“Not for everyone”

Ranked #1 of 1 Corona B&B and Inns
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Not for everyone”
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Corona after our flight was cancelled at LGA. We found it on Booking.com and picked it because of being close to the airport, a shuttle to and from the airport and price. The hotel is located next to an elevated train which is very loud. The neighborhood is pretty seedy and would not recommend for single women. Our room was clean and on the back. There was a lot of coming and going all night. We had to wait an hour at the airport to be picked up but were on time for our return. The highlight was a restaurant we found on Corona Street called Park Side Restaurant. It was about a fifteen minute walk from the hotel. It was recommended by a person at the hotel. I would not recommend this hotel. There are others in the area that I am sure would be better.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ash2002

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
New Jersey
Reviewed June 26, 2013

After another cancelled flight I ended up at the Corona. While booking through Booking.com I saw the Corona listed as 3.5 stars not bad. What I didn't know according to Booking. com is that a hotel can be awful and still be 3.5 stars on their rating. Here are the highlights.

At check-in there we more then 10 guest groups waiting for rooms. There was only one guest service rep.

The guest service rep stated at check-in that my room was being cleaned and it would be ready in 10 minute. This was at 8:20 PM. What room wouldn't be cleaned in the evening. As I watched the coming and going I saw quite a few guests checking out before realizing the Corona must rent partial nights, days, hours. At 9PM I asked why I was still waiting and the front desk rep stated there was only one housekeeper. At 9:25 I was given my room key. Upon opening the door to the room I found that the room had not been touched. It was trashed from the last guests. I closed the door and headed for check-in.

Housekeeping: Before I made the elevator I ran into the one housekeeper. When asked when the room would be cleaned I was told he didn't know when he would get to it. This was in very broken English so I asked again to make sure I understood. I received a angry look but no further information.

Back in the lobby I was told by the guest service rep that she was doing all she could. There was no one else to help. The lobby continued to fill up with angry guests so I called Booking.com for a refund or to me relocated. Booking.com did nothing to help. They explained that each time they called the property the guest service rep hung up on them. I confirmed this because I was standing there witnessing these actions. She hung up on every call that came in during the 1.5 hours in the lobby.

The room was finally ready but no way was it well cleaned. This is such a shame because this property looks to be recently renovated but currently being run NASTY. I did speak to a security person later in the evening who should have been made manager. He is the only one who cared. Even after leaving his day job he was friendly empathic and interested. To little to late.

Just another mention the hotel is located within 14 feet on the raised trains. They run all night.

This is an absolute stay away hotel. Read some of my other reviews and you will see I give credit where it is do. Stay away from Hotels.com and the Corona Hotel.

BOOKING>COM Followup
Dear Hotel Partner, attention management:

Booking.com is pleased to support your property and is committed to our
successful business partnership.

It is imperative that we inform you that our shared guest Douglas Kelly has
recently sent us a formal complaint that requires your urgent attention.

****
Booking Number: 368130607
Arrival Date: 2013-06-25
Departure Date: 2013-06-26

-Guest arrived to find the room was dirty. Housekeeping advised the guest they
will clean the room whenever they get to it.

-hotel front desk agent keeps picking up the phone and hanging up on Booking.com
agent.

-advised guest who can see the front desk of the hotel ignoring the phone calls
from Booking.com agent.
****

At Booking.com we work to ensure all guest complaints are treated with the
utmost importance.

We therefore require a formal response to this claim from your property within
24 hours.

If you have any questions in regards to this matter please contact our Customer
Service department directly.

*Please note that failure to respond to this request may result in your property
being invoiced for any compensation provided to the guest on your behalf.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter as it is greatly appreciated.

We look forward to your reply by June 26th.

Kind regards,

Davey Johnson

Room Tip: Just don't stay here
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Corona hotels

Trinidad
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Generally good stay. Boring breakfast , limited choices and small eating area. Rooms above the 5th floor on car park side of hotel is good. Has somewhat of a city view . Don't book roadside rooms as subway track can be noisy. Basically operated by indians and some hispanic influence. Noise on corridors at late night , appears to be staff talking or something. You can smell cigerette or weed smoking. Smell irregular , a bit concerning. Close to subway , not much choices for cafes or dining. Close to Main Street , Flushing . A 25 minute or so distance by subway to Manhattan. Look out for Ms Ram , has no training in hospitality or customer service. The only dissapointment to my overall stay , as hospitality makes or breaks a second booking. Will not , and will strongly recommend this individual be trained if she is the first line of representation of this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Auburn, Maine
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Pretty friendly, not great but pretty good. YES, it's loud as the L goes by A LOT, and it's maybe 10' from the hotel. We did stay in a back room, which made some difference but not to a light sleeper.

It was very close and convenient to Citi Park, which was nice.

It wasn't easy to find as our GPS couldn't find the address. They said this happens a lot, and it's because of their location, UNDER the L.

The 4 stars is because it was clean and close. The noise isn't their doing.

Now I should point out, I did forget a nice pair of shoes behind. I called and they said they would put them aside, and I could send a UPS call tags to have them picked up … yeah, well that didn't work. Seems someone else is having the pleasure of my new shoes:(

Room Tip: Again, my 4 stars is because it was clean and close. If you don't want to walk to the ball field...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I'm a business traveler. I just wanted a quiet, clean, comfortable place to rest up. The worst part about my experience at the Corona hotel was the noise and the lack of sleep that the noise caused. I was constantly awoken by yelling and doors slamming. I also had the distinct pleasure of hearing a confrontation outside my door between the security employee and guests. The inebriated guests were cursing at the security employee who was threatening to call the cops. This lasted way too long. The hotel is also located right under the train and the train is very loud and shakes the hotel as it passes. Besides the noise the hotel room wasn't very clean. There was a plastic wrapper on the floor, a small blood stain on the drapes and a small blood stain on the sheets. The hallway on the third floor smelled of cigarette smoke. The towels looked clean but smelled a little musty. The bed and pillows were not comfortable. Breakfast was mediocre and there wasn't nearly enough seats/tables. When you check in they make you prepay for the entire stay. The front desk employee was nice and the manager refunded the remainder of my stay that I prepaid without issue. I would not recommend the Corona hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank capocrinini737
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed March 13, 2013

altough the hotel advertise a shuttle ride from the lga airport, its actually a town car. the driver was really nice. i got there around 10 am and was able to check in early. the room is really nice and clean, bathroom clean and bedding. i was looking for a smll because i had a smoking room but non was there.

on the down side. the hotel, to me, is surrounded by strange restaurants that are not too clean (by the looks) i ordered some food from their local taco shack and it was not edible. this was really a down side for me because i was starving... the neighborhood is prodominately mexican. all the locals were really nice though just wish they had more main stream resturants

also, for this hotel to be decent it shocked me that it was an hourly. it was around five in the morning and i heard security banging on a door saying "check out check out" he must of had issues with the ppl leaving because 5 minutes later i heard a lady screaming saying" omg we are coming!!!" security had opened the door telling the ppl "CHECK OUT TIME"

ALL IN All if i needed a quick place to stay in ny (which i highly doubt i will) i would deff stay in this hotel again

oh yeah another thing. the hotel is really acceible to a main train (7) it goes right across the otel. i thought it was going to be noisey but i barely heard the train inside my room

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corona
Best Western Plus La Guardia Airport Hotel Queens
Hyatt Place Flushing/LaGuardia Airport
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
LaGuardia Plaza Hotel - New York
#3 of 12 in East Elmhurst

Been to Corona Hotel? Share your experiences!