“Fun and tasty”

Ranked #2 of 71 Restaurants in Corning
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A Corning Family Dining Tradition since 1951. Sorge’s is a 2nd generation family owned restaurant specializing in homemade pasta, sauces, desserts, and our own special blend of top choice beef for our burgers. Features: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Dessert, Dining on a budget, Entertaining clients, Families with Children, Groups up to 80, Reservations, Romance, Special Occasions, Takeout, Full Liquor License, Handicap accessible, Free Parking in front.
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Enjoyed a nice Italian meal here. Typical Italian menu. Nice flavors. What I expect at a family Italian restaurant. Would be a great place for a large group too. Excellent service. Very friendly. Good price point.

Sorges_in_Corning, Owner at Sorge's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Thank You Acaida. Glad you enjoyed your meal with us. We work hard to create an authentic Italian dining experience. Mike & Chris

Reviewed July 21, 2014

Nice decor, friendly attentive staff. Two of the three meals were very good. Y
The seafood dish was very good prepared and cooked just right. One of the steak dinners, ordered rare, was seasoned lightly and served rare. The other steak, ordered med rare, came up short. Lacking flavor, dry and chewy. While sometimes 2 out of3 isn't bad we would hope for better. Their wine list is good.

Sorges_in_Corning, Owner at Sorge's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2014

Thank you for bringing this situation to our attention. I really would have loved to hear your feedback in person so we could have corrected that steak problem immediately. I am glad you enjoyed the other meals. We hold ourself to a high standard, and our goal at Sorge’s is to make sure that each and every one of our customers has a great dining experience when they visit us! Apparently we did not reach our goal when you dined with us recently, and I apologize. Please, if you get the opportunity to eat at Sorge's again, ask for one of us. Mike & Chris

Reviewed July 19, 2014

We went for a terrific breakfast buffet before going to the Corning Museum.

I was a big fan of the blueberry crepes.

Thanks. Our breakfast buffet is a popular choice on Market Street. Mike & Chris

Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I ate at Sorge's on a Monday evening. It is a quaint resturant with great history. The service was great. Our waitress was very friendly and we enjoyed her. We had italian artichoke hearts as an appetizer served with wonderful marinara sauce. My husband had ravioli michalangelo and I had lasagna primavera. They were both wonderful. I highly recommend this resturant on historic Market street in lovely Corning, New York.

Sorges_in_Corning, Owner at Sorge's Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Hello and welcome from Texas. Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am glad you your husband enjoyed our slice of Italy in New York. And thanks for the strong recommendation. Mike & Chris.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

We were in the mood for Italian while speeding a night in Corning and Sorge's was recommended to us.

This is a quaint restaurant, very clean with great service. The house salad was great as were the garlic rolls. My wife had shrimp and I had veal parmesan. She enjoyed her dish but I found the veal, while tender, was compromised by tasteless tomato sauce. With a side of spaghetti, a flavorful tomato sauce would have greatly improved my meal.

Thank you Kreuzr for sharing your thoughts with us. We have multiple home made sauces available for you to choose from to complement your pasta choices. I am not sure which sauce you selected, but our "Angry Sauce" has become extremely popular. On you next visit, I would suggest you give that sauce a try. Glad you enjoyed everything else. Mike & Chris