“Great tastes, excellent value”
Review of Avocado Restaurant

Avocado Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 31 Restaurants in Cornwall
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We've kicked up authentic Mexican food a notch and combined old and new traditions to create dishes such as our Seafood Pineaple, Stuffed Chicken with Mexican ingredients, and Seafood Enchiladas. Not forgetting the classic Quesadillas and Fajitas.
New Windsor, New York
“Great tastes, excellent value”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

We've been in here for dinner as a couple and as a party - and back again for lunch. The food is good - no canned refried beans here - and original, with a number of unusual dishes on the menu. Try the Pork & Chipotle burger, or the Queso Fundido con Chorizo - both are excellent. Service is pleasant and quick, prices are more than reasonable, and the drinks are generous... try the Sangririta!

The only drawback is the menu... it is huge! Every time we go, we make it all the way through the first round of drinks while we are still trying to figure out what we want to eat!

• Visited October 2012

New York City, New York
“Brought me back to Mexico...”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

In Orange County, it seems near to impossible to find good, authentic Mexican cuisine. And so, it was a wonderful surprise when we sat down at this newly opened little place in Cornwall. Firstly, the waitstaff is so friendly and attentive. One would guess it to be family run, based on how friendly and efficient the staff was. The food, though, is the reason why I'm giving this place 5 stars. At first, you're a bit intimidated by the seemingly endless entree options. But my family and I ordered a bit of everything. I, the Chile Relleno, which I believe is the true test of a good Mexican chef. Wow! I was beginning to forget what a good Relleno tasted like, ...a perfectly battered and fried Poblano pepper filled with the perfect amount of Monterey Jack. The sauce was delicious! So savory with only a small kick of heat. Even the little details like the yellow rice held such flavor! My husband had the shrimp fajitas. As with most crappy Mexican restaurants, I was expecting overcooked shrimp, but no! Perfectly tender shrimp, fresh Pico de Gallo and I almost sure they used homemade tortillas. The rest of my family all seemed happy with their dishes. And so, I highly recommend the Chile Relleno, Shrimp Fajitas, Tampaquena and the Sopas for appetizer! This place is also really pretty inside. You kinda feel like you're dining in the basement of someone's house in Mexico. Though it is light and airy, something about it makes you feel like you're inside a ranch. The value is good, not expensive at all but not exactly cheap. My only complaints would be that my Margaritas, (though tasty), were a bit on the sweet side and kind of weak that night. Also, walking through the bar area was kind of like stepping into another restaurant. The furniture and atmosphere was obviously to attract a bar crowd and seemed to take away from the rustic beauty of the rest of the restaurant. But really, this is just nit-picking... I HIGHLY recommend this place!

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank ShadOcat
Cornwall, NY
“Fresh and varied”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Good variety of Mexican dishes, prepared in a traditional manner. Very fresh ingredients and a great guacomole made at the table. The decor is simple, bright , and traditionally Mexican. A nice casual place with pleasant waitstaff. Definitely worth adding to a list of reliable, not super expensive, places to eat in the area.

• Visited August 2012
New York, NY
“Good Mexican Place”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Well worth the trip. Definitely order the guacamole, which is prepared fresh at your table side. If you want something special, just talk to the cooks directly - They're skilled and easy to get along with.

• Visited September 2012
Cornwall on Hudson, New York
“Don't eat at this restaurant”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This restaurant serves flavorless, fake Mexican food. The waitstaff and kitchen were so slow, it took us a half an hour to be served, and another half hour to get the check, once we were finished. Never again. Avoid this place.

Visited August 2012