“will not change or cancel room”

Radisson Hotel Corning
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Corning
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“will not change or cancel room”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Be careful if book you Radisson web site because I did and was not able to cancel or change to another Radisson hotel when my traveling plans got altered. The fine print says no refunds, no cancellations or adjustments can be made. I have never heard of this nonsense from another hotel before.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank AM379
Carlson Hotels C, Online Customer Support at Radisson Hotel Corning, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
We apologize for the problems you encountered while staying at our hotel. We take your comments very seriously and will use them for training and to improve our standards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Orchard Park, NY
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on November 9th and had an OK stay. Check-in, lobby, staff were fine. The room was VERY dated - in dire need of updating. That said, the bed was very comfortable and very good pillows. The bathroom was OK - nothing special, yet the shower head and water pressure were great! Our breakfast was very good and the restaurant staff very friendly.

Besides the room, my other negative comment is the live music they have on Friday evenings. Our room (328) was only two rooms in and the music was VERY LOUD and VERY annoying. We were not told during our check-in about the music that evening and that our room would be in a position for us to hear the music clearly. I would have appreciated a "heads up" so that we could have requested a room farther away.

Overall, a decent hotel and would consider staying again.

Room Tip: If a Friday night, away from the music!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Typhoon925
Aurora, Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This hotel is a gem! The rooms are amazing if you have a renovated room with a king bed. But the very best part about this place is the restaurant! The breakfast service is First class! Amazing breakfast! The chef is great! The healthy sundae is unbelievable and the egg white omelet with veggies and cheese is the best I have ever had anywhere! The service is first class! A few of the ladies have worked there over 30 years! They are truly amazing!
You can also walk down the street to have dinner at great restaurants, Then walk back to the hotel after you had a drink at dinner . We always enjoy going to this hotel when we go to Corning on business.
The museum is also in walking distance. One of the best museums I have ever visited.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a king and its a renovated room. The queens are small.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Kersten H
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Always a pleasure to stay here. The restaurant and bar folks are exceptional. The front desk has greatly improved with professional greetings and smiles. My husband was there on business and I came back to my hometown to visit. It is so nice to be rembered and "welcomed back" each time we are guests at The Radisson.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed October 22, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a wedding at the hotel, i think our room was located above the kitchen as it stunk of indian food all the time, and to be honest the room was nothing special, the staff is great, very helpful. But the sleep by numbers bed is like sleeping on an air mattress, also they queen size bed was more like a double but it did lead to a fun game of nearly catapulting my wife off the bed while getting into bed

• Stayed October 2012
Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We just spent the night at the Radisson Corning and it was surprisingly nice. I had stayed there before and the place is better..........except in the morning when they are cleaning the rooms and have a fleet of room carts overloaded with junk littering the halls and a third rate team of staff very much in presence.

I had a suite which was nice and as the costs here are low.....$150 for a room, $250 for a suite, it was an easy luxury.

Breakfast room service came promptly and the omelettes were fine. Bar downstairs was fine.

Good choice

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Maastricht, Netherlands
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for one night. Arriving around five p.m. we had to circle the hotel twice to find a parking spot. In the end we found the last one. Lucky, since there were only paid parking spots left. In the car we sat doubting if we had arrived at the right hotel, the exterior of the hotel is poor, brownish/beige concrete and depressing brown windows. Also there was an improvised fire going on on the grass of the hotel that made the parking lot filled with smoke.(Later on, our waitress in the restaurant told us, they were cooking lobster on the fire). Not a great first impression. Checking in was quick with friendly staff, but the lobby is quite small because of the waterworks and was also bustling with people as there was a whine tasting going on, making people stand in lines and thus blocking the way to the check-in and elevators. We had a room on the second floor and were surprised by the dark and out dated looking hallways. The room was relatively clean, we had a room with double beds, but like the hallway the room was also dark and outdated, with a large dark wood desk and enormous cabinet hiding the tv. I also wondered when the last time the dark carpet had been cleanded as it was full of stains and dust. The bathroom was better, more modern looking, but if you looked closely you could see the wallpaper hanging loose at some places, dents and scratches in the furniture and mold along the bath. Normally I would not be so negative in a review or even pay attention to small things like dents and scratches, but I was unpleasantly surprised with the hotel and the room, after reading all the raving reviews here on tripadvisor. Perhaps the hotel is visited by locals or people who have been coming for years? I must give compliments to the restaurant of the hotel, and the staff there. Dinner was wonderfull (lovely vegetables with the entree) and tasted great. The waiting staff went out of their way to make us feel welcome and gave great advice on the food. Even checked with the chef with every order because of allergies my sister has whom I was traveling with. However, I would not return here, as the money I paid for one night at this hotel was not worth it. Next time in Corning/Finger lakes region, I´d chose somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Michele D, Manager at Radisson Hotel Corning, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Dear Miss Road Trip,

Thank you for your review of your experiences at the Hotel. I wanted to personally respond and express my apologies for some of the disappoints you encountered. First and foremost, I am very sorry that parking was sparce, but was glad to hear that you found the last spot. The exterior of the Hotel, although not to everyone's liking was built in a different era, and we do our best to create a warm welcoming atmosphere upon arrival with sincere smiles. On the evening of your arrival our community was celebrating the Annual Jazz & Harvest Festival with live music and a favorite to visitors, the clam and lobster bake. I'm sorry that this inconvenienced you and I certainly understand when you aren't expecting such an event, it can be frustrating to happen upon. I apologize for the darkness of your guestroom and will make sure that all your suggestions are passed on to our Executive Housekeeper. Thank you for your kind words regarding your experience in the Grill 1-2-5, specifically the staff members and the front desk team as well. I hope that when you travel to Corning in the future you give us another opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations. We are just completing renovations, and I believe you would be pleasantly surprised if you gave us another opportunity.

Please feel free to contact me directly via e-mail or phone if I could be of assistance or you would like to discuss your concerns further.

Most sincere,

Michele Donegan
607-962-5000 ext. 125
michele.donegan@radisson.com
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Staybridge Suites Corning
Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
#3 of 7 in Painted Post

Been to Radisson Hotel Corning? Share your experiences!