“Horrid”

Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Corona
Toronto, Canada
“Horrid”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The service was incredibly poor, there was what looked like dried blood on the interior of our room door, and food on the room floor when we checked in. I would not recommend staying here. We stayed here for two nights, Oct. 4th and 5th, 2013.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank NK N
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear NK N,

Ben J
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

You can't go wrong with a Holiday Inn. For the nightly fee it was exactly you expect from an airport hotel. Yes the halls were a little dated, but the room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly snd welcoming. I will stay here again when I need to be by Laguardia Airport or Citifield in New York.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bryan G
Friendswood, Texas
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I have stayed at many of the hotels around La Guardia airport but after my wonderful experience at Holiday Inn LGA several years ago I have been staying there frequently and consistently for the following reasons: Great room rate, clean room with very comfortable bed, pillows and special amenities such as the shoe sponge for a quick shine before going to work in the morning. Also, the warm and caring hospitality from the staff and delicious meals from the restaurant which has a very lively environment in the evening cannot be measured.

Room Tip: I have always stay in a room with a king bed
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
New England
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stay at this hotel about twice a year, traveling from New England to NYC to see a few baseball games at Citi Field.
The front desk is always friendly and professional. However, the rooms are showing some signs of wear and lack of preventative maintenance.
We were left with no shampoo. The wallpaper in the bathroom is beginning to peel and the roomcould use an upgrade, including painting and attention to some door repair etc. It is the closest hotel to the airport, Arthur Ashe Stadium and Citi Field. I wish we had another choice so that the management would be less indifferent.
We'll return next season as the rooms are clean, the lobby and public areas are always spotless.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear tom12newengland,

Thank you for your review of our hotel and for staying with us. I am sorry some aspects of our hotel were not to your liking. I am pleased that our staff was able to offset this displeasure with great service. I was glad to hear you did appreciate our great location.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Jaime W
Rochester, Michigan
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I travel a lot. I understand not every stay is perfect. I dont expect perfect but I do demand being treated like a guest and I expect decent room conditions. My stay failed at both. Front desk was not friendly, not helpfull and at times they were rude. My shower was not working properly and toilet clogged and would not flush properly. The way they handle the shuttle service too and from LGA is poor as well. Dont offer services to guests if you cant provide friendly proper service. I will never return and will suggest to others to avoid this property untill positive changes are made. Did not recognize my Platinum Elite Status with IHG on top of everything else. Restaurant in hotel has good food to end on positive note.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank GeniusTravelers
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear TattooedTraveler,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. As an IHG Rewards Platinum Elite member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hotel. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Thank you again for your comments as this is very helpful to us to ensure we are able to meet our guests expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Janice A
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Corona hotels

Newton, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Price far better than Manhattan which is a good reason to be here. Rate drops to $158 on a Friday night. Hotel is clean, has a swim pool with a lifeguard always on duty! Bar is lively with $3 a pint Labatts and PBR all night. Desk staff are nice. Breakfast service said to be slow. Lots of breakfast spots on nearby Roosevelt St. The latter is also great at night for Latino food carts. Rooms have safes for valuables but toilet has no extractor fan, bathroom is low quality with no vanity also sink stopper almost inoperable . Bring your own hangers --only 6 are supplied. Minor things but it causes a down-rating.

• Stayed September 2013
Chicago
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel now for several years while on business and it doesn't ever seem to get any better! Management even updated the hotel, perhaps an estimated 5-7 years ago, but even with these renovations, the overall appearance is tired and gives a lackluster feel. When just about any room on the premises is assessed, stains can be found on the carpets, mold on the shower ceilings and grout lines and peeling wallpaper in the bathrooms! I always try to enter any hotel with a very objective attitude, however, it's very difficult to do so when I've stayed at the same hotel so many times with the same experiences each time! I've of course mentioned these problems multiple times to hotel management and seem to met by lip-service each time. It seems this hotel takes the approach that they're located in New York city, and therefore can charge standard room rates for the city without providing a care in the world for their product! Typically, I don't care for the Holiday Inn product, but still think that they're competitive in most areas, EXCEPT this one. I'm truly surprised that Holiday Inn accepts the low standards of this franchise under their corporate standards for the Holiday Inn brand! The ONLY reason I stay at this hotel is because my company has a contract with this hotel and secures my room for me. If it weren't for my company securing my hotel room and reservation for me, I'd definitely find a more comfortable place to stay!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank mjlhou
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Dear mjlhou,

Ferdinand G
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corona
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
The Parc Hotel
#5 of 18 in Flushing
Hyatt Place Flushing/LaGuardia Airport
Hampton Inn New York LaGuardia Airport

Been to Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport? Share your experiences!