“THE best barbeque around! Legitimately slow cooked and tender”

Slammin Jammin Southern Smoked BBQ
Ranked #11 of 67 Restaurants in Corning
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Dining on a budget, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Elmira, New York
“THE best barbeque around! Legitimately slow cooked and tender”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

My wife and I stopped here based on the reviews here on TripAdvisor. We were very glad we did. The ribs and pulled pork are slow cooked, smoky, and fall off the bone! We spoke with the owner briefly who was very friendly and personable (as were the others working that evening). He told us the ribs are slow cooked over 12 hours and the nice pink color of the pork shows it. Some other BBQ joints claim this, but I haven't found anything that compares to this. The prices were really good and the service was super fast. The sides are excellent and the portions are great. The dining room wasn't quite what I expected, It was smaller inside but it was still comfortable. That didn't bother us though. These guys know their BBQ!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank TimmyB80

• Hebrew first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food in Corning!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We ate here after a long day at The Corning Museum of Glass. This was by far the best bbq I have had (that I didn't smoke myself). Prices were very good. We had the family meal with two pounds of meat and three sides. We chose brisket and pulled pork for the meats and fries, mac n cheese, and Cole slaw for the sides. Everything was homemade and delicious. Service was great and far better than the our experience last night at a pizza place on Market St. We waited over an hour for a mediocre pizza at Aniello's. The owner of Slammin Jammin actually came to our table and talked to us for a while. Great guy from Texas. Stay away from the overpriced tourist traps and give this guy some business. It's the real deal, very clean, and excellent service. I need to recommend the order of corn nuggets we had also. They were amazing. I was a little skeptical at first due to there only being two reviews on Trip Advisor but was very happily impressed. Me, my wife, and two kids completely engorged ourselves and thankfully have a fridge I am the hotel room for the leftovers. I know I'm going to have a late night snack tonight! We traveled here from Buffalo for a short vacation and just this meal alone made the trip worthwhile. We will definitely return!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Ray K
Painted Post, New York
“BBQ!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

RIBS ARE BRISKET ARE AMAZING!!!!!! You want good bbq this is the joint!!!! Very kid friendly as well...I was there with my family and 2 other familes, and when the kids were done eating they gave out free popsicles and gum balls.

• Visited June 2013
“Great food. Hard to find.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Had to feed my kids and their friends. Got great food for a great price and QUICK! If you can find it you will love it.

• Visited June 2013