offer. Our romance package is excellent and I am glad you took full advantage of it. Peter and Stephanie are great front desk associates, I’m glad they took care of you. I will be sure to share your review with them. Again, thank you for the great review. I hope you will choose us on your next trip to NYC.

Lowell, Michigan
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Wow what can I say. I was booking this hotel for a business meeting group of 20 to 24 folks. They are use to staying in a full service hotel in many of the larger cities. I must say this was the best experience I have had in ages.
I can honestly say that every single staff member at this hotel I came in contact with went above and beyond. I have not had customer service like this ever!
The hotel is beautiful, clean and the rooms are large with comfortable beds. The breakfast is one of the best. The noise in some of the lower floor rooms is from the street and very common in NY. But most of the folks I worked with said they did not hear much and slept well.
Allison Mitchell from Sales made my job so easy. She handled our transportation needs, great ideas for dinners and catering, as well as a quick sneak away to do some shopping. The meeting room was set up as expected and all my needs were met.
Great Location to Citi Field, and the free shuttle service to nearby locations and the airport was an added benifit. The bar and bartender were pleasent and the fully stocked snack/toiletry in the lobby was nice.
Kudos to the staff and General Manager for our great experience. We will be back!

Room Tip: HIgher floors for less road noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We pride ourselves on great service and we always enjoy hearing from a guest who has experienced the best of what we have to offer. We are an excellent choice for guests who are travelling on business. Our free Wi-Fi has three times the standard bandwidth which provides excellent connectivity. We just added some new items to our breakfast to make it even better. Thanks again for choosing our hotel, we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to NYC.

Sean Meade
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corona
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
Courtyard New York LaGuardia Airport
The Parc Hotel
The Parc Hotel
#5 of 18 in Flushing

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!