I stayed here after a late arrival into Laguardia airport. It is very conveniently located (within a mile or so), but not as close as the Marriott or Hampton which are walkable. The neighborhood seemed safe and the hotel is right across the street from a park.
There is a free shuttle, but my experience wasn't so great. They told me no more than 10 minutes when I called, it then ended up being 15. After he picked me up, we did a huge loop back to where I was standing to pick up a flight crew. As we were pulling out, another flight crew showed up which we brought on board. They did a bunch of paper work so by the time we actually pulled out of the airport, it was close to 30 minutes after my call. I don't know what I expect out of a free shuttle, but that was annoying.
The staff inside the hotel were great. They truly made me feel welcome and had selected a room according to my preferences. The room itself was adequate- small but clean and well appointed. The platinum priority status got me a bottle of water and a free drink coupon in the bar which I didn't use. I would have loved to see a concierge floor or at the least a breakfast coupon.
All in all a fine stay, but I prefer the Hampton for the same amount of money. The Marriott is nice too, but far more expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport Hotel is the only hotel within walking distance to Citi Field, home of the New York Mets Baseball team. The USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center, home of the US Open Tennis and beautiful Flushing Meadows Corona Park are a short walk away. Our hotel is conveniently located a few blocks away from the #7 train leading directly to Manhattan's Grand Central Terminal. Easy subway access to Times Square, Broadway Theatres and great shopping in Midtown and Canal Street for bargains! Major events in sports, entertainment, music and art with internationally renowned dining choices and sightseeing are all nearby. Visit museums and art galleries, returning to the hotel for relaxation, family-style dining in the Pine Italian restaurant. Enjoy breakfast, lunch & dinner here. Happy hour & late night snacks with a wide array of sports memorabilia to talk about with new friends! 24 Hour complimentary shuttle from and to LaGuardia Airport. The daily moderate parking fee onsite is $8.00. We are easily accessible to roads that connect us to Long Island, Manhattan, Brooklyn & the Bronx. Whether you stay for business or pleasure, we are here to accommodate your every need. Our warm & friendly associates at the Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport hotel look forward to providing you with the customer service you deserve at your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn LaGuardia Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Laguardia Airport Hotel Corona
- Laguardia Airport Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Corona
- Corona Holiday Inn