“Mistake Corrected Beautifully”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Went there with my wife as we both enjoy Indian cuisine. We were staying in Bath NY (approx 20 miles drive west) so we called in on our way back to the hotel in the evening. We picked up our order 25 mins later and left ($28). On arriving at our hotel we discovered we had the wrong order! Back we drove to have at it; but as soon as we arrived the guy knew who we were and seated us so we could have our meal there in comfort. They gave us a complimentary drink as an apology also. The food was very good and we enjoyed friendly and efficient service also. W are Irish and have experienced Indian food in the UK as well as Ireland; and this occasion didn't disappoint either. We would highly recommend the Thali for a ood experience. One thing though...their phone number is being changed currently; so anyone trying to call (like we were!) won't get through! We told them this and theysaid it's being taken care of ASAP.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

I'm a fan of Indian food and was excited to try Thali of India. However, on both occasions I have gone to the restaurant, the service has been quite poor. The first time, the servers never brought my appetizer or naan and then tried to bill for the food. On the second visit, I had ordered an iced tea; after 10 minutes, it hadn't come yet, so I asked my server for this drink again and still never got the drink. Then when I got the bill, again I was billed for this drink that I never received. The food is decent, but not great, and I don't think that I'd plan to take any visiting friends or family to this restaurant, but rather go to Wegmans if they're wanting Indian.

1  Thank rbear228
Reviewed September 3, 2010

I have been to this restuaraunt a couple times and have been very impressed by the outsanding quality if Indian food in such a small town. Even my daughter loves the food (specifically the chicken makhani). The service is always polite and curteous, our waitress was very personable and humorous aswell. Overall the restuaraunt has a great Vibe!

5  Thank il0vepuppies
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Made a special trip here to give an ex-pat relative a balti. We are from the UK and know a good curry when we see it. Didn't get that here, and the service was terrible. As a party of six, including three children, we had to ask several times to get even a glass of water and we were in the act of leaving when our first round of drinks arrived more than an hour after we sat down. The appetisers, when they finally came, were cold. Some of them never did turn up. The main courses were poor - the baltis were not proper baltis and the jalfrezi was eccentric to say the least.

3  Thank helsbels05
Reviewed May 28, 2010

This place is good for Indian food. The wait staff is very courteous as well. I would go there more often if my husband liked Indian food more.

1  Thank EasyCheese122