See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Hotel close to LaGuardia airport ( taxi: 13 usd). New and clean - in general after while looks better than on the beginning (poor surroundings - I have arrived in late night- but I didn’t feel unsafe). Rooms and bathroom were clean and looked like brand new. Breakfast simple - I would say too simple. Transfer from airport didn’t work and for airport I have been charged 15 usd ( 1 night stay was to short for free transfer!!!!!). Big disadvantage: very noisy – just by subway (on rail way). Just nearby: Flashing Meadows, Museum of Science, and Citi Arena.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 22, 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Hotel very dirty and the worst I ever stayed in..,.never again it was so bad. I didntt even leave. The room. I don't ever
Suggest staying here it should be a condemned building its so dirty I had to wait to shower

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed January 22, 2012

The rooms were very clean. The location was excellent - close to La Guardia (the pick-up and drop-off service was by a taxi, but very prompt), and about a 5-minute walk to the subway ride to Manhattan. Ok area, but we didn't feel unsafe. We left the room late during the day (after housekeeping came around), and despite requesting the room to be cleaned, it seemed to have been missed. This wasn't too big a deal though, considering we were only there for a couple of days, and also because they were able to give us towels even we asked for them after midnight.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2012

The rooms were clean enough and nicely decorated. The LCD screen was also a nice touch. Staff were friendly and helpful. Although one of the staff lied to me, more about this later. The parking was very handy to have. The noise from the train is quite constant so as a light sleeper I fell in and out of sleep. Even requesting a room facing the car park, you can still hear it. The subway is very close and easy to walk to and its very handy to catch a train into Manhattan. Also for those who love chinese food a train ride to Flushing (only 2 stops will take you to a plethora of chinese food options. There is also two chinese restaurants nearby and a supermarket all within walking distance from the hotel.

There were some negatives which unfortunately push my rating to poor. The first room I got on first floor had a smoke smell and I checked with the front desk if it was a non smoking room. She said it was. But I got moved to another room anyway, unfortunately this room also had a smoke smell, but I was able to block it somewhat by closing the bathroom door. The 2nd room was also smaller. My sleep wasn't too pleasant because of this smell and given I was still recovering from a cold it was not helping.

The next day I checked with front desk about the smoke smell and was told that all rooms on the first floor are smoking. So it was obvious that the staff from the previous night lied to me. Not a good look on their part.

It is a shame really, I would have liked to give this hotel a better rating but that smoke smell is a killer. Perhaps I might give them a chance again if I am ever back in NYC.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing car park although you can still hear the train. Make sure you also check if there is a smoke smell.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo