“Great Food!!!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Slammin Jammin Southern Smoked BBQ
Ranked #11 of 67 Restaurants in Corning
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Horseheads, New York
“Great Food!!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

I have to say that the Trip Advisor reviewers were right on target with their great reviews of this place. The BBQ is to die for. I had the ribs which they told me they were known for. They were tender, smoky, and had tons of meat on the bone and they give you a lot. The other people in my party had brisket and pulled pork sandwiches which they said were incredible.

Now for the Cons- the macaroni salad was extremely dry and needed more mayo and spices. The beans and potato side was bland and the beans very mushy but that's what you get when you use green beans in a can and cook them a long time. Trying to read the menu was very hard. It is allover the place and not well organized. I also have to disagree that the owner and staff was friendly. We were looking all over the place trying to find the menu and she asked if we had been there before. We said no and she just said we are known for our ribs. Ok anything else like welcome?

I will go back but maybe get it to go since the food is the star at this place.

• Visited March 2014

• Hebrew first
“An amazing little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2014

Came from Rochester to go to the museum and came on here for a place to eat. Great choice! The food was amzing. Brisket and pulled pork is so soft. Sauce is top notch. The atmosphere is that bbq shack, small, gives that bbq vibe. The menu is simple and the owner is friendly and passionate about his food.

• Visited March 2014
Painted Post, New York
“Diamond in the Rough!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

We are locals and love a good barbecue! While the atmosphere "rustic" and very casual, the food is delicious! More meat on one bone than you'll get on an entire rack at Chili's or Texas Roadhouse! The sides are delicious, as well. Friendly staff who are very accommodating will insure a good meal.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Linda F
Ithaca, New York
“Agree with other reviewers- good stuff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

Very nice folks who make a great product at a competitive price. We ordered the 1/4 lb combo. Everything was good, but the ribs were the best.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank baileyjeter
Corning, New York
“Keeps getting better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

My last review of this place was excellent but I since ate there again and it was even better. The pork ribs were even better than the last time. They were also offering beef ribs. My son got those and we split the two types. The beef ones were fantastic as well! Drive down Pultney street and you can smell them cooking a mile away. Funny story, I had no intention of going out this particular night and I was on Bridge street at the Chiropractor. I came out and the yummy smell of smoking ribs hit me. I called my son and told him to meet me there!

• Visited November 2013