“Very Comfortable!”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Corning
New Hampshire
“Very Comfortable!”
Reviewed June 24, 2012

We chanced upon the Comfort Inn and were happy with our stay. The Simmons BeautyRest Signature mattress was one of the most comfortable mattresses we've slept on. The only odd feature was the height of the beds. I'm only 5"1' and could have used a step! The room was spotless, and the front desk receptionist was terrific. She gave us a room away from " a large family with active kids," which was quite thoughtful. The breakfast was adequate and included in the price of the room -- scrambled eggs, bacon, waffles, fruit, assorted cereals, and bagels, muffins, and toast were available.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
Thank you for posting your comments regarding your stay here in Corning. I am glad to see your enjoyed our mattresses. They have proven to be one of our most mentioned room amenities. You did mention that you could have used a step. We do keep a stock of step stools just for this use. All you need to do is ask at the front desk and one will be provided. Thank you for staying with us.

Thomas Magnusen, CHA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Maplewood, New Jersey
Reviewed June 15, 2012

When visiting Corning recently, my wife and I stayed at the Comfort Inn for one night and found it to be a very good choice. The rooms are large, clean, and well appointed, with good-sized flat-screen tvs with a large array of cable channels available including HBO, refrigerators, safes, good beds, a desk, free wi-fi, and plenty of parking. The location is excellent, as it is just a few blocks from the glass museum and Market Street. Breakfast is included, and while the layout and most of the food are the usual for chain motel "continental" breakfasts, they make an effort to include some hot dishes like scrambled eggs and waffles. Reasonably priced, and we got a better rate by calling directly on the day than booking through the Internet. We did have some noise problems in the evening (stampeding kids above and a loud tv next door), leading me to think that the walls are pretty thin, but all that stopped by 11 PM, and it was perfectly quiet after that.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
GM089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 18, 2012
Greetings! Thank you so much for your comments. We are all happy you had a great stay and enjoyed the ammenities of the hotel. We are fortunate to be able to offer a great mix of features that other hotels do not. Our breakfast is one area where we seem to garner the most points with our guests due to our offerings including the eggs and waffles you mentioned. Our pillowtop mattresses and large televisions are also very popular! Thanks again for your time.

Poughkeepsie, New York
Reviewed May 29, 2012

The Comfort Inn in Corning is consistently one of the better places to stay in Corning, we were just there for Glassfest. It's down the street a bit from the Corning plant and the Corning Museum of Glass (well worth a visit when in town), and within say a quarter mile of the main drag (Market street). The rooms are nice, LCD TVs, alarm clocks, a desk when you can use a laptop, small refrigerator, beds are good, not a suite or anything but adequate. Room cleanliness I would say is very good. Plenty of hot water for a shower, full bath, towels are a bit on the cheap side but adequate (and they give you extras). Wireless worked, but was not particularly fast for internet. 4G LTE works in the rooms. There are no elevators (it's 2-floor), which is a bit unusual, and not good for someone that has heavy bags, and some of the stairwells are a bit narrow, carpet a bit dirty and warn. Breakfast was good, with some variety, but all the basics, some form of cooked eggs, sausage or bacon, variety of breads and bagels (muffins are excellent), premixed waffles (flip over), dry cereal with milk (including skim), variety of juices and water. Front desk staff is very knowledgeable about the area and where to go for various services. Small pool. Nice local drugstore next door. External is well landscaped and maintained. Probably the main caveat I'd have is that it can be a bit pricey during events (and for the general area of NY). And the place has the standard hotel complaint of the doors are pretty loud when shut, you can hear a lot of noise from the hall because the fit is a bit on the loose side, people talking outside are quite easy to hear. Standard mag-strip entry. So gets all the basics right.

Room Tip: If you have heavy bags, try and get something on the first floor, away from the ice machine. Don...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Paul J
GM089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Hello, thank you for your thorough and honest review of my property. I was happy to read that you found the rooms clean and my staff knowledgeable. I have a crew that I am proud of who take good care of our guests. I hope you enjoyed Glassfest and would love to hear feedback on the event as it is only a few years old. Thank you again and I hope to be able to serve you on your next trip through our area. Next time, try the wineries!

Thomas Magnusen
Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 23, 2012

So one thing to be aware of is there is NO elevator - hotel is 2 story. This did not impact us, I just thought some people may want to know when doing their research.
We stayed at the Corning Comfort Inn as we were passing through. We had quite a few hotels in the area to choose from, all around the same price. We chose this hotel because of price, location and amenities. I didn't do any research before reserving a room, because we checked in an hour later! The staff was very friendly and treated us great. We were very happy with our decision! You could tell the hotel had been renovated/updated recently. Our room was modern decor and they paid special attention to the little details. The bed was sooo comfortable. The mattress itself was pretty soft and then there was a mattress pad that made it feel like I slept on a cloud! Most hotels put a mattress pad on because the bed is old, worn out, and hard as a rock. This was not the case at all.
Breakfast was an expanded continental - cereal, fruit, yogurt, waffles, scrambled eggs, and bacon, bagels, biscuits and gravy.
I wish we could have stayed longer because we were real comfortable here. The hotel was quite and I got a GREAT night's sleep!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank LJQueen
GM089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, April 25, 2012
Thank you so much for your comments. I am thrilled that you liked our Simmons Pillow Top mattresses. They have proven to be a huge hit with our guests! There's nothing like sleeping "on a cloud". I am also happy to read about the great service you received from our staff. I am truly blessed with a wonderful group of people who really believe in taking care of our guests like they were their own family. I couldn't be more proud of my staff. I hope that we may host you again on any future trips through our area. Thank you again for your comments and for choosing the Comfort Inn Corning.

Pennsylvania
Reviewed February 8, 2012

I must start out by giving kudos to the staff . Its nice when you have people who understand how it feels to essentially live in hotels. They have gone above and beyond expectations. Have added extra staff to clean our rooms during non peak hours. And just super friendly and willing to help in anyway. Thank you!

As far as the hotel goes. Its nicely decorated, I switched rooms to a king suite after being in a double room so I have experienced both. And both have been nicely decorated, very clean and up to date. Nice too see them offer a simple amenity like q-tips and cotton balls in every room. Doesnt seem like a big deal but these are the little things I look for.

From what i have seen all rooms have nice Philips LCD's. I dont watch tv much so I can say anything about the channel lineup. But they also have dvd players and a library of dvd movies you can choose from for your entertainment. Breakfast is better than any other comfort inn ive been in. Nice to see them change it up every day. The showers have excellent pressure. Another thing I look for and consider a must. Every room has a microwave and refrigerator. Plenty of lighting and electrical outlets. Again, extra outlets are a must with all of todays electronics. And finally the mattresses, ahh Simmons pillow top. Oh my what a different from the last comfort inn I stayed in.

All in all like I told the staff today. This is hands down the nicest Comfort Inn I have stayed in to date. Congrats to the management and staff for doing a fine job.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank davebressi
GM089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 10, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments! I am very proud of my staff and my property and will be happy to pass on your remarks. Thank you again.
Muskoka District, Canada
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I can't say enough for the ladies that worked there. Middle of the road motel. Awesome staff! Thank you. Comfortable room and they had our 2 roll away beds already setup when we arrived. Great location. Very close to restaurants and the glass factory. Pool was old but the kids didn't care.....5 foot deep at one end made up for it. Breakfast buffet was well stocked and clean.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank MuskokaRed
GM089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Hello, thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your stay at my hotel. I am thrilled to pass on your comments to my staff. It will mean a great deal to them as they really do care! Please remember us on your next trip through our area.
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Six years ago, my family stayed at another hotel in Corning which I felt was over-priced. I read the bad reviews for that hotel and the good reviews for Comfort Inn so decided to try Comfort. The hotel has been recently remodeled and looks very nice. Our room was exceptionaly nice and one of the better rooms that I have stayed in and certainly a good value. New beds (very comfortable) and carpet. Microwave and fridge. Hairdryer, iron, everything you expect but no longer get. Check-in was great. My family was in town for the Sparkle Parade and to visit Corning Glass. The man at the check in told us we could easily walk to the parade, gave us a map and answered all our questions. The breakfast was very good, lots of choices and kept well-stocked. We enjoyed the pool too. The hotel was a 10 min walk to downtown Corning, coffee shops and Wegmans 5-10 min walk. Corning Glass within walking distance too, maybe a couple of blocks. I like to take an early morning run while traveling and this location was great for that. I would definitely stay here again, we were sorry that we had to leave!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank centralnyr
GM089, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 12, 2011
Thank you for your comments. I am so happy you enjoyed your stay in Corning. Please join us for some of our summer events as well.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
Staybridge Suites Corning
Fairfield Inn Corning Riverside
Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post
Ramada Painted Post Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
#3 of 7 in Painted Post
Holiday Inn Express Painted Post - Corning Area

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!