“Comfy and Clean”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Corning
Larksville, Pennsylvania
“Comfy and Clean”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We had a nice stay here last year for our anniversary. We stayed a long weekend and used Corning as a jumping off point for the finger lakes. The hotel was clean and quiet, and breakfast was nice. All the staff was friendly. There is no elevator here - not a problem but something to be aware of if that is an issue for you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Hello and thank you for posting your comments on your stay last year. I am glad you found the hotel to be clean and quiet and the breakfast nice. I hope you had a great anniversary and got to enjoy the many great attractions in this area. Many other guests also use the hotel as a jumping off spot for this region and we are well located. Thank you again and maybe we will see you on your upcoming anniversary!

Comfort Inn Corning

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
New Jersey
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were looking for a no-frills, easy-in-easy-out place to stay for one night during our trip to the Finger Lakes region. We ended up staying a the Comfort Inn in Corning. I'm so glad we did. When we arrived at 3:30 in the morning, the woman at the desk was really kind. When we asked about the safety of our bikes (on top of our car) during the night, she laughed and said that we wouldn't have any problems. It just wasn't that kind of town. We woke up to our bikes (safe) and a quick breakfast in a room just off the hotel lobby. The room was clean and modern. We felt comfortable in the non-smoking room. Simply put, we would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I was happy to read that even at 3:30 in the morning, you were treated well. I will pass that on to my overnight staff. I am glad that you found the room clean and modern. Hopefully you can stay longer on your next visit! Thank you again.

Audubon, New Jersey
Reviewed August 21, 2013

The beds were very comfortable. We enjoyed the free full breakfast, pool, and outdoor sitting area behind the pool. The staff were very friendly at night. In the morning they were outside smoking so I didn't interact with them. We were able to walk to Wegman's which was a nice plus.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 24, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad you found the hotel comfortable and clean and the staff friendly. I am also pleased to see you enjoyed our new patio. We just completed it and are thrilled at how it came out. Fortunately, so are our guests. I hope to be able to host you on a return visit. By the way, isn't our Wegman's a great store?

Brookfield, Connecticut
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My sister and I just returned from our stay at Corning. This hotel was very clean and offered a wonderful breakfast. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location of the hotel was convenient to the Glass Museum, ice cream shop, historical building (right across the street), Market Street ( filled with restaurants and quaint shops), gas station and the highway.
We couldn't have asked for a better experience!!!

Room Tip: Be aware that there is no elevator for second floor
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
I am so glad you had a great stay! It looks like you really took advantage of what Corning has to offer. You also discovered a couple of local gems - The Benjamin Patterson Inn and Hokey Pokey Ice Cream. Thank you for posting your review and the kind comments regarding the staff and the amenities we offer. On your next visit, check out the Rockwell Museum of Western Art. Thanks again!

Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 15, 2013

On a very busy Saturday afternoon we stopped for the night and were offered a large very clean room made ready by the Hotel manager himself. The king bed was truly amazing. Firm pillow top mattress,down comforter,plenty of comfy pillows and a serene night's sleep. Full breakfast next AM, WiFi,friendly welcoming staff. Our second time in this hotel and recommend it highly.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
I am so happy you enjoyed our beds! Not surprisingly, we get many compliments on them. I was also glad to read your comments about the breakfast, wifi and welcoming staff. As for the comment about the hotel manager...I just hope it doesn't go to my head! Thanks again.

Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

I stay in hotels 300+nights yearly, so I appreciate the hard work they did at this hotel to make my stay an awsome one. The building and grounds are well maintained, the interior is clean and the hallway is clean and fresh. Sue checked me in quickly and I found my room to be clean and comfortable. Overall, a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for posting your comments. I always enjoy reading reviews by seasoned travelers such as yourself. I will be sure to let Sue know you mentioned her name. Like all of us, she is very dedicated to providing our guests a great experience. Thanks again.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Very friendly staff and helpful! The pool was closed due to renovations. Not good! The beds were comfortable, nice lobby, some better breakfast choices. The blanket had hairs on it. I definitely was creeped out.

Room Tip: Ask or look at bed linens.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
I would like to apologize for the issues with the bedding and the pool. While not our finest moment, I was glad to read that you found my staff very friendly and helpful. I hope you give us another opportunity on your next trip through our area. I am sure you will have a much better experience. Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments.

Comfort Inn Corning
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
Staybridge Suites Corning
Fairfield Inn Corning Riverside
Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post
Ramada Painted Post Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
#3 of 7 in Painted Post
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Big Flats (Elmira)

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!