“Great Local restaurant”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Cornwall on Hudson, New York
“Great Local restaurant”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Painters is one of our favorite weekend spots for its great food and awesome beer and wine list. Be sure to check out the specials which often feature local produce. We like to sit outside in the Summer. If you're not hungry, the bar is a fun place to hang out with friends.

• Visited August 2014

Briarcliff Manor, New York
“Nice spot, apathetic service, OK food”
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

After a short cayak trip on the river we ended up at this place for lunch. The patio is nice and shady. The service was very laid back, as a matter of fact another couple left the restaurant while we were there because nobody cleaned their table or gave them menus. Our waitress did not bother with the specials even though the waiter of the table next to us did recite a bunch. It took 10mins and two requests to order. The food - kobe burger and an omelette were alright. More delay to get the bill paid. All this on a slow day and while four people were milling around the place. It appears that only the person assigned to the table can interact with it. The hapless busslady was looking at the people walking out, the bill and credit card sitting on our table but all she was doing was picking up glasses from an empty table. Not a place for employee initiative it appears. Anyway, as I said the food was not bad, the service rather laid back and not attentive.

Cornwall, New York
“Ok but not great”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Had dinner here the other night, with a good friend. We started off with appetizers. I had loaded potato skins. I've had better. My friend had a 1/2 plate of Nachos. She loved it and took half home. For dinner I had the corned beef ruben and my friend had the halibut. the corned beerwas so fatty, it was uneatable. I did not return it. But instead said I was full. My friend totally enjoyed the halibut and it was such a large portion , leftovers went home. For desert I had the brownie sundae and neighbor had apple pie a la mode.

Service was excellent. Waitress was very attentive and extremely personable.

NY
“Great little lunch spot”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Nice little restaurant with parking and friendly, accommodating wait staff. Interesting salad selections that are perfect for lunch, as well as wraps, entrees etc. Patio out front on a nice day is covered and cool. Very pleasant respite with a laid back vibe.

West Hartford, Connecticut
“Seemed like great place”
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Painters was a bit of a disappointment . We came to town on one of the most beautiful days in July to visit Storm King sculpture park. We went into Cornwall to find a place to eat on this beautiful summer evening. Painters was recommended and the front porch was nice with the temperature perfect. The first disappointment was they did not have the draft beer on the menu. No big deal. The waitress brought me a sample of a possible alternate which was nice of her. The sample was warm. My wife ordered a eggplant dish. She took one bite and sent it back. I have never seen her send a dish back before. The egg plant was improperly cooked and terrible. I ordered short ribs and rigatoni. It was OK. It wasn't bad but not much taste. I rarely add salt to a restaurant meal but I added to this one. So the Painters was a disappointment as far as food. It was clearly a popular place in this quiet town and others may love it but the food was really mediocre at best.

• Visited July 2014