“Slammin Doesn't Disappoint”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Grapevine, Texas
“Slammin Doesn't Disappoint”
Reviewed May 8, 2014

I found this place thanks to great reviews on Tripadvisor, and used it as bait. I was working on getting my husband to take the 5+ hour drive from our home to Corning, NY. Visiting the CMOG has been on my list of must visit places forever. I was bummed when it was closed Tuesday night- but hey, it was after 9 when we finally got up there. I opted to bring him for lunch. With the door propped open to cool it off- you already got a hint of what to expect getting out of the car in the parking lot. Smokey Barbecue draws you in. Simple menu, Spartanly furnished, country music playing. The Chef/owner came out to see how we liked everything. It was really very good. I had the pulled pork sandwich and deep fried pickle app. The server was so friendly, the chef/ appetizer. My other half, who used to live in the Ft. Worth area, had a full rack of pork ribs...that he did his best to finish, but was happy to have them again for dinner. He loved it. Very good- barbecue. It is probably a good thing it is so far away from home.

• Visited May 2014

• Hebrew first
Buffalo, New York
“Excellent BBQ”
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Genuine Texas BBQ in NY. Just down the road from the Corning Museum of Glass, you have to stop into this place. The wait time was a little rough for us, but the owner--friendly fellow--explained that at least three of his main staff people called off sick. I'll take the longer wait over getting sick. Anyway, the ribs I had were fantastic, and my wife's brisket was tender and delicious. Like true southern BBQ, they don't kill the meat a second time with sauce. The smoke comes through effectively and mixes well with the slightly tangy, peppery, robust flavor of the sauce. I highly recommend this place! We had leftovers to take back to the hotel.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank DoctorRansom
Memphis, Tennessee
“Delicious!”
Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Very good BBQ! All 6 of us enjoyed our meals! Portions were generous. All the sides were homemade. The owner was friendly and made sure all customers were satisfied. We'll definitely go back!

Horseheads, New York
“Great Food!!!!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

I have to say that the Trip Advisor reviewers were right on target with their great reviews of this place. The BBQ is to die for. I had the ribs which they told me they were known for. They were tender, smoky, and had tons of meat on the bone and they give you a lot. The other people in my party had brisket and pulled pork sandwiches which they said were incredible.

Now for the Cons- the macaroni salad was extremely dry and needed more mayo and spices. The beans and potato side was bland and the beans very mushy but that's what you get when you use green beans in a can and cook them a long time. Trying to read the menu was very hard. It is allover the place and not well organized. I also have to disagree that the owner and staff was friendly. We were looking all over the place trying to find the menu and she asked if we had been there before. We said no and she just said we are known for our ribs. Ok anything else like welcome?

I will go back but maybe get it to go since the food is the star at this place.

• Visited March 2014
“An amazing little place”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Came from Rochester to go to the museum and came on here for a place to eat. Great choice! The food was amzing. Brisket and pulled pork is so soft. Sauce is top notch. The atmosphere is that bbq shack, small, gives that bbq vibe. The menu is simple and the owner is friendly and passionate about his food.

• Visited March 2014