“Springhill Suites La guardia”

SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Corona
Melbourne, Australia
“Springhill Suites La guardia”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

A new and well supported Hotel to the franchise. Exceptional service, Stephanie and Peter at the front desk made the welcome a real treat.
The room was clean and services above average,and all the staff were very nice and welcoming.
Have no problem recommending the Hotel and will visit again myself.
if you can Citi park baseball is a pleasant walk and very good entertainment, even for the non baseball fan.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sean M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our hotel. We pride ourselves on great service and we always enjoy hearing from a guest who has experienced the best of what we have to offer. Peter and Stephanie are great, I will be sure to share your review with them. Thank you for the recommendation. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to NYC.

Sean Meade

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Korean first
Texas
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We had an early (6AM) flight out of LaGuardia so decided to stay here close to the airport (5 to 7 min depending on the traffic lights). The hotel is brand new so everything is clean and in great shape. The front desk staff and the shuttle staff could not have been any more courteous, informative and helpful in every aspect. The bed was very comfortable but it is very noisy in this hotel (lots of street noise, horns honking, music from cars) so either you must be able to sleep thru that or bring your ear plugs. The layout of the executive suites is very strange -- bathroom on one side of the room, large meeting area in the middle, bedroom on the opposite side of the room. Great if you are using the room for a meeting. Weird if you are sleeping there and have to get up during the night and find the bathroom. Reviews noting the the entrance is strange are correct, we were in the shuttle so obviously the driver knew how to enter/exit but if you are in a cab, have them drive down the ramp to the front entry, it is not well marked. Good breakfast, fast wi-fi, would stay here again after a late flight or if we have another early flight, mostly because of the staff.

Room Tip: Not sure where it would be quieter -- but be sure to ask what has the least street noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am glad you enjoyed our complementary amenities! Our WI-FI is three times the standard bandwidth which provides excellent connectivity and we just added some new items to our breakfast to make it even better. Thank you for your feedback regarding the entrance and exit of the hotel. We have added signage to help with this problem. Again, thank you for the feedback. I hope you will stay with us on your next flight out of LaGuardia Airport.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night on Sat. Apr. 27, 2013.
Nice and clean airport suite 7 hotel by Marriott. Hotel entrance was somewhat difficult to find at first because it doesn't show the "Entrance" sign, but says "Parking" only.
Awkward hotel entrance, half way under ground.
Parking is valet parking only. $22 per day.
Got two disturbing phone calls from the front desk.
First one was around 11:30pm, asking if we requested some fix at bathroom...?? what the.. said "NO"... tried to sleep... then
GOT an another phonecall from the front desk at 2:30AM (Not kidding!!) asking if we had phoned to front desk ??? Said "NO" while sleeping!!!
After all, didn't bother when checking out...as it is kind of cheap airport hotel, though.

Don't want to stay at this hotel again.

1 Thank oh4300
Sean M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am very sorry for the late night phone calls. I know be woken in the middle of the night is very aggravating and makes for a bad night’s sleep. You should not have received these phone calls and I have addressed these issues with our front desk team. Thank you for the feedback and again, I am very sorry for the inconveniences you experienced. I hope you will consider staying with us on your next visit to NYC.

Morgantown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The hotel was clean, beautiful, easy to get to and extremely pleasant. We booked a one bedroom suite for our stay. It was awesome; Stove, sink, mini fridge, and microwave. There were two full bathrooms and three TV! More than we needed but wonderful. We had a romance package waiting for us; delicious chocolate covered strawberries and sparking wine. Peter and Stephanie were especially helpful and help us get around for our stay and let us know there was a shuttle to and from the & subway. The shuttle was quick and easy and the 3 different drivers we had were all awesome. The breakfast in the morning was great; waffles, oatmeal, eggs, cereal. It was very nice. My only complaint was that were were on the 7th floor and backed up against the elevators. When it was in use there was a sound like someone was playing their bass really high on their stereo, however, it did not disturb our sleep and once we figured out what it was, it faded into the background and did not bother us.

Room Tip: Rooms that back up to the elevators have some noise when the elevator is in use.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank skle1978
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We pride ourselves on great service and we always enjoy hearing from a guest who has experienced the best of what we have to offer. Our romance package is excellent and I am glad you took full advantage of it. Peter and Stephanie are great front desk associates, I’m glad they took care of you. I will be sure to share your review with them. Again, thank you for the great review. I hope you will choose us on your next trip to NYC.

Lowell, Michigan
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Wow what can I say. I was booking this hotel for a business meeting group of 20 to 24 folks. They are use to staying in a full service hotel in many of the larger cities. I must say this was the best experience I have had in ages.
I can honestly say that every single staff member at this hotel I came in contact with went above and beyond. I have not had customer service like this ever!
The hotel is beautiful, clean and the rooms are large with comfortable beds. The breakfast is one of the best. The noise in some of the lower floor rooms is from the street and very common in NY. But most of the folks I worked with said they did not hear much and slept well.
Allison Mitchell from Sales made my job so easy. She handled our transportation needs, great ideas for dinners and catering, as well as a quick sneak away to do some shopping. The meeting room was set up as expected and all my needs were met.
Great Location to Citi Field, and the free shuttle service to nearby locations and the airport was an added benifit. The bar and bartender were pleasent and the fully stocked snack/toiletry in the lobby was nice.
Kudos to the staff and General Manager for our great experience. We will be back!

Room Tip: HIgher floors for less road noise.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We pride ourselves on great service and we always enjoy hearing from a guest who has experienced the best of what we have to offer. We are an excellent choice for guests who are travelling on business. Our free Wi-Fi has three times the standard bandwidth which provides excellent connectivity. We just added some new items to our breakfast to make it even better. Thanks again for choosing our hotel, we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to NYC.

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at this new hotel for 3 months while on business. I wish they had been opened the first 3 months I was there. I would personally recommend this hotel to anyone. Everyday you will have a staff that goes above and beyond to meet your needs. A shuttle that will take you not only to the airport, also local restaurants, stores laundry facilities or the train. They have beautiful spacious rooms, free wifi, business center, ATM, laundry facilities, fitness center, an excellent free breakfast and so much more. If I return to New York I would not even consider another hotel. Intercontinental, and Hilton were nice hotels as well without all free extras. The staff at this one, from housekeeping, front desk, maintenance, the cooks, bar tenders,shuttle drivers each day brought this particular hotel to number one in New York on my list.
Enjoy!!!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in a one bedroom suite with a kitchenette. It had a beautiful living room with a hide a bed...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. We pride ourselves on great service and we always enjoy hearing from a guest who has experienced the best of what we have to offer. We are an excellent choice for guests who are travelling on business. We just added some new items to our breakfast to make it even better. I am glad we were able to accommodate your needs while you stayed with us for 3 months. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to NYC.

St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I chose the SpringHill Suites based on other reviews! And I can only just add more PLUS comments!
This is a fairly new hotel, lobby is pretty upscale, has a great complimentary breakfast, a business center, (great to be able to print boarding passes), free wifi in roomm even a shuttle to pickup/return to airport, or anywhere else within limits too! ALL kinds of restaurants within walking distance. Also delivery from almost all to the hotel also!
Staff were all very friendly and helpful! Rooms are (at least the King suite) are EXCELLENT! Plenty of room, I liked the little 'divider' where you work on laptop, so that you won't bother the other guest trying to sleep HA!
Shower/sink in one room, toilet and a cute little small hand sink in another(both have pocket doors) Saves on space. One t.v,. to watch from bed (very comfortable too I might add) and another smaller one in the other end of the room to view from couch (which can be a pull out bed. There is a microwave and small fridge in the corner also.
I would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper, you may want to ask for a room not facing Northern Blvd. It's a mai...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Sean M, General Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a great review of our hotel. We just opened in December of 2012 so all of our facilities are new. I am glad you enjoyed our king suite, it is an upgraded room but like you said there is plenty of space for a family to spread out. Thank you for the recommendation. I hope you choose to stay with us on your next visit to NYC.

Sean Meade
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corona
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
Hyatt Place Flushing/LaGuardia Airport
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
#3 of 12 in East Elmhurst
Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport
Fairfield Inn by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport/Flushing
Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott New York LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!