“Great Brook Side Dining”

The Canterbury Brook Inn
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Cornwall
Cuisines: Swiss, International
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Poughkeepsie, New York, United States
“Great Brook Side Dining”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

Our first dining experience The Canterbury Brook Inn was a great one. The evening was perfect. Although Mother Nature helped by providing a perfect evening for sitting on the deck over looking a peacefully flowing brook, the Inn was the star of the evening with excellent fare and service. Our summary of the evening was in a word "delightful"

Visited July 2014

“Wonderful night out”
Reviewed June 29, 2014

First time at The Canterbury Brook Inn. The food was fabulous and the service was excellent.
We never felt rushed and everyone from the bus boy to the waitress were very attentive. Will be returning again!

• Visited June 2014
Valhalla, New York
“Good but with issues”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

The food is hands down good. I had the short ribs and my wife had the pork medallions. The escargot was a little tasteless. Not sure why but the short ribs were very good. The service is another topic! Being semi local to the area, I know the local politicians, active and semi-retired, the local shop owners etc.... The service that they received and the service that an outsider receives is a world apart!! I have issues when I have to stop the bus boy in order to ask for a drink! When the waitress constantly by passes tables to serve certain other tables, I don't care how good the food is, I have issues with that!! When a table comes in 20 mins after you have been seated and they are receiving food and drinks and your still sitting there waiting I have issues with that!
I haven't been here in a couple of years, just because of these issues and it remains the same. So I'll leave it alone and take my money else where , where all folks are treated the same. For $127 dinner for 2, I expect better attentive service.
When you give the waitress $200 and she walks away and then leans over the banister asking "Oh do you want change" That is just poor practice !! I really felt like walking out and not leaving a tip!! But I didn't.
Won't be back there any time soon. Too many places that are just as good with MUCH better service!
The food is above average but the service and the treatment is just too poor. I had to give the place an average rating.

• Visited June 2014
4 Thank logan s
Alexandria, Virginia
“Consistently Excellent”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

We always dine at the Canterbury Inn on our frequent trips to West Point. The German-influenced cuisine is consistently excellent, the service first-rate, and the ambiance very pleasant, especially on warm summer evenings when one can sit outdoors along the brook. The mid-week prix fixe dinners are a real bargain. Highly recommended.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Tony S
“Always a lovely night out”
Reviewed March 26, 2014

The food was delicious as always. I was very pleased that due to my health issues I needed to request something that was not on the menu and they were very accommodating. Their salad is delicious, order the spaetzle, and the chocolate fondue for dessert was wonderful.

• Visited March 2014