“Clean, pretty and friendly!”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Corning
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Overall a very nice hotel if you are in Corning. Clean and pretty lobby. Rooms are spacious, clean and nicely decorated, and the shower was great --hot and powerful. Breakfast was typical for this type of hotel, but slightly better than average, with more choices of fresh fruit (apples, oranges, bananas), and two kinds of waffles. Another thing that put this hotel above average was the real friendliness of all of the staff that we encountered --at the front desk, at breakfast, etc. Hotel is close to the Corning Museum of Glass and easy to find. Would definitely recommend if you are in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Happy Holidays! Thank you for staying with us and for posting your review. You hit upon an often overlooked feature of our hotel - great water pressure in the shower! We appreciate the compliments on the decor, our hot breakfast and cleanliness of the hotel. I am especially happy to read about the friendliness of my staff. They are a great bunch and pride themselves on their dedication to service. I will be passing on your comments to them. Thank you again and safe travels.

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

Susan greeted us with a smile! We did not have our room booked and were arriving late. She worked to give us the best rate possible. She offered a rollaway for our child, and she delivered it with extra towels, toiletries, blankets, pillows, etc. We were so appreciative of how she went out of her way to accommodate us, and we were okay with just the standard service. She apparently was not! We got a great deal, fantastic service from Susan, and free breakfast for a family of 5. You cannot beat that! Oh, and for once, the ventilation unit (heat, since it is November) was not noisy!

• Stayed: November 2013
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for the fantastic comments regarding our ace Susan. She truly loves to give superior service to our guests and it shows. She actually blushed when I read her your comments. For Susan, the reward is the service not the praise. Thank you once again!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

Small but comfortable room with fridge and mw. Not sure if I saw a coffee machine. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Decent choice available for breakfast, and this makes it better than some of the other places. Convenient location - quiet a few shops nearby.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Hello and yes, indeed you did see a coffee maker in the room. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for posting your comments. My staff was very pleased to read your comments about their friendliness and helpfulness. They take hospitality seriously. We hope that we can host you again should you pass through our area again!

Mange takk,

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Prices good but that's it. Non smoking but it still smells of smoke. Room old, furniture old, sink cracked, windows dirty, some windows clouded from broken seals, breakfast was a mob scene with 1 lady cooking and restocking. Only a limited amount of tables to use, maybe 10 but needed 20. Ran out of some foods and substituted other food(?). NO ELEVATOR. Carpets stained in room and hallways. Doors close hard in rooms so there is no quiet way to get out of your room - someone is always slamming a room door. Get what you pay for I guess.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your stay in my hotel. I would like to apologize as you did not receive the type of service that this hotel is known for. If you would like to discuss your stay further, please contact me directly at the hotel. Thank you again for posting your review.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Comfort Inn in Corning, NY at the end of September. We had the most memorable time. I put on my reservation under "notes" that we were celebrating our 5 year wedding anniversary. We planned to visit some of the wineries in that area for our anniversary. When we arrived to the fron tdesk the woman behind the counter wished us a happy anniversary. We got to our room and found a bottle of wine and a very nice anniversary card from the staff. (I'd like to note that the card was from hallmark, not just one from their cardstock :)) The room was very nice, a comfy bed, nice bathroom, microwave, refridgerator and the A/C was on. Each time we went to the front desk we were greeted by great staff and wished a Happy Anniversary. We will definitely stay there again the next time we're in that area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

I am so glad you enjoyed your anniversary at our hotel! They are truly special occasions to be celebrated. I was very pleased to read that your were happy with the room and with the service provided by my staff. I hope you were able to enjoy the many great activities our area has to offer and that your trip made for a great anniversary. Thank you for posting your comments and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights clean and friendly hotel. Staff nice and helpful, we walked to Market street and local Wegmans,and even the the Italian American Legion. We golfed and wine toured the area, we will definitely come back again. Breakfasts were included and always hot and lots for seconds.

Room Tip: We had a corner room it was nice and quiet
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank likequietness
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for your recap of your trip to our area. It sounds like you had a great time visiting some of our great attractions. We love to hear this! Thank you also for the kind words regarding your stay in our hotel. I will pass on your comments about the cleanliness of the hotel and the friendliness of the staff. They take great pride in providing exceptional service. We hope to see you again, perhaps with the completion of the new gallery at the Corning Museum of Glass! Thanks again.

Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

Standard comfort inn quality: clean, comfortable beds, all basic amenities. I stayed overnight on my way to Niagara and it fit my needs well. However, I could hear the neighbor's TV all night. Request an end room or next to a vacant room.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for choosing us as your stopover point on your trip to Niagara. I was happy to read that you had a good stay and that you found the room clean and comfortable. I do apologize for the television noise from the guest next door to you.
Please come visit us again and leave some time to visit some of the great attractions in our region such as the Corning Museum of Glass, the Rockwell Museum and the Finger Lakes wineries. Thank you again.

Comfort Inn Corning

Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
Staybridge Suites Corning
Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post
Fairfield Inn Corning Riverside
Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area
Ramada Painted Post Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
#3 of 7 in Painted Post

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!