“A big mess”

Old World Cafe and Ice Cream
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Corning
Cuisines: American
Description: We stopped here in Corning. Really great sandwiches and soup. Terrific ice cream. The bakery items looked great although we did not try them.
Reviewed May 27, 2013

It's true that we came in right when they opened, but this is still not a good enough excuse for a huge mess - it felt like the waitresses themselves were not too sure what can be ordered, from whom, and how was it to be delivered. Apparently the Paninis, which are one of the main place's fortes were not available until after noon as the same grill was used for the soups. The waitresses did try their best, but with a very limited selection and an eclectic collection of constraints even ordering the food became a challenge. The food itself was decent and the various dishes were of decent size. Still, we will not come back again.

1  Thank BusyBizTraveler

Reviewed May 17, 2013

My family and I visited this shop after visiting the museum.

We picked this shop because the good review in the internet.

It was not hard to find a parking on street.

The ice-cream was so good, creamy, smooth and delicious.
However, the coffee is ok for me. My sister ordered cappuccino which is so light like a glass of water.

1  Thank KruKeng
Reviewed April 24, 2013

During a recent visit on April 19th, 2013 walked downtown from the Radisson Hotel for a local lunch at a Mom & Pop place. Found this location and with friends had lunch. I had a Turkey sandwich along with a cup of the Seafood chowder. It was fantastic! Sandwich had great break, meat portion was sufficient and chowder was excellent! Everyone in my group ate there several times over the days we were in town and I never heard one complaint. Only small thing that I did not like was that they had no fountain soft drink service. You had to get a drink in a can or bottle out of the cooler, but that's a small thing. Price was good too. I recommend it to anyone staying in or traveling through the Corning area.

1  Thank Mike32765
Reviewed April 9, 2013

If you love subs or panini sandwiches you must stop at the Old World Cafe and Ice Cream in Corning, NY. My family and I went on April 5th. We went to the Corning Glass Museum first. Afterwards we just happened to be walking by the Old World Cafe. We thought it looked like a cute cafe. My 7" sub had ham, turkey, salami, tomatoe, and lettuce on it for only $7.95 and it came with chips. My sub was so thick with meat that I had to squish the roll down to take a bite. It was delicious!! I could only eat 1/2 of the sub. The server was kind to wrap up the rest of the sub to take home. These sandwiches and subs are to die for! I couldn't believe I had what it looked like almost a pound of meat on my sandwich (not like other places that put on a few slices of meat). I recommend having their Bulldog ice cream for dessert. YOU MUST TRY THIS RESTAURANT if you're driving through Corning, NY.

1  Thank Bostonian646
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great place if not the best In Corning NY.
We will visit again. The sandwich we had was very gooooood in taste and in looks. The soup was very very taste and the food was at our table in no time. Great service. We can't wait to go there again. I'm hoping to find out what the soup of the day is there
Wanting to know the name. We will be there this coming weekend.

1  Thank marhu