“An OK dinner out”

Panasia
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Tried Panasia as something different for a dinner out. It was ok. Nothing special. It's a new restaurant and you could tell there were a few bugs to work out.

We started off having to use the 'flashlight' feature of our cellphones in order to see the menu. Eventually one of the staff noticed and turned up the lights so we could read the menus. Since there were five of us we decided to order a variety of dishes. Most of them were fairly good. The szechuan beef was the biggest disappointment. Typically restaurants are able to serve spicey dishes with a degree of hotness based on the customers request. Panasia had one chili sauce - no variations. It was hot. Also the beef was tough so it was probably over cooked.

Staff service was ok. Took forever to get the credit card machine to pay bill. It was being passed around the room.

All in all nothing memerable,

Reviewed September 1, 2014

We're not regulars to Corning so I can't speak with authority about how much this new restaurant stands out but I can say that it stood out to us as a quality meal while on a Labor Day weekend road trip.
Upon checking in to our motel we did an online search for where to eat and this name came up. We checked the menu and it looked like it was something more than a basic Chinese/Japanese restaurant.
I had the Thai Cornish hen and my wife had spring rolls and the Japanese Yaki Udon soup. The hen was flavorful, moist and arrived quickly. My wife loved the soup's flavor but said it was too salty for her taste. The presentation was impressively attractive. The waitstaff were all attentive and friendly.
If you want quiet, however, this is not for you. They have a large space (actually three spaces that connect) and open kitchen. There is a full bar and the drinks were generous.
We thoroughly enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed August 30, 2014

It's simple. If you're calling your dishes "family-style" be certain that there is enough for a family. The food is underwhelming. You're better off going to three different restaurants to get a better counterpart of what PanAsia offers in their limited menu.
I'm writing a review for when I ordered take out. My expectations were lowered since I'm not eating the food fresh out of the kitchen, but does the quality have to be comprised tremendously?!
The shrimp and veggie tempura was so soggy. There were 3 different veggies. The two shrimp were small!! Not what you would get from a Jaanese restaurant. And it didn't even come with the dipping sauce. Which is a must.
Three lobster rangoons?! Seriously? And they weren't even plump with filling.
The entree I got was packed in a large sized Chinese carton. Along with the rice. The top was the entree and 3/4 of the carton was filled with rice. What a joke.
If I'm going to dish out that much money on some "fusion asian food" it better be worth it. Unfortunately I was quite disappointed by PanAsiaCuisine. I would rather take my business elsewhere. Most likely Ithaca. There you will find authentic asian cuisine and you will surely be pleased with your money well spent.

2  Thank pinayatheart26
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Loud and poor service. Trying to be too trendy. Food was OK but if you are serving hamburgers and fries have some ketchup….eel sauce doesn't cut it…..and at least admit it!!!

4  Thank Diane S
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

We were excited to try this new restaurant on market st and without thinking much about it we went after work and brought our two year old along. While it was not designed for a child dining experience, they were very accommodating. A high chair was provided but without a kids menu, our little one enjoyed a mild (yet delicious) version of their Pad Thai. For our choices, the Rock & Roll Sushi and Green Curry were delectable. Our waitress, was very pleasant, cheerful and helpful on menu selections. We definitely plan on returning, perhaps without the babe in tow next time. Well done Pan-Asia.