Full disclosure: I'm airline crew and was staying at a Crew rate booked by my company.
A couple of things stand out that really made this a good layover. First was the lovely welcome from Tandeka on the front desk. The Pines restaurant has really good Italian food and a huge selection. Nicest of all, when I got up to my room the desk lamp was already on....you'd be amazed at what a difference this makes. The room looks warm and inviting, and you're not fiddling around looking for the light switch as you hold open the door and drag your bags behind you.
The building is older, but the rooms are very comfortable and housekeeping is impeccable. From the lobby it's about a five minute walk to the subway which makes it easy and inexpensive to get into Manhattan. Given that the HI has a free airport shuttle, you can save yourself money and aggravation by staying here, close to the airport, and subway it into the city. Our layovers are relatively short, but this hotel's location has enabled me to get into NYC every time I stay there. I recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport Hotel is the only hotel within walking distance to Citi Field, home of the New York Mets Baseball team. The USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, home of the US Open Tennis and beautiful Flushing Meadows Corona Park are a short walk away. Our hotel is conveniently located a few blocks away from the #7 train leading directly to Manhattan's Grand Central Terminal. Easy subway access to Times Square, Broadway Theatres and great shopping in Midtown and Canal Street for bargains! Major events in sports, entertainment, music and art with internationally renowned dining choices and sightseeing are all nearby. Visit museums and art galleries, returning to the hotel for relaxation, family-style dining in the Pine Italian restaurant. Enjoy breakfast, lunch & dinner here. Happy hour & late night snacks with a wide array of sports memorabilia to talk about with new friends! 24 Hour complimentary shuttle from and to LaGuardia Airport. The daily moderate parking fee onsite is $8.00. We are easily accessible to roads that connect us to Long Island, Manhattan, Brooklyn & the Bronx. Whether you stay for business or pleasure, we are here to accommodate your every need. Our warm & friendly associates at the Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport hotel look forward to providing you with the customer service you deserve at your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Laguardia Airport Hotel Corona
- Laguardia Airport Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Corona
- Corona Holiday Inn