“Great Service!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Great Service!”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I spent four night at the Radisson Hotel Corning for a business meeting. In some ways the hotel does show it's age (mid-70's architecture) but it's well maintained. The room I was just updated and it looked great and the bed was EXTREMELY comfortable; I slept great.

High Point: Every staff member that I met was incredibly friendly and helpful. They gave me the feeling that I was welcomed there and that they really cared.

Low Point: They need to improve the coffee service. I ended up drinking Starbuck VIA instant coffee most of the time….

If you're looking for a hotel in Corning, I recommend the Radisson Hotel Corning.

Room Tip: Third floor of the main building are the quieter and easier to access than anything in the "oth...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Marissa-14830, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Corning, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Courtney757,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at the Radisson Hotel Corning! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay! As well, I would like to thank you for the comments regarding the coffee we offer within the hotel. I will certainly share your feedback with our Food and Beverage team!

Radisson Hotel Corning

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 25, 2014

We stayed here for 1 night in March. Unfortunately we were here for a funeral. Most of the staff knew why we were there and offered condolences to us which I thought was nice. I was at first put in a room away from family in the older wing. While the room had the newer furniture, it smelled horrible, and the bathroom was a closet that barely fit one person. After calling the front desk, they moved us to the new wing where the rest of our family was staying. The room was slightly smaller, but bathroom much nicer and smelled nice too! The furniture is pretty up to date. The hotel has a bar and a big restaurant. We ate lunch, dinner, and breakfast at the restaurant. Service was a bit slow, but food was good and waitstaff friendly.
Corning doesn't have that many (decent) options for hotels. I think this is one of the better ones and the prices are reasonable.

Room Tip: Ensure you ask for rooms in the newer wing!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Marissa-14830, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Corning, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear njgalinwt,

Thank you for the taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Radisson Hotel Corning! I am so glad to hear our Front Desk staff was able to move you to a more comfortable guestroom that was closer to your family and that you enjoyed your dining experience with us!

Pune, India
Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at the radisson in Corning a number of times and every time I am amazed at the smiling and ever helpful staff

It is close to market street and a very comfortable place

Breakfast is amazing just stay away from salmon in the morning :-)

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank N T
Marissa-14830, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Corning, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear N T,

Thank you so much for the kind words of recognition regarding all of the Hotel staff! I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and will certainly share your comments with everyone!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

This is a perfect hotel to stay in and to be able to walk to the restaurants in the Gaffer District in Corning. We enjoyed our room, very quiet, great bed and pillows. The parking can be difficult, we were happy that we were just going to be walking downtown and didn't have to move our car. The staff is very friendly. The hot tub is nice and hot, but be warned that it is outdoors.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Ruger10,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at the Radisson Hotel Corning! I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Lakewood, Ohio
Reviewed March 7, 2014

On business in Corning, ended up staying right downtown at this Radisson - with pleasant results. It's a short walk to the city's Gaffer district, which is flush with restaurants, shops and galleries - and the hotel itself is clean, updated and staffed by folks who genuinely cared and worked to be helpful. The restaurant/bar in the hotel is actually quite nice, and the two meals I had were terrific. The exercise room could use some updating (as could the pool), and there is currently some construction taking place, but everything else was in good shape. Only complaint, and a minor one at that - I was on the first floor of the adjoining unit, which means I had to go outside (and it was minus four when I was there) to get to the lobby. Overall, a comfortable, consistent property and a I'd location at which I'd certainly stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Cowslower
Marissa-14830, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Corning, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Cowslover,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Radisson Hotel Corning! I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and your dining experience in our newly renovated Bar and Grill!

Hyderabad, India
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Stayed here recently during Polar vortex. Thanks to the comfy rooms and warm hospitality, the freezing weather didn't bother much. Nice location - plenty of eateries and shopping options. Good choice in the in-house bar and restaurant in case you don't want to venture out.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Marissa-14830, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Corning, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear hmunjam,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at the Radisson Hotel Corning! I am so glad to hear you had the opportunity to experience our newly renovated Bar and Grill, especially during this chilly weather. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Rochester, New York, United States
Reviewed February 24, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Radisson this past Friday night. From the time we walked into the lobby until we left the following morning we had an amazing experience. The folks running the place really understand Customer Service and from what we could tell, everyone working there is on board. We will definitely stay here again in the future!

Room Tip: Sleep # beds are in every room (I believe), they are amazing!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Marissa-14830, Front Office Manager at Radisson Hotel Corning, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Kevin K,

Thank you so much for the kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Radisson Hotel Corning, especially in regards to our staff! We are very fortunate to have such a hardworking team that is dedicated to the service they provide to all of our guests. I will certainly share your feedback with everyone!

We look forward to seeing you again and I hope to meet you on your next visit to Corning!

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Staybridge Suites Corning
Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
#3 of 7 in Painted Post

Been to Radisson Hotel Corning? Share your experiences!