“On the search for a good night's sleep”

Radisson Hotel Corning
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Corning
GreenLeadersBronze level
Ottawa, Canada
“On the search for a good night's sleep”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2012

The location of the hotel was excellent. The ambiance of the hotel was very nice. My room was quiet. I was a bit worried when I saw a couple of people come in with their dogs, and another person yell "my room is the party room", but once in my room I didn't hear a sound all night. TV was good. Restaurant was OK. However, one of the treats for me when I go away is to sleep in a really, really comfortable bed. I did not have the opportunity at this hotel.
The first night half the bed was like an air mattress, and the other half was rock hard. I couldn't figure it out, but I certainly didn't have a comfortable bed! In the morning, I mentioned the bed problem to the man at the front desk. He said "oh it is a sleep number bed. You have to adjust the bed". This would have been very valuable information when I was checking IN, not after I had spent a night there. So, I looked on the night table for this remote, as directed. No where. So, I called the front desk. He called head of maintenance. This man was wonderful. But he is having a tough time there. One wonderful person does not make an A1 team. He found the two remotes hidden under the bed. He "pumped" the other side of the bed. My question.....shouldn't the housekeeping person have put the remotes on the night tables, not hidden under the bed (BOTH of them). And didn't she make the bed TWICE, and didn't fix the bed. And didn't she notice the stains on the carpet?? 0 for the housekeeper. 10 for the head of maintenance. Or 25. He was wonderful. They did give me a complimentary breakfast, but I really would have liked a "hotel good sleep".

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank MaggieK126

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Pasadena, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2012

For business, I need to frequently travel to upstate NY. The Corning Radisson is always my first choice. Quaint location. Comfortable, cozy, good cable TV with a nice restaurant for all meals - if you choose to dine in. Can easily walk one block to many other local restaurants if you choose. Many times they have been fully booked and I unfortunately had to stay elsewhere. I have found the other hotels do not compare with the overall pleasant service, atmosphere and conditions that this Radisson provides.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank Rick W
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2012

On a recent drive from NYC to Toronto, my group (3 women) stayed in Corning as it is exactly half-way between the two cities. This hotel turned out to be an excellent choice as a) it was good value b) the room was spacious, clean and comfortable c) the service was superb and d) the hotel is located at the base of Main Street - an absolutely charming place to walk and shop. We ordered pizza from a restaurant a few doors down and it was close to the best pizza we've ever had. Thanks, Dan (at reception), for helping to make our one-night pit stop in Corning a memorable one.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank CarlaS26
Mount Pocono, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2012

Thank you for a great getaway! We parked our car at the hotel and didn't need it until we left. Conveniently located at the end of Market Street, we enjoyed three days of shopping, eating, and sights all by foot. On our last night we relaxed in the outdoor hot tub in the winter weather. The hotel was very clean, quite, and run by friendly and hospitable staff. Hope to see you all again!

P.S. Sign up for the Radisson E-Rewards, we saved $25.00 and earned 100,000 Gold points!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Beyond_all_Borders
New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

I have been very pleased with the Corning Radisson and their staff. We have booked numerous conferences here and everything goes off without a hitch. They are very accomodating, the food is great and they have recently renovated which makes it even better! The hotel is within walking distance of Market St. where visitors will find quaint stores and restaurants.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank kym72
youngsville, nc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

very nice hotel close to downtown area and hospitals. Staff was execellent

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mkeane32
Pittsburgh, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

This is our third stay at the Radisson Hotel in Corning. We stay in the main part of the hotel because we enjoy being close to the restaurant and bar areas. Our room is always clean and well maintained. Would have preferred a regular mattress instead of the Sleep Member bed but, to be fair, we did not adjust the setting and the bed was quite hard. The bar usually has entertainment on weekends which is enjoyable. This hotel is convenient to the Corning Glass Museum as well as to Market Street which is a close walk from the hotel. Market Street has a nice variety of restaurants which fits the needs of any palet. There are a number of stores on this street consisting of antiques, glass and variety stores. Would recommend this hotel to couples and families for it's convenience and cleanliness.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PittsburghTravelers2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Staybridge Suites Corning
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Corning
Fairfield Inn Corning Riverside
Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post
Hampton Inn Elmira/Horseheads
Hilton Garden Inn Elmira / Corning

Been to Radisson Hotel Corning? Share your experiences!