“Just about good”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Corona
Bengaluru, India
“Just about good”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The hotel lives upto the standards which one frequent traveller expects from a Holiday Inn. Great hotel for a business stay; lively Bar at Ground floor is surely a plus for this hotel. No hesitation in recommending this property.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Ivonne G, Manager at Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear siddharthdhamija,

Thank you so much for taking your time to provide us with your wonderful feedback. We look forwards to having you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 13, 2014

I've stayed here a few times in the last few months and had pleasant experiences each time. The rooms are clean and seem to have been recently updated. It's close to the airport and the shuttle has always been on time. The restaurant off the lobby is great. I love the food, the drinks are reasonably priced and the staff are all very friendly. Will definitely return.

Pensacola, FL
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed there after our flight form La Guardia was canceled. They offer a shuttle, a great bar, and a surprisingly good Italian restaurant. There are shops within a 10 minute walk where you can get wine, beer, and most necessities. For an airport hotel I would definitely recommend this. The only thing they need to add is coffee in the lobby before the restaurant opens.

1 Thank Frafroni
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I called ahead of time to make sure they had a pool. Spoke with Antonio who said yes. Get there and the pool is under construction. when we complained it was a oh well what are you going to do? We already paid and in unfamiliar place, so we were stuck. Our TV didn't work, called desk -said they would come fix it. Ended up figuring it out myself -they never came. Requested room be cleaned on day 3 and they only vacuumed- bathroom was still dirty and the bed sheets were still soiled. I had to rip the sheets off and throw them on the floor to get service. No breakfast there. They have a restaurant, but it's not part of the hotel. The food was good and the prices were okay, but the at the end of our dinner the manage called out a waiter for not clearing our plates in front of us--highly unprofessional. The area is not great. Does not speak English. If it was just me I would be nervous getting lost in the streets, but the Metro subway is close. I filled out a poor review on check out. Yvonne, the manager, called me and left a message. I called her back and started to tell her about our experience because I was really upset about the pool fiasco. I could hear her talking to someone else in the background and then she says to me "oh I'm really busy right now. Can you call back in 15 minutes?" NO. CASE IN POINT. If you're looking for a Holiday Inn building you have it...if you're looking for service look elsewhere. I paid $116/night-not worth it.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear Chelsea S,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. Providing excellent customer service is one of the things we pride ourselves on and we are sorry to read that in this case you feel we have fallen short of your expectations. We would love to regain your faith in our hotel and would welcome the opportunity to discuss your stay in further details. We have sent you a private message to obtain additional detail regarding your stay.

We look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Corona hotels

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I frequently have the pleasure of staying here for business and am always made to feel so very welcome, especially by Yvette in the restaurant on weekend mornings. She shows the utmost in professionalism with an extremely warm twist. I witnessed an unexpectedly busy early morning in the restaurant due to a girls field hockey team all coming in at once. The team was quite rude and demanding of Yvette, especially when they paid all separately and rushed her so they could make a shuttle to the airport. As always, she handled it in stride never breaking her smile or composure while still providing me with outstanding service. I look forward to my trips there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Ivonne G, Manager at Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear Craigshatrack

Thank you very much for using your valuable time to provide feedback on your experience in the hotel's restaurant. We will congratulate Yvette on an outstanding job she did. We will see you soon.
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 12, 2014

Our stay at the HI La Guardia was the only good thing about being stranded due to the storm. We This was the only hotel we found that was not jacking up their prices. They were friendly and understanding from the first phone call. I wish I could remember the night managers name (Jan. 5). He was so kind and accommodating. We (me, hubby, 10 yo DS, 4 yo DD) loved the authentic Italian food. I appreciated the true Irish coffee (decaf for me). The room was clean and surprisingly quiet for overlooking the highway. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: No refrigerator in room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Michellene S
Thank you very much for your kind feedback. Please come back in the near future.
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Along with many other travelers at the mercy of Winter Storm Hercules, I found myself stranded at the airport. After several spectacular days at the NYC Midtown Hilton, I was not looking forward to waiting out the storm at LaGuardia. Fortunately, I found a room at the Holiday Inn in Corona, just minutes from the airport. Everything about the hotel was far better than I could have ever hoped for, including a gem of a restaurant right inside the hotel, open from 6:30 AM to midnight. I was impressed by the staff, the cleanliness of the room, and the frequency of the shuttle trips to and from the airport. Great find, reasonably priced, definitely something to keep in mind for the future!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Anne G
Ivonne G, Manager at Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable information about your stay with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us now please come back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corona
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
#3 of 12 in East Elmhurst
Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport

Been to Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!