“Comfortable and relaxing stay at Rosewood Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Rosewood Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Corning
Rosewood Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Corning B&B and Inns
Granville, New York
“Comfortable and relaxing stay at Rosewood Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

Stayed here for one night after seeing our son on Parents weekend at college. It is situated in town, on a side street. Very close walking proximity to awesome shopping and cool restaurants on Market Street and museums. Go to the Market Street Brew Pub!! Excellent Burgers! Just ask Stewart!

The Inn is decorated with antiques and, is very warm and cozy. You just can't help but feel like you're home. Beautiful sitting rooms, porch and dining room. Stewart and Suzanne are excellent hosts, very kind and accomodating. Excellent Grandmas eggs Stewart. Thanks! Our companions at the table were lively and fun, as well as Suzanne with her stories that were so entertaining. Cute Pugs too, they made an appearance AFTER breakfast, for those who would like to meet them.

Our room was Elizabeth's Royal Room. It is quite large, queen bed, and private bath. Although the bath is dated, it is charming and more than adequate. We greatly enjoyed our stay here, and will not hesitate to book there again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2010

Good location, fun hosts, great room with private bath and air conditioner.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled solo
Franklin, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Rosewood Inn during our trip through New York State.

Suzzanne & Stewart couldn't be more warm and gracious. The room was very comfortable, and well appointed, and the entire B&B most charming.

The highlight of the stay was breakfast with a very interesting couple from Isreal.
This gave us the opportunity to speak with people we usually don't get to meet.

Stewart and Suzzanne fortunately were able to join us, and by then we were old friends.

We also enjoyed the music provided by Stewart.

Loved this place.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Oakville, ON
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2010

We spent three wonderful nights at this B&B. It is an original Victorian house and decorated throughout in the same Victorian style. All the rooms have a different theme with articles and books pertaining to the theme. We stayed in two different rooms; both were wonderfully comfortable.
The breakfasts, served in a beautifully appointed dining room, are delicious and talking to other guest just made it more interesting. Stewart, the chef, and his wife Suzanne are the most welcoming people ever to run a B&B. Suzanne can tell you the history of Corning and advises a visit to The Corning Museum of Glass which is breathtaking in its splendour.
We hope to return to the Rosewood Inn many times.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Lyndhurst, NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2009

Suzanne and Stewart welcomed me so warmly I felt I was home with family, but better. Hot water and tea ready in the parlor. The room was WONDERFUL - incredibly comfortable bed, sheets, towels. Loved the tub. Breakfasts were AMAZING - each better than the next. Corning is a wonderful town to visit - so many charming shops and the museums are AWESOME!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank lovesglass
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2009

My wife and I, along with a number of friends came down to Corning to participate the Wineglass Marathon. A member of our group stayed at the Rosewood Inn during a previous visit and recommended we stay there again - What an excellent suggestion. Our inn keeper - Suzanne could not have been more hospitable. Constantly going out of her way to ensure that every need, and I mean every need was well taken care of. Between arranging outings for us, recommending and reserving tables for our meals and preparing our pre-race breakfast (at an ungodly hour) we felt we had our own personal butler/ess. Her hospitality even extended to friends of ours who were staying at another hotel....Sure, come for breakfast - no charge she said - and she meant it! Stewart her husband did an outstanding job preparing gourment meals for our breakfasts - Mushroom Strata and outstanding French Toast....Yum. The Inn itself was warm and inviting. Decorated to the period you immediately felt at home, which was how we were greeted upon arrival "Welcome home". Our room was wonderful. Nice comfy bed and sitting room. The central area was often used by our group and was quite comfortable. Absolutely a wonderful extended weekend at the Rosewood....Can't wait to come back

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
New York, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2008

I am not a bed & breakfast person, neither is my husband. I want to state that before anyone reads my review. We stayed a few nights here. We had a suite, which was a decent size, with a minifridge, good room temperature, very flowery. We walked outside to enter the manor. The manor had a nice waiting area. The breakfast was a full breakfast, with strangers, which is a bit uncomfortable for me. I guess what makes this average, rather than above average was the two incidents that my husband had with the male owner. On our second morning, my husband woke up around 7am, and went in the livingroom to read the newspaper he brought with him. The owner came in and said it was better with the music on, and went to turn on the stereo. My husband said he actually preferred to read without music, and as he was the only one there, didn't think it was too much to ask that the music was off. The owner disregarded my husband, and just stated again that it was bettter on; he turned on the stereo and left the room, so my husband returned to our room to read. It was unnecessary. The other incident was that we had arrived quite late, and our room was left unlocked for us. When my husband awoke the following morning, he went to enter the house and was locked out. He walked around the house and saw the owner in the kitchen window, and asked if he could enter the house, and the owner said that we should know that the key to the front door is on our keys that were left in the door the night before. My husband didn't want to come to the room and wake me up to look for the key, so the owner did let him in, after a lecture. He was quite condescending. The female owner was nice. There was no variability with breakfast. Because we arrived past midnight the night before, we had asked in advance if we could have breakfast late. They said no, although we were the only people getting breakfast, 8:30 was the time, no exceptions. I can understand this if there are other people getting breakfast, but it was only my family there.

• Liked — large room, good temperature
  • Disliked — the male owner
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
9 Thank DocTravel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Corning
Radisson Hotel Corning
Hampton Inn Corning/Painted Post
Ramada Painted Post Corning
Ramada Painted Post Corning
#3 of 7 in Painted Post

Been to Rosewood Inn? Share your experiences!