“Never stayed at hotel - but their hosting is extraordinary” 4 of 5 stars

Radisson Hotel Corning
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Corning
GreenLeadersBronze level
Elmira, NY
“Never stayed at hotel - but their hosting is extraordinary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Since we live just a short distance away, we have never stayed at this property, but have attended many functiions held in the hotel. In every case, the food has been great and the staff friendly and supportive. The facility is always clean and attractive

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This is my second review, which is turning into an annual one for this great hotel. This time we booked two rooms. We were upgraded with our Silver Status and enjoyed one of the newly renovated rooms. The design and decor was very thoughtful, practical, and comfortable. Again, we enjoyed the pool, outdoor hot tub and central location to shops, restaurants and the Corning Museum of Glass. We will most likely be going back each year for the Christmas activities and shopping. Thanks again for a wonderful second stay!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Beyond_all_Borders
Horseheads, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights with my husband and 2 yr old in the Presidential Suite. Excellent Customer Service, Nice Clean Room, ate breakfast in the restaurant which was fantastic. Had the Eggs Mornay, unbelievably good. Room Service for lunch was above and beyond what traditional hotel food usually is and farely priced. We would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Kokomony
Spring, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for a week over the Christmas holidays. The entire staff was great. Although not a new hotel, we enjoyed our stay. Never did find our sleep number. We did walk out the back door and onto Market Street which was nice. We also used the indoor pool and the outdoor hot tub. Restaurant and bar were also convenient.

• Stayed December 2012
West Palm Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is at least our 3rd stay at this property in as many years. When staying over Christmas in 2011, I noticed that they had begun renovating parts of the property. This visit over Christmas 2012, it seems that they may have done some additional renovations, but definitely stopped short of a complete reno of the entire property. The carpet in our main building guest room was clean but very dated. But this isn't where my complaints about the property lie.

I have always felt that this was one of the better hotels in the Corning area with clean, comfortable rooms and good customer service. Our room was clean this time, but not fully functioning which I found inexcusable. The hotel was practically empty so why were we put in a room that should have been off-line? Here's a run-down of the "service" mistakes:

I checked in at around 8:30 p.m. I was welcomed as a Club Carlson member and promptly received my keys and my breakfast vouchers (which were included with the rate I paid). We went to our second floor room and I found a welcome note on the bed wishing that I enjoy the welcome amenity they had left for me. There was no amenity left in the room. I went back down to the front desk a little while later and inquired what the note was about. The front desk attendant seemed a bit flustered by this oversight, apologized, and offered me two candy bars. This was very minor but set the tone for other "oversights".

The next morning after waking up and wanting to take a shower, I discovered that the shower did not work. The water would flow into the tub, but the diverter would not work to send water up to the shower head. So, we didn't take any showers that morning of our departure and were somewhat grumpy because of it. We didn't have time to wait for someone from maintainence to come to the room to look at it, nor were we going to switch rooms at 6:30 a.m. either just to shower.

We went to breakfast in the restaurant. One of us had eggs over easy which were delivered undercooked/runny (the whites were still running). Ugh. We were in a rush, so we just sucked it up and continued to eat what we could so that we could hit the road on-time.

At check-out, I addressed the issue about the shower with the desk attendant, who was apologetic but didn't seem to think that any compensation was needed. So, I ended up paying full full rate for a room which wasn't working. If housekeeping were doing their job correctly, they would have discovered that the shower didn't work!

Next time my schedule calls for me to stay in Corning, I won't be giving this Radisson Hotel another try. While not a "full-service" hotel, I think the Staybridge Suites might be a better choice, or otherwise the HGI in Horseheads.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank CatskillMountainMan
Syracuse
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stay at this hotel every year when we come to Corning in the fall or winter. It is right at the end of Market Street, so you can walk to stores and restaurants. We like being able to have a few drinks with dinner without taking a cab.

The staff is friendly and professional. We stayed in a remodeled room with a king bed and modern decor and everything is clean and well kept. The beds were comfortable. They let us check in early which was appreciated.

What I don't like about this hotel is the architecture is ugly. It's a huge modern textured concrete building and it doesn't fit in with the rest of Corning. It's jarring to come from the old fashioned cute downtown into this ugly, stark structure. The lobby is ok, it's a little dated in a way that is hard to fix - textured concrete walls, tiny elevators. It's too bad that whoever designed this place didn't do something that would fit in with the town and have an entrance closer to Market Street.

Still we do keep coming back here because of the location, cleanliness and trouble free stays..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Be careful if book you Radisson web site because I did and was not able to cancel or change to another Radisson hotel when my traveling plans got altered. The fine print says no refunds, no cancellations or adjustments can be made. I have never heard of this nonsense from another hotel before.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank AM379
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Corning, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
We apologize for the problems you encountered while staying at our hotel. We take your comments very seriously and will use them for training and to improve our standards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Staybridge Suites Corning
Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post
Fairfield Inn Corning Riverside
Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning
Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads

Been to Radisson Hotel Corning? Share your experiences!