“Excellent Food and Service”

Market Street Brewing Company
Ranked #8 of 71 Restaurants in Corning
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 24, 2011

We have eaten here annually for the past several years. I can only echo the very positive comments by previous reviews. The micro-brews are excellent, as are the food items on the menu. The portions are generally huge, so I would recommend ordering conservatively. The prices are extremely reasonable.

The interior seating is rather dark and gloomy, so I would recommend the outdoor patio seating if weather permits. However, I did notice the outdoor seating was equipped with "eisenglass curtains you can roll right down, in case there's a change in the weather," with due credit to Rodgers and Hammerstein.

In general, I have found the mostly female waitstaff to be very friendly and efficient, although this time around, we drew a rather loud-mouthed waiter named Wally whose manner was rather off-putting if not downright offensive. I suspect he won't last long in this line of work.

Reviewed May 15, 2011

My wife and I were traveling through the Finger Lakes of New York. We stayed overnight in Corning and decided to go to dinner at the Market Street Brewing Company. The food was great, the beer was great, and the service was excellent. We enjoyed it so much we went back the next night and had the same waitress, Dani who remembered us and who made us feel like we were regulars. We moved on the next day but wished we could have taken the restaurant with us. We highly recommend this place.

2  Thank brubrew
Reviewed April 30, 2011

I have two very small children. This sometimes makes restaurant staffers look at us with fear in their eyes when we approach. Not here! They welcomed my family on our vacation. My toddler loved The hotdog and homemade chips. The waitress was very attentive and filled my husbands water glass every five min, which is super important to how he feels about eating out...we call him aquaman. We loved the sushi nachos and stuffed banana pepper apps. The beer was very good and the prices were super family friendly.

1  Thank Dietzmomma
Reviewed January 14, 2011

got to say the sushi nachos are extremely superb! going back asap! . was not to satisfied by the chicken pot pie, lookin for more veggies! but not stoppin us from going back for those sushi nachos! summer spinach salad is def. a must try!

1  Thank snoyah
Reviewed December 5, 2010

We had an excellent meal at MSBC. My wife said it was the best Chicken Pot Pie she'd ever eaten. I got a delicious smoked salmon appetizer and a spinach salad that was quite tasty too.