“Very happy with stay.”

Radisson Hotel Corning
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Corning
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed for 2 nights with my husband and 2 yr old in the Presidential Suite. Excellent Customer Service, Nice Clean Room, ate breakfast in the restaurant which was fantastic. Had the Eggs Mornay, unbelievably good. Room Service for lunch was above and beyond what traditional hotel food usually is and farely priced. We would recommend this hotel to friends and family.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kokomony
There are newer reviews for Radisson Hotel Corning

Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We stayed for a week over the Christmas holidays. The entire staff was great. Although not a new hotel, we enjoyed our stay. Never did find our sleep number. We did walk out the back door and onto Market Street which was nice. We also used the indoor pool and the outdoor hot tub. Restaurant and bar were also convenient.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 27, 2012

This is at least our 3rd stay at this property in as many years. When staying over Christmas in 2011, I noticed that they had begun renovating parts of the property. This visit over Christmas 2012, it seems that they may have done some additional renovations, but definitely stopped short of a complete reno of the entire property. The carpet in our main building guest room was clean but very dated. But this isn't where my complaints about the property lie.

I have always felt that this was one of the better hotels in the Corning area with clean, comfortable rooms and good customer service. Our room was clean this time, but not fully functioning which I found inexcusable. The hotel was practically empty so why were we put in a room that should have been off-line? Here's a run-down of the "service" mistakes:

I checked in at around 8:30 p.m. I was welcomed as a Club Carlson member and promptly received my keys and my breakfast vouchers (which were included with the rate I paid). We went to our second floor room and I found a welcome note on the bed wishing that I enjoy the welcome amenity they had left for me. There was no amenity left in the room. I went back down to the front desk a little while later and inquired what the note was about. The front desk attendant seemed a bit flustered by this oversight, apologized, and offered me two candy bars. This was very minor but set the tone for other "oversights".

The next morning after waking up and wanting to take a shower, I discovered that the shower did not work. The water would flow into the tub, but the diverter would not work to send water up to the shower head. So, we didn't take any showers that morning of our departure and were somewhat grumpy because of it. We didn't have time to wait for someone from maintainence to come to the room to look at it, nor were we going to switch rooms at 6:30 a.m. either just to shower.

We went to breakfast in the restaurant. One of us had eggs over easy which were delivered undercooked/runny (the whites were still running). Ugh. We were in a rush, so we just sucked it up and continued to eat what we could so that we could hit the road on-time.

At check-out, I addressed the issue about the shower with the desk attendant, who was apologetic but didn't seem to think that any compensation was needed. So, I ended up paying full full rate for a room which wasn't working. If housekeeping were doing their job correctly, they would have discovered that the shower didn't work!

Next time my schedule calls for me to stay in Corning, I won't be giving this Radisson Hotel another try. While not a "full-service" hotel, I think the Staybridge Suites might be a better choice, or otherwise the HGI in Horseheads.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank CatskillMountainMan
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We stay at this hotel every year when we come to Corning in the fall or winter. It is right at the end of Market Street, so you can walk to stores and restaurants. We like being able to have a few drinks with dinner without taking a cab.

The staff is friendly and professional. We stayed in a remodeled room with a king bed and modern decor and everything is clean and well kept. The beds were comfortable. They let us check in early which was appreciated.

What I don't like about this hotel is the architecture is ugly. It's a huge modern textured concrete building and it doesn't fit in with the rest of Corning. It's jarring to come from the old fashioned cute downtown into this ugly, stark structure. The lobby is ok, it's a little dated in a way that is hard to fix - textured concrete walls, tiny elevators. It's too bad that whoever designed this place didn't do something that would fit in with the town and have an entrance closer to Market Street.

Still we do keep coming back here because of the location, cleanliness and trouble free stays..

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Be careful if book you Radisson web site because I did and was not able to cancel or change to another Radisson hotel when my traveling plans got altered. The fine print says no refunds, no cancellations or adjustments can be made. I have never heard of this nonsense from another hotel before.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank AM379
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Corning, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

We apologize for the problems you encountered while staying at our hotel. We take your comments very seriously and will use them for training and to improve our standards.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on November 9th and had an OK stay. Check-in, lobby, staff were fine. The room was VERY dated - in dire need of updating. That said, the bed was very comfortable and very good pillows. The bathroom was OK - nothing special, yet the shower head and water pressure were great! Our breakfast was very good and the restaurant staff very friendly.

Besides the room, my other negative comment is the live music they have on Friday evenings. Our room (328) was only two rooms in and the music was VERY LOUD and VERY annoying. We were not told during our check-in about the music that evening and that our room would be in a position for us to hear the music clearly. I would have appreciated a "heads up" so that we could have requested a room farther away.

Overall, a decent hotel and would consider staying again.

Room Tip: If a Friday night, away from the music!!!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Typhoon925
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This hotel is a gem! The rooms are amazing if you have a renovated room with a king bed. But the very best part about this place is the restaurant! The breakfast service is First class! Amazing breakfast! The chef is great! The healthy sundae is unbelievable and the egg white omelet with veggies and cheese is the best I have ever had anywhere! The service is first class! A few of the ladies have worked there over 30 years! They are truly amazing!
You can also walk down the street to have dinner at great restaurants, Then walk back to the hotel after you had a drink at dinner . We always enjoy going to this hotel when we go to Corning on business.
The museum is also in walking distance. One of the best museums I have ever visited.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a king and its a renovated room. The queens are small.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Kersten H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Staybridge Suites Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
#3 of 7 in Painted Post
Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads

Been to Radisson Hotel Corning? Share your experiences!