“Great side and and no-skimpin' slammin' bbq”

Slammin Jammin Southern Smoked BBQ
Ranked #9 of 69 Restaurants in Corning
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

While I'm a dry rub bbq guy, I was impressed how juicy the ribs were here and the restraint used with not overloading the ribs with sauce. Big meaty ribs were awesome. The sides including the baked beans and slaw were great. My only gripe was the corn bread / muffin. Jiffy mix or whatever this was just didn't match what was on the rest of the plate.

There are newer reviews for Slammin Jammin Southern Smoked BBQ

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I stopped at this restaurant after a visit to Corning Glass Museum. Based upon the reviews, I ordered the dinner portion of ribs even though it was lunch time. The ribs were succulent and fall-off--the-bone delicious. Home-made cole slaw and baked beans were as tasty as I make at home.
Just as important as the food is the hospitality and the husband and wife owners/cooks are brimming with warmth.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

It's a bit hard to find if you aren't familiar with Corning but the BBQ was surprisingly good. I had the pulled pork sandwich and the meat was tender with only a modest amount of sauce on top. My husband had the brisket sandwich which had a nice, smoky flavor. For sides I had french fries which were fine but my husband was disappointed with the hush puppies. As others have pointed out, the couple running the place are very friendly. We will definitely go back, eager to try the ribs.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

the food was excellent and very reasonably priced I would have liked to have seen a sampler platter the owner actually took the time to talk to us and invite us back if we were ever in the area again

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Picked up 1/2 chicken and pulled pork dinner. The meat was so tender, really good! The beans were excellent, it was a nice change from the normal takeout options. Definitely best BBQ in this area!