“Welcoming Atmosphere and Excellent Food”
Review of Woodhouse Tavern

Woodhouse Tavern
Ranked #22 of 71 Restaurants in Corning
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 8, 2013

On a recent Friday evening we decided to try someplace new for dinner and visited the Woodhouse Tavern in Corning and are very happy we did. The building appears modern and new and stepping inside you are greeted by a clean, open and busy yet relaxed atmosphere. We chose an open table and we greeted promptly and provided menus and our drink order was taken. There is a better than average number of choices when it comes to beer on tap ranging from domestic favorites to local microbrews and craft beers.
The menu was fairly extensive and everything on it sounded like a good choice. it was all traditional bar food and American fare, with a variety of choices in each category. We ordered a cross section of the available meals and all were excellent. The Fish Fry special was perfectly cooked and served in a large portion with a choice of many sides. Their wraps and sandwiches are large and well made. The wings are large, meaty and done just right. Their hottest sauce selection (Oh Boy) may not be record setting heat, but certainly a step beyond what most places will call Hot and very flavorful. Overall it was a very pleasant experience and an excellent value, we will be returning!

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Was in town one night so I walked down Market St. to find a place to eat. Wasn't impressed with the offerings so I decided to head to the Woodhouse Tavern. Had read some good reviews on Yelp and was curious. Was a bit nervous when I saw the Harley's outside - not sure I wanted to hit a "biker bar"!

Sat down and within minutes a nice young lady took my drink order and a few minutes later my dinner order. Special was a chicken speidie (look it up if you don't know what it is) w/mac salad. Also ordered a 1/2 dozen "hot" wings and a martini. This place has free roasted peanuts so I grabbed a bowl of those as well.

Bartender (owner?) came out and said they didn't have Beefeaters - would Bombay Sapphire do? Well, sure, twist my arm! Got my drink - full sized Martini glass poured full...don't see that too often...glad I walked. Then dinner came out - must haven't heard me as they delivered a full dozen wings with the Speidie. Not a problem as I was starving. Wings were cooked to perfection although not all that hot - but hot enough. Speidie was great and the potato salad (ran out of mac salad) was delicious. Ordered another Martini.

Best part of this place was the service - one of the friendliest places I've ever been in. Nice mix of people but nothing over the top - would have no problem bringing my family in here.

2  Thank biztraveler999