“Ewwwww! and theifs!”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Corning
Poughkeepsie, New York
“Ewwwww! and theifs!”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Disgusting. Unsafe feeling. DIRTY. Creepy.
And to boot - they knowingly* DOUBLE CHARGED me and can't give me a refund. "The manager does that who's only in on Mondays from 6p-8p. Call then"
OMG!

*When I was checking in and the front desk was about to run my card, another office person said to the guy that my credit card was already billed. He gave her a look like she was crazy, kinda shrugged and swiped the card. Sure enough, the statement came in with TWO charges that day.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank LuvFlying
Budgetinncorning, Front Office Manager at Budget Inn Corning, responded to this review, September 15, 2015
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review, on behalf of our entire team i would like to apologize for any issues. you may have experienced during your stay, we are working with our Housekeeping and Maintenance team to help solve as many issue that come up as possible. please feel free to contact me anytime with and questions or concerns, we hope to see you again so that we may exceed your expectations and hope you have a wonderful summer.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This "motel" should be marketed as some sort of cut rate horror ride. I truly think that the hotel was abandoned and taken over by an itinerant band of sadist swindlers. "Shabby" and "run-down" do not begin to describe the decrepitude of this disgusting, filthy, falling apart mess. I was truly afraid that I was going to fall through the sagging rotted flooring with every step I took. In the middle of the night a piece of the bathroom door molding fell off with a resounding "bang" that woke me in terror. I did not want to touch anything with my skin. The poor teenage girl at the desk had a very rudimentary command of English, and I felt sorry for her, I believe she has been kidnapped and pressed into servitude by her unscrupulous uncle. She tried to get ice, but it was a long, laborious process involving multiple phone calls in a foreign tongue. Be afraid, be very afraid and avoid this place like the plague.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Tim J
Rochester, New York
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Stayed with my teenaged son while attending races at Watkins Glen. Only room we could find for Saturday night. Buildings and grounds unkempt was just the start. Room barely big enough for two double beds, shabby dresser, small fridge and microwave. It smelled damp and musty. Kicked off shoes and pulled off socks to discover carpet felt damp and sticky. My son discovered sheets with multiple yellow stains. Picked up phone to call front desk to get clean sheets and the phone did not work, plus the receiver was sticky and phone filthy. Went to office to complain and staff came to change bed. "Clean" sheets were stained too!

No cockroaches or bedbugs but we did have ants. Cute little black ones.

Bathroom cramped and dingy. Hot water came after running tap or shower for several minutes. Didn't last long either. Barely managed to get the soap out of my hair (and I'm nearly bald.)

Yes, the WiFi was free and did work well enough to check email. Just don't try streaming from Netflix. And there was a fairly new Sony flat-screen TV on the wall. It worked well enough to see the exciting local news on YNN so there must have been Time Warner Cable too.

Be suspicious of the positive reviews. The hotel is NOT the closest to Corning Museum. Check maps! Staybridge suites and Days Inn are walking distance.

I must have stayed at a worse hotel sometime in my life, but I can't remember when. I would have to be desperate to stay at this place again. Might even rather sleep in the car.

To quote my son: "With a coat of paint, new carpets, new beds, new sheets, and new furniture this place could probably be mediocre."

Corning has some interesting things to see. Book well ahead for summer visits!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Douglas C
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 13, 2012

took my 2 teenage girls on a road trip to niagara falls through corning with a return through scranton, pa. to visit the lackawanna coal mine. fabulous and eventful car trip. definitely recommended. our first stop was at this budget inn where we found rooms that were clean and secure. the staff was without exception welcoming, informative and incredibly accomodating. we were even made a special breakfast to send us on our way and garments that were left behind were mailed to us free-of-charge! the location was smack in the middle of the national soaring museum and corning, new york, where we visited the glass works --- and well situated to visit nearby state parks for hiking as well. the motel itself abuts a beautiful golf course suitable for jogging or a long walk. a great start to a wonderful vacation.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lisa s
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor review, on behalf of our entire team i would like to thank you . It was our pleasure to have you as our guest , we are working with our Housekeeping and Maintenance team helping guests serve better in different ways . please feel free to contact me anytime with and questions or concerns, we hope to see you again so that we may exceed your expectations and hope you have a wonderful summer.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed August 14, 2012

If you are just passing through and just want to spend the night, then this motel is just fine. If you don't mind a little shabby and run down hotel, then you can stay here. The shower don't have that much water pressure. Aesthetically, bathroom wasn't that well-put together.... But hey, if you don't mind that... then this motel is just right for you!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Campbell, New York
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This isn't even a 1 star motel. I stayed there a couple of days ago and the furniture was all beat up, the floors nasty and it was dirty. There was no iron or ironing board, and no blow dryer or coffee pot. There was a nice TV, microwave and fridge, but that was it. The tiles on the bathroom floor were all broken...it was just plain nasty, and it stunk to high heaven. To top it all off, I started noticing little bites all over my arms. I went to the doctor and they told me they looked like bedbug bites. I called the owners of this motel and they informed me that they did not have bedbugs. I told them and I don't get bites so this is unusual for me and they said they would go into the room I stayed and and then called me back. Surprise...I received no call back. If I were you, I would drive right on by and pay a little more for a room. Its not work coming home with bedbugs.

Room Tip: dont stay here
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sandra P
Reviewed July 1, 2012

This place is so disgusting I'm not even sure where to begin. The minute we walked into our room (133) I was hit by a strong musty odor. The floors are uneven and the carpet is badly stained to the point that I will not walk barefoot in the room. The furniture is old and very damaged. The box spring of our bed was patched with duct tape in one area. The AC works well but is very loud. I think the towels started out white but are now stained brown. The shower is probably the smallest shower I've ever stepped foot in. Also the water alternates from scalding hot to freezing cold no matter what temperature you have it set on. No hair dryer, iron, or coffee pot. Surprisingly there is a fridge and microwave. And to top it all off we found roaches in the bathroom. Do not even consider staying in this dump.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank Amiet521
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
#6 of 7 in Painted Post
Ramada Painted Post Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
#3 of 7 in Painted Post

Been to Budget Inn Corning? Share your experiences!