“The BEST Mexican food I have ever eaten!”

Tortilleria Nixtamal
Reserve with OpenTable
Tortilleria Nixtamal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 107 Restaurants in Corona
Cuisines: Mexican
Bonners Ferry, Idaho
“The BEST Mexican food I have ever eaten!”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

After eating here last Thursday I have found myself dreaming about the food every day. Unfortunately, I live in CT and I will have to wait for my next trip to the city to indulge. It was a little out of the way since I was staying in Mid-town Manhattan but it was worth the trip. An easy subway ride on the 7 train out of 42st/Bus Terminal station and then a short walk. My husband, 15 y/o son and I were in love from the moment we walked through the door. The guacamole and chips were so fresh. All of the corn tortillas are made on site every morning so the food doesn't get any fresher. You can't go wrong with anything you order. The Pozole (soup) and taco al Pastor are a MUST do.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank PerryFam4

West Islip
“LOVE this place!”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Delicious guacamole, excellent Pozole, yummy chipotle tamale and fabulous shrimp taco. Simple, no frills place ... but great food and the server was so friendly and helpful too! I will definitely be going back again!

• Visited April 2012
New York City, New York
“Delicious and priced perfectly, VALUE”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Fresh tacos and tamales the way it should be done. Smaller venue with great interior. Perfect for grabbing a quick and easy bite that's well priced bite in the heart of Queens. Went for the first time and started with some guac which came with 2 salsa's, a red and green. The red was a bit spicier then the green but both delicious. We tried a chicken tamale and 6 different tacos. Everything was fresh and prepared like you were in Mexico, South Texas or Southern Cali. If there is a place like this one anywhere else in NYC, someone please tell me. Highly recommended!!!!

• Visited March 2012
Long Island
“Top notch, inexpensive natural Mexican hang out”
Reviewed February 16, 2012

Fresh made corn torlillas - from 100% corn. Tortilleria focusus on natural and local products. The corn is from non GMO seed and prepared according to centrury old traditional methods.

All the food tasted fresh and we will come back to try some of the other dishes. We enjoyed the soups - some are very spicely so ask. We has a variety of tacos. We liked them all - but the Al Pastor taco was my favorite. Service was friendly and helpful.

This is in the heart of Corona Queens. For all purposes you might as well be in Mexico or Columbia - the area is safe, but at leat half of the fun is walking around and enjoying the sites and smells of the area. Take the the 7 train and get off at 103rd and walk the 6 blocks south. This is not a fancy resturant - it is a simplle, natural place where you are eating on nice picnic tables - and enjoying a bottle of Negro Modello along with the food. But it is natural wholesome food that Michaal Pollen would approve of. Take a drive or the subway and come very early on a Saturday for an adventure.
cooked the traditional ancient way every day in our kitchen/taqueria.

• Visited February 2012
New Jersey
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Stopped here for an early lunch prior to picking someone up at LGA. Started with chips and dip; chips were fresh and served with both a red and green sauce. The red was good the green was very good.

Ordered a steak and a chicken taco for lunch. The fresh corn tortilla, for which they are known, was spectacular! Steak taco was very flavorful but the chicken was my favorite.

Service was fast and courteous. Will return.