“Friendly and Clean”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Corning
Beamsville, Canada
“Friendly and Clean”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel in May 2013 for 3 nights. We wanted a fully non smoking hotel with a pool, as a result we did not have many to choose from. Therefore we consider ourselves very lucky that the Comfort Inn worked out so well for us. The ladies at the front desk were so nice, helpful and welcoming. The room was very clean, we did not hesitate to allow our baby to crawl around the room (and believe me if there was something to be found, she would have found it). The breakfast was okay, it was disappointing that they only 1 highchair (thankfully we have a portable highchair). The pool and the surrounding deck was clean, the towels were a little small, but they always had a large pile of clean folded towels by the pool. We were happily surprised when we found out that we were able to borrow dvd's from the front desk to watch in our room. To top it off the inn is located nicely to walk to the museum and downtown. The whole visit was very pleasant and we would not hesitate to recommend the Comfort Inn to anyone.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Greetings! I am so glad everything worked out well for you on your stay here in Corning. My team will really appreciate your comments as they are very dedicated to making every guests' stay a great one. I also hope you enjoyed the Museum of Glass. Next time, try the Rockwell Museum of Western Art or one of the many wineries that encircle the nearby Finger Lakes.

Thomas D. Magnusen, CHA
Comfort Inn Corning

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Courtland, Virginia, United States
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The employees very helpful. Lobby looks nice and clean. They let us check in early which was very nice. Since our room wasn't ready let us have an upgrade if we didn't mind being on the second floor. Lol. It wasn't an up grade since this is the type of room I made my reservation for. However it was nice to be able to get into a room early They directed us to the back entrance which our room was right at the top OMG. The stairs were filthy cigarette butts all over place. On the widow seal people has put them out bird dropping. The emergency light, one was hanging by a wire dangling. The railing which I do need to climb the steps had food or something behind them ugh. They offer a breakfast. The room in general is very nice But the paper work such as the tv channel guide is not updated.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Hello and thank you for taking time to pass on your comments regarding your stay. I do apologize for the issues you point out. They have been addressed and will not occur again as they do not meet the standard for this hotel. I am thankful you spoke up so that we may use this situation to ensure all our guests receive the best possible hospitality.

Thomas D. Magnusen, CHA
Tesimo, Italy
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We came by on our way to the niagara falls and stayed overnight only. So I can't say much about the pool. We got a huge room for just around 90$+tax which is quite convenient. It was close to the air conditioning system so the room was a "shaking" a bit. We thought that this couldn't become a good night but it turned out that it was not disturbing at all. The breakfast buffet is big, so I'd recommend it

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hons82
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Hello and thank you for choosing to stay with us on your stopover on your way to Niagara Falls. I am so glad you had a nice and restful stay with us. I only wish you had the time to enjoy some of the wonderful attractions of the Southern Finger Lakes region! Perhaps next time. Thank you again.

Waldport, Oregon
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We are on a cross country trip to see America. We are staying and middle priced chain motels. We decided to stay at this Comfort Inn in Corning New York because of the price and location. It's within easy walking distance of the Corning Glass Museum, the main purpose of our visit.

The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Outstanding staff made us feel welcome from the minute we walked through the door. Good breakfast. Although I didn't use it, the indoor pool looked good, nice and clean.

A drawback..there are no restaurants within easy walking distance. If you are young (we are not), you will have no problem walking the little over 1/2 mile to the old Main Street (gaffer row)...to find outstanding restaurants...

Room Tip: We stayed on the back side of the hotel...overlooking a neighborhood..slept with our window open two...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank travelingirishmen
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you for making us part of your cross country tour! I have always wanted to take one of these myself. Thank you so much for all the kind words about our staff and our hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed yourselves. Safe travels!

east coast
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed at the comfort Inn corning for 2 nights while visiting the Fingers Lakes. check in was quick and easy - lady at front desk was very helpful and gave suggestions of things to do. Offered late checkout since we choice members. the hotel also had a list of dvds to watch and dvd players in each room. Never had that before. Rooms were spacious and beds very comfortable. bathroom was a bit small but manageable. Breakfast was just ok - nothing special. The only problem really was the heat/ac. Whenever the heat came on it made a bit of a racket at first. and it would shut on and off constantly. Would stay here again when visiting Corning.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank foodfancierEastCoast
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you so much for reviewing your stay in our hotel. I am glad you found our service and ammenities to your liking. We do get a lot of comments (and offers to purchase!) on our pillowtop mattresses. I do apologize for the heating unit. I will have our engineer look at the unit. Thank you for staying with us. We do hope that you will stay again on your next trip through our area.

Muskoka District, Canada
Reviewed April 20, 2013

1 night. Family road trip. Travelled with 10 & 12 year old. Clean room. comfortable bed. Easy parking. Great pool for kids. Breakfast had great selection but wasn't generally edible. We made due with toasted bagels. Shower and bathrooms were excellent. Front desk staff were great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Hello and welcome back! Thank you for choosing to stay with us again. I am glad you enjoyed your visit and appreciated the comments about the cleanliness, service and the showers. I am sorry the breakfast did not meet your expectations. I will discuss it with my breakfast staff. Thank you once again and I look forward to your next visit.

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I changed my reservation from a more expensive hotel to this Comfort Inn, figuring it was only one night, so good or bad, no big deal. Best Comfort Inn I've ever stayed in! Clean, in good repair, comfortable beds, lots of room to spread out, big bathroom counter, great shower, Fridge and microwave were nice amenities. Sue, the desk clerk, was one of the most helpful I've ever worked with, giving me a map with good restaurants on Market St. and mentioning that a late check-out option was one of the perks they gave Choice Rewards members. Breakfast was excellent--eggs and sausage as well as cereal and fruit. I'd definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Samantha B
GM124, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hello and thanks for making the switch to my hotel! I am glad you enjoyed your stay and all of our features... including Sue! She really does a great job with our guests. I will be sure she knows about your comments. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and for posting your comments.

Comfort Inn Corning
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
#3 of 7 in Painted Post
Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!