“Excellent!”

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Corning
“Excellent!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel on the last night of our vacation. It was a tad pricey, but we knew that going in. The staff couldn't have been nicer. Breakfast was great. In fact, they had the menu posted the night before.

• Stayed September 2012
GM089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
Greetings! Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to post your review. I was so happy to read your comments about the staff and the breakfast. I will be sharing them with everyone here at the property. I hope you enjoyed your visit to our area. Thank you again.

Comfort Inn Corning

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Kailua-Kona, Hawaii
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Four of us ladies decided to stop here overnight on our way to Niagra Falls. The first place we called, tried to take advantage of our late attempt at finding a room. Sue, of the Comfort Inn, was a doll working with us to get us a decent last minute rate and was extremely friendly and accommodating, recommending a good restaurant. The rooms are newly decorated with a modern theme. They are clean with a VERY comfortable bed and sheets. There is a refrig and microwave in the room as well as a nice sized bathroom. Although this is a no smoking property, the hallways still smell of old smoke and the smokers outside the far door don't help. Luckily the rooms don't smell. Breakfast was included--scrambled eggs, sausage, waffes, breads, juice, fruit, coffee/tea.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Teramo48
GM089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Hello. Thank you so much for posting your review of your visit to our property. I am so glad you decided to stop on your way through and that your stay was a good one. I will be happy to pass on your comments about Sue to her. She really does a great job on our desk and we feel fortunate to have her. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us. I hope that the rest of your journey was a success!

Manchester, New Hampshire
Reviewed August 25, 2012

The room was very large, clean, everthing that is needed in a room. I liked the fact we had a love seat and chair in the room instead of one chair and a desk chair. The housekeeping staff did a wonderful job keeping our room clean and stocked with fresh linens. The room was so clean and that is a high priority with me, we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
GM089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 27, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of our property. I was very pleased to read your comments about the cleanliness of your guestroom. My staff take great pride in their work and your comments will provide a nice lift to their day. Thank you again.

Reviewed August 20, 2012 via mobile

Solid job. We checked in late ish on a Sunday night with minor issues( I forgot to order a trundle,etc.). All handled with efficiency and grace. After dinner, ( well recommended) we got to the room which some prior tenant had clearly smoked in. The front desk lady quickly and cleanly swapped us out for another room with no hassle and no complaints.

Kudos on a job well done.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GM089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Hello and thank you for your review. I was glad to see that our staff took good care of you on both occassions. I will be sure to share your comments with them. I was also glad that the dinner recommendation worked out well for you. Thank you again.

New Castle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Nice location. Rooms were newly remodeled. Bathrooms were nice. If you're not going there for a race try to avoid race weekends. The rate was higher because we stayed there during a race. Convenient to interstate. Beautiful historical downtown with many shops.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GM089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Hello. Thank you for your posting. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I was also happy to read that you liked our location, which is very close to our downtown area - Corning's Gaffer District. We are very lucky to have such a beautiful and vibrant downtown. Thank you choosing to stay with us.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We spent two nights at this Comfort Inn on our return journey to Brooklyn. The staff were exceptionally helpful in finding a ground floor room in a fully-booked hotel for us and our many cases. Breakfast was good, the location was convenient for the Corning Glass Museum (wonderful) and Wegman's food store. It wasn't very far from the Rockwell Museum of Western Art (very good) and the area was perfectly safe. We ate at /Sorge's restaurant and were happy with the meal. The local Pudgie's pizza place sold very nice pizzas.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Good Morning. Thank you for your review. I was expecially pleased with your comments regarding my staff. I am also happy that you enjoyed our local attractions. Next time, try some of the approximately 100 wineries that encircle the Finger Lakes.

Reviewed July 20, 2012 via mobile

I rely heavily on trip advisor reviews. The Corning glass museum is really not in walking distance if you have children. The shops and restaurants are cute but the neighborhood to get there is sketchy. If we ever go back, we will try to stay at Radisson which was booked. The breakfast was the best part. The hotel has hundreds of DVDs to borrow but our DVD player stopped working in the middle of movie and the woman at front desk wasn't very helpful. I had to bug her to get another DVD player.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Greetings. Thank you posting your review of our property. I'm glad you enjoyed our hot breakfast and our extensive DVD selection. I appreciate your concern about the neighborhood, however, please be aware that they are all very safe. I hope you enjoyed your stay and your visit to the Corning Museum of Glass. Thank you choosing to stay with us.

Thomas Magnusen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
Staybridge Suites Corning
Fairfield Inn Corning Riverside
Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post
Ramada Painted Post Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
#3 of 7 in Painted Post
Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!